If God is all knowing, why did He create ....

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you. That's what I thought you were saying - just wanted to make sure.

You're thoughts aren't much different from many Christians. I actually think it's what turns many Christians toward the New Age ideology.

When you first read the Bible you're thinking of this wrathful vengeful God. He wiped out many tribes. But if you dig in it's history, I think you would see why God would want to wipe them out. The Bible doesn't seem to mention most of it. The tribes He wiped out would do crazy stuff like sacrifice babies, torture and mutilate slaves, women, and children, drink blood, etc. These practices started to permeate the world - even the Israelites started adopting those practices. All for a made-up God who did nothing for them. I don't think you would have a problem wiping those people either just as you wouldn't have a problem wiping out all of the Nazis.

Also, many Christians seem to believe it's just as simple as if you know Jesus you go to heaven. If you don't know Jesus you go to hell. I've seen it taught this way many times. However, I don't think it's quite that simple. Or else there would be no day of judgement. There would even be a need for Evil to exist because then it would just be about do you know Jesus or do you not know Jesus?

I believe you are getting the idea from this verse: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Right? If not, please let me know if there is something else.

This is very much open to interpretation. I take this to mean that He will stand in judgement and I don't think it's going to be about did you know me or not know me. I think it's going to be more about what's in your heart. Some people will watch their life review and be sorry. Some people will watch it and take pleasure in the misery they caused for other people. They won't be able to hide it just as a serial killer can't hide that they're not really sorry for all those people they killed. They may say it, but we know it won't be true. People will try to repent be sorry and will find that they can't. We that follow Jesus's teachings have an advantage because He did teach us things like how to actually repent and be sorry. I think the key is learning to love your neighbor. I think if you followed Jesus's teaching and you repent and actually be sorry then you will have a much easier time in judgement.

I've researched a lot of Near Death Experiences. Based on what I've researched, most seem to go to heaven. The ones that end up in Hell seem to eventually get saved. I've seen a lot of Youtubers discuss their dreams and visions saying they have seen good people in Hell simply because they didn't believe in Jesus. I'm not sure I buy in to dreams and visions. These things are just deeply rooted in to what they believe whether it's true or not true.

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38

Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. Luke 8:12

I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. John 10:9

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved Acts 4:12

So no, it is not through " New Age" thinking but straight from the Bible.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lucifer who would eventually trick billions of people to go to hell? Lucifer tricks humans through any activity that does not glorify God, through vanity,( if you wear makeup, false nails or jewelry you are going to hell unless you repent and stop), video games, cartoons, secular music, movies, profanity, etc. In fact, all the things in our culture the devil has tricked us into thinking they are no big deal- will land us in hell unless we repent. Taking birth control, smoking, using hair dye, wearing tight clothing, are all displeasing to God. So why would God create and allow this creature to wreck havoc on mankind if He loves us? I have posted a video below..

Wearing make-up and jewelry doesn't send anyone to hell, rejecting Jesus does.
Trying to place the blame for that on the devil is exactly what Adam and Eve did in the garden.
“The woman whom You gave me, she gave me fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
No, that's an excuse. The blame rests entirely on each person and their acceptance or rejection of God's Grace.

God does not look on the outward appearance and judge people according to their hair. Sitting in a sack does not make you more Holy.
1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Every person ever born is heading for hell until they accept Jesus and it doesn't matter if they never do any of the things you listed. You can't make yourself stay out of hell by following a set of laws.

It's God's Grace.
Ephesians 2
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
Not removing fake nails.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Wearing make-up and jewelry doesn't send anyone to hell, rejecting Jesus does.
Trying to place the blame for that on the devil is exactly what Adam and Eve did in the garden.
“The woman whom You gave me, she gave me fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
No, that's an excuse. The blame rests entirely on each person and their acceptance or rejection of God's Grace.

God does not look on the outward appearance and judge people according to their hair. Sitting in a sack does not make you more Holy.
1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Every person ever born is heading for hell until they accept Jesus and it doesn't matter if they never do any of the things you listed. You can't make yourself stay out of hell by following a set of laws.

It's God's Grace.
Ephesians 2
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
Not removing fake nails.

I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 1 Timothy 2:9

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 1 Peter 3:3-4

The Lord says,
“The women of Zion are haughty,
walking along with outstretched necks,
flirting with their eyes,
strutting along with swaying hips,
with ornaments jingling on their ankles.
17 Therefore the Lord will bring sores on the heads of the women of Zion;
the Lord will make their scalps bald.”

18 In that day the Lord will snatch away their finery: the bangles and headbands and crescent necklaces, 19 the earrings and bracelets and veils, 20 the headdresses and anklets and sashes, the perfume bottles and charms, 21 the signet rings and nose rings, 22 the fine robes and the capes and cloaks, the purses 23 and mirrors, and the linen garments and tiaras and shawls.

24 Instead of fragrance there will be a stench;
instead of a sash, a rope;
instead of well-dressed hair, baldness;
instead of fine clothing, sackcloth;
instead of beauty, branding.
25 Your men will fall by the sword,
your warriors in battle.
26 The gates of Zion will lament and mourn;
destitute, she will sit on the ground. Isaiah 3:17-26

Why would the Lord mention these things if He only cares about what is inside? If you choose to play with your eternal destiny for vanity sake that is your business. I haven't said this to upset anyone or say things that aren't true, but just to remind people that satan has had over 2000 years to devise plots and schemes that he knows are not clear in the Bible but will keep us out of heaven. That is his only plan. To make sure we do not inherit what he lost and he will do anything and have you believe nothing is a big deal when it is. Remember what man bases success on God finds worthless and what is no big deal to man God finds great worth in. Who are you trying to impress? A bunch of people who are probably hellbound( in this day and age) or God? I am not trying to prove anything to anyone but if a building is burning on the top floor and Im trying to escape it and I pass someone on their way up in the stairwell, do I warn them that it is burning up there or say nothing and let them find out on their own?

• Agree
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 1 Timothy 2:9

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 1 Peter 3:3-4

The Lord says,
“The women of Zion are haughty,
walking along with outstretched necks,
flirting with their eyes,
strutting along with swaying hips,
with ornaments jingling on their ankles.
17 Therefore the Lord will bring sores on the heads of the women of Zion;
the Lord will make their scalps bald.”

18 In that day the Lord will snatch away their finery: the bangles and headbands and crescent necklaces, 19 the earrings and bracelets and veils, 20 the headdresses and anklets and sashes, the perfume bottles and charms, 21 the signet rings and nose rings, 22 the fine robes and the capes and cloaks, the purses 23 and mirrors, and the linen garments and tiaras and shawls.

24 Instead of fragrance there will be a stench;
instead of a sash, a rope;
instead of well-dressed hair, baldness;
instead of fine clothing, sackcloth;
instead of beauty, branding.
25 Your men will fall by the sword,
your warriors in battle.
26 The gates of Zion will lament and mourn;
destitute, she will sit on the ground. Isaiah 3:17-26

Why would the Lord mention these things if He only cares about what is inside? If you choose to play with your eternal destiny for vanity sake that is your business. I haven't said this to upset anyone or say things that aren't true, but just to remind people that satan has had over 2000 years to devise plots and schemes that he knows are not clear in the Bible but will keep us out of heaven. That is his only plan. To make sure we do not inherit what he lost and he will do anything and have you believe nothing is a big deal when it is. Remember what man bases success on God finds worthless and what is no big deal to man God finds great worth in. Who are you trying to impress? A bunch of people who are probably hellbound( in this day and age) or God? I am not trying to prove anything to anyone but if a building is burning on the top floor and Im trying to escape it and I pass someone on their way up in the stairwell, do I warn them that it is burning up there or say nothing and let them find out on their own?

Because in this case, what they had going on inside showed on the outside.

They didn't simply want to look nice, or look smart for work or look pretty for their husbands. (being haughty, outstretched necks, flirting with eyes, swaying hips) This was to entice men.

There is a world of difference to putting on jewelry with the intent they had verses wearing a pair of earrings your husband gave you as an anniversary gift and hoping he thinks you look pretty.
The motive behind the wearing and how it is worn is different.
Which was what I was trying to get across in my post. It is the heart attitude that matters.

The same thing can be said about many other things.

Money:
1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Money can be a person's downfall. It can become a hindrance to faith or even an idol.

Does this mean money is something we should despise and not touch and have nothing to do with?
Not at all, the Lord expects us to look after our families.

1 Timothy 5:8
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

He also loves a cheerful giver.
6 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

The same can be said about alcohol:
It can be a person's downfall
Galatians 5:21
Envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

This does not make it inherently evil
1 Timothy 5:23
No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.

The evil or good lies within how these things are used.

Romans 14 is a good chapter to read over.
If putting on a necklace feels sinful to you, it has become sin to you. That does not mean it is sinful for the people around you. can you see inside their heart?
I would mediate on these verses.
2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant?
To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

If someone you know seems to be in peril from an idol type love of jewelry, money or anything else pray for them, pray that the Holy Spirit will convict them. Somehow I doubt anyone idolizes their hair dye but if they do and they don't know Christ- these are people in the burning building that need snatching from the fire. You can't do it for them and telling them to toss their hair dye won't work either. Tell them about Christ, because it's Christ that they need; pouring their hair dye down the sink won't help them.

But it isn't for you pass judgment on someone simply because you see they died their hair purple. You are then again looking on the outside and deciding something with no idea of who they are, why they look the way they do or what their heart is like. Reminds me of the parable of the good Samaritan, you can't tell who has love or who is righteous by appearance. Just because someone looks the part doesn't mean squat.
13 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

I get what you are trying to do, I use to think in similar ways when I was young. The older I get the more I realize that I don't know and I have stopped assuming. Peoples actions and words over time will tell you way more than an armful of bangles.

Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, God can prophesy and make predictions just like how I can predict how my step-son's life would end up just by looking at his behaviors.

Is this scriptural or you're own personal opinion? If scriptural, then I'd love to see the passages.
1 Cor 2:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness"; 20. and again, "The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile."

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,144.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lucifer who would eventually trick billions of people to go to hell? Lucifer tricks humans through any activity that does not glorify God, through vanity,( if you wear makeup, false nails or jewelry you are going to hell unless you repent and stop), video games, cartoons, secular music, movies, profanity, etc. In fact, all the things in our culture the devil has tricked us into thinking they are no big deal- will land us in hell unless we repent. Taking birth control, smoking, using hair dye, wearing tight clothing, are all displeasing to God. So why would God create and allow this creature to wreck havoc on mankind if He loves us? I have posted a video below..

Angel behavior (human behavior as well) is like a bell shape normal distribution in terms of statistics and probabilities. Which says if it's not Satan then it will be someone else. This is the behavior of what freewill is. If Satan is destroyed before hand, there will be a Satan02. If satan02 is killed there will be a satan03...etc to fill up that place. This is resulted by the behavior of freewill itself.

In the end, in a place where God is absent, the most powerful and the most evil will rule, whether it's Satan or someone else.

bellcurve.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FameBright

Jan 20, 2021
Biloxi
✟22,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

To put this in to better context, Jesus told this to his disciples before He sent them on their mission to spread the Gospel. He knew they were going to be persecuted. I think all but one was either crucified or died violent deaths. It was said that one was even sawed in half.
So you think Jesus was talking about the world or just those people that persecuted them?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if I were going to go along with the basis of, "If you know about me, you go to heaven; If not, then you go to hell. It would raise a lot more questions for me.

For example why did He even use the word condemned? Why not be blunt and just say whoever does not believe will go straight to Hell?

Why does the Bible say that we would be judged according to our works? Why didn't it just say that we would be judged on whether or not we knew Jesus?

Why did Jesus make it a point to surround Himself with mostly sinners? If it was just all about knowing who He was in order to get to Heaven shouldn't He have surrounded Himself with everyone whether good or bad?

Upvote 0

FameBright

Jan 20, 2021
Biloxi
✟22,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Cor 2:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness"; 20. and again, "The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile."

Sorry, I'm having trouble making the connection here. I believe this passage it talking about people who boast about their own leaders or churches believing they're right when none of the leaders are really as wise as they think. Out of all the Leaders, Jesus is the wisest and the one who laid the solid groundwork. For example, the Puritans came to the New World because they felt the Churches in England were straying from the path of what is scriptural thinking they know what's better.

How did you interpret it?

Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I'm having trouble making the connection here. I believe this passage it talking about people who boast about their own leaders or churches believing they're right when none of the leaders are really as wise as they think. Out of all the Leaders, Jesus is the wisest and the one who laid the solid groundwork. For example, the Puritans came to the New World because they felt the Churches in England were straying from the path of what is scriptural thinking they know what's better.

How did you interpret it?
Sorry, I'll just get out of this conversation, because it going somewhere else.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Because in this case, what they had going on inside showed on the outside.

They didn't simply want to look nice, or look smart for work or look pretty for their husbands. (being haughty, outstretched necks, flirting with eyes, swaying hips) This was to entice men.

There is a world of difference to putting on jewelry with the intent they had verses wearing a pair of earrings your husband gave you as an anniversary gift and hoping he thinks you look pretty.
The motive behind the wearing and how it is worn is different.
Which was what I was trying to get across in my post. It is the heart attitude that matters.

The same thing can be said about many other things.

Money:
1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Money can be a person's downfall. It can become a hindrance to faith or even an idol.

Does this mean money is something we should despise and not touch and have nothing to do with?
Not at all, the Lord expects us to look after our families.

1 Timothy 5:8
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

He also loves a cheerful giver.
6 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

The same can be said about alcohol:
It can be a person's downfall
Galatians 5:21
Envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

This does not make it inherently evil
1 Timothy 5:23
No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.

The evil or good lies within how these things are used.

Romans 14 is a good chapter to read over.
If putting on a necklace feels sinful to you, it has become sin to you. That does not mean it is sinful for the people around you. can you see inside their heart?
I would mediate on these verses.
2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant?
To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

If someone you know seems to be in peril from an idol type love of jewelry, money or anything else pray for them, pray that the Holy Spirit will convict them. Somehow I doubt anyone idolizes their hair dye but if they do and they don't know Christ- these are people in the burning building that need snatching from the fire. You can't do it for them and telling them to toss their hair dye won't work either. Tell them about Christ, because it's Christ that they need; pouring their hair dye down the sink won't help them.

But it isn't for you pass judgment on someone simply because you see they died their hair purple. You are then again looking on the outside and deciding something with no idea of who they are, why they look the way they do or what their heart is like. Reminds me of the parable of the good Samaritan, you can't tell who has love or who is righteous by appearance. Just because someone looks the part doesn't mean squat.
13 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

I get what you are trying to do, I use to think in similar ways when I was young. The older I get the more I realize that I don't know and I have stopped assuming. Peoples actions and words over time will tell you way more than an armful of bangles.
Vanity is a sin no matter how you look at it. Jewelry was introduced to the Egyptians by demons and it is not of God. It was worn by pagans. Whether you choose to play with your eternal life is your business but no one will enter heaven wearing the property of the devil. Do what you want. Look nice for who? The Lord does not think it looks nice.

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 1 Peter 3:3

It does not say what your intent is for wearing them . It says " Trying to look beautiful should not come from wearing jewelry"! That is cut and dry, and personally wearing jewelry for a bunch of people who cannot save you from hell has no bearing compared to not wearing it for the One who can. I mean what if you are wrong? Will it have been worth it to " look nice"? Guess we won't know until the end. Wearing it shows disobedience because we know The Lord does not like it. You are free to do what you want. That is your choice.

Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Angel behavior (human behavior as well) is like a bell shape normal distribution in terms of statistics and probabilities. Which says if it's not Satan then it will be someone else. This is the behavior of what freewill is. If Satan is destroyed before hand, there will be a Satan02. If satan02 is killed there will be a satan03...etc to fill up that place. This is resulted by the behavior of freewill itself.

In the end, in a place where God is absent, the most powerful and the most evil will rule, whether it's Satan or someone else.

View attachment 293855
So what? What is your point? Someone will rule hell in his absence but hell will exist for there is a chain of command there. Either way whether it is ran by one demon or 1000 I do not want to go there because once we are there we cannot escape regardless of who runs it.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
To put this in to better context, Jesus told this to his disciples before He sent them on their mission to spread the Gospel. He knew they were going to be persecuted. I think all but one was either crucified or died violent deaths. It was said that one was even sawed in half.
So you think Jesus was talking about the world or just those people that persecuted them?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if I were going to go along with the basis of, "If you know about me, you go to heaven; If not, then you go to hell. It would raise a lot more questions for me.

For example why did He even use the word condemned? Why not be blunt and just say whoever does not believe will go straight to Hell?

Why does the Bible say that we would be judged according to our works? Why didn't it just say that we would be judged on whether or not we knew Jesus?

Why did Jesus make it a point to surround Himself with mostly sinners? If it was just all about knowing who He was in order to get to Heaven shouldn't He have surrounded Himself with everyone whether good or bad?
Well He did, didn't he? I mean everyone that was born was a sinner, no? He was not around one person who never sinned! The Bible and The Word of God is a double edged sword, therefore it says one thing then it says another. For instance you quoted that we would be judged by our work

He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 1 Timothy 2:9

Upvote 0

FameBright

Jan 20, 2021
Biloxi
✟22,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I'll just get out of this conversation, because it going somewhere else.

Nevertheless, I'm glad you posted it. The passage you provided made me realize some of the stuff about Churches that I've been struggling with - not related to this conversation though.

Upvote 0

FameBright

Jan 20, 2021
Biloxi
✟22,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 1 Timothy 2:9

You may have to elaborate a little. 1 Timothy 2:9 seems to talk about the way women should dress. I've seen some of the discussions about it but not sure how it ties in with the Grace of God.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You may have to elaborate a little. 1 Timothy 2:9 seems to talk about the way women should dress. I've seen some of the discussions about it but not sure how it ties in with the Grace of God.
I apologize.. 2 Timothy 1:9 I got it backwards

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Vanity is a sin no matter how you look at it. Jewelry was introduced to the Egyptians by demons and it is not of God. It was worn by pagans. Whether you choose to play with your eternal life is your business but no one will enter heaven wearing the property of the devil. Do what you want. Look nice for who? The Lord does not think it looks nice.

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 1 Peter 3:3

It does not say what your intent is for wearing them . It says " Trying to look beautiful should not come from wearing jewelry"! That is cut and dry, and personally wearing jewelry for a bunch of people who cannot save you from hell has no bearing compared to not wearing it for the One who can. I mean what if you are wrong? Will it have been worth it to " look nice"? Guess we won't know until the end. Wearing it shows disobedience because we know The Lord does not like it. You are free to do what you want. That is your choice.

And being saved is not about works, but God's Grace.
Also my post back to you wasn't about vanity, because your original post isn't about vanity but claimed that simply dying your hair would cause a person to go to hell.
What a person does or doesn't do is not want sends them to hell, you are tying hell to a persons own striving. A person doesn't stay out of hell by 'being good' or by avoiding a piece of jewelry.

Many things are done or claimed by pagans, well they don't own any of it, God does. Nothing is the property of the devil, nothing. By assuming it is you are giving it power that it doesn't have. The same way food offered to idols is nothing because idols are nothing.

1 Corinthians 8

4 So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.”

7 But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8 But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

9 Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10 For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol’s temple, won’t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols? 11 So this weak brother or sister, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge.

We don't avoid food offered to idols because it has been offered to an idol but because of making a weaker brother or sister stumble.

Vanity is more than wanting to look nice. Vanity is a heart condition, which is what I was trying to show. You can't see a persons heart only God can. You are assuming things and passing judgment.

If you truly think a Christian who puts on a pair of earnings is going to hell then I don't know what to say to you, but your frame of mind is plain sad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And being saved is not about works, but God's Grace.
Also my post back to you wasn't about vanity, because your original post isn't about vanity but claimed that simply dying your hair would cause a person to go to hell.
What a person does or doesn't do is not want sends them to hell, you are tying hell to a persons own striving. A person doesn't stay out of hell by 'being good' or by avoiding a piece of jewelry.

Many things are done or claimed by pagans, well they don't own any of it, God does. Nothing is the property of the devil, nothing. By assuming it is you are giving it power that it doesn't have. The same way food offered to idols is nothing because idols are nothing.

1 Corinthians 8

4 So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.”

7 But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8 But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

9 Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10 For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol’s temple, won’t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols? 11 So this weak brother or sister, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge.

We don't avoid food offered to idols because it has been offered to an idol but because of making a weaker brother or sister stumble.

Vanity is more than wanting to look nice. Vanity is a heart condition, which is what I was trying to show. You can't see a persons heart only God can. You are assuming things and passing judgment.

If you truly think a Christian who puts on a pair of earnings is going to hell then I don't know what to say to you, but your frame of mind is plain sad.
I am not judging anyone and personally do not mind what you choose to do as it does not affect me. Anything in moderation is fine I'm sure. Do what you want. I am sorry you feel the need to ridicule me when I mean well. God bless you.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not judging anyone and personally do not mind what you choose to do as it does not affect me. Anything in moderation is fine I'm sure. Do what you want. I am sorry you feel the need to ridicule me when I mean well. God bless you.

I was not trying to ridicule you. Sorry if you thought that. I honestly hate to see people trapped in legalism and that is where you appear to be.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was not trying to ridicule you. Sorry if you thought that. I honestly hate to see people trapped in legalism and that is where you appear to be.
If you say my frame of mind is plain sad, yeah that is ridicule when I am passing on behaviors to be avoided backed by scripture. I am not making this up. It is not my frame of mind. All I am saying is that it can be dangerous and we must be careful. My message does not hurt anyone. It strives to do the opposite and I always mean well.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟380,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

This question is asked all of the time on Christian forums and you'll get many different answers; but there is only one Word.

The answer is simple. God is love.

Let's zoom out to before creation, before the foundation of the world.

Matthew 13:35 KJV That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Matthew 25:34 KJV Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Luke 11:50 KJV That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation.

John 17:24 KJV Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 1:4 KJV According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love

Hebrews 4:3 KJV For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Hebrews 9:26 KJV For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

1 Peter 1:20 KJV Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you.

Revelation 13:8 KJV And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 17:8 KJV The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.​

I included all verses that contain the words "foundation" and "world", to prove a point.

God had a plan before creation.
  • We were all loved before creation.
  • The Son of God knew He had to come in the flesh and be a sacrifice for us. Not only this, but the blood of the prophets was planned to be shed before the foundation of the world, as a requirement for God's plan.
  • Secrets were sealed up until the appropriate times in earth history (Daniel, Revelation, et al).
  • God knew many would be lost, before they were even created, but He created them anyway.
  • We were chosen to be in Him from the foundation of the world, but whether we do or not is our choice.
God didn't make a mistake, He planned it out from the very beginning. The complexity of such a plan shows incredible forethought and design.

Why would God allow us to suffer through sin rather than eliminating it? Again, let's take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

This is about all of God's creation. Not just Lucifer, not just a third of the angels of heaven who fell, not just fallen humanity. It's about the totality of God's created beings being witness to the corruption that disobedience against His plan for His creation causes. Sinless created beings are watching all of this unfold. If God was unjust, all of the angels would've rebelled, but two thirds of them stayed on God's side and stood behind Him. All of the unfallen creation of God are witness to why sin cannot be allowed to exist anymore. The full consequences are on display in earth's six thousand year history.

God knew that the only way was for us to learn from our mistakes and see the full effects of sin. A child who is coddled will become spoiled.

All of creation is given free will to choose. God works through our failings to restore us to our rightful place. He chose the long way around, to give us a way out, even sent His own Son to die so that we might be saved. Everything He does is just, right and true and reflects His character, His love for His creation.

God could've just as easily decided not to create us in the first place, but if it hadn't been us it would've been another of God's creation. One had to fall to show the universe the true consequences of disobedience.

God's intricate plan shows His love for us and the lengths He's willing to go to save us.

God uses trials to bring forth His character in us. Righteousness, holiness, truth, love. Suffering and death are the result of the ripple effect of sin. Like pebbles dropped in a pond, each sin can have far-reaching consequences—which is the point, the lesson, why we shouldn't sin.

Now let's address "legalism".

Many Christians are quick to dismiss the righteous and holy life we are called to. We're "okay" as long as we believe. God is calling us to a high standard for a reason, because we are to go live with Him. That's a huge gap to bridge. God is trying to shape our character in preparation for our heavenly reward. His character.

Some Christians love to tout God's grace, the free gift of salvation, while living how they want to live. Not coming to the realization that God's grace is given, but can also be taken away. Jesus makes this clear.

Matthew 7:23 KJV And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Revelation 3:15-16 KJV I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

John 14:15,21 KJV If ye love me, keep my commandments ... He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Revelation 14:12 KJV Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14-15 KJV Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Jesus makes it clear, in no uncertain terms, that legalism is expected. I don't understand how obedience can be dismissed under the blanket of grace when even Paul says it's not how grace works.

Romans 6:1-2 KJV What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Dead to sin means not being condemned by the law because you are obeying the law, out of love for Him; it's not a burden but a desire to do God's will.

Believing is justification. Obeying is sanctification (sinlessness, holiness, righteousness imbued). The law shows the difference in our hearts, in our character. If we're professing to believe in God, but we're not manifesting His will in our lives, we are taking the Lord's name in vain; having a form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof.

If we are to walk as He walked (1 John 2:6), to be perfect like our Father in heaven (Matthew 5:48), then there is only one way to do that—obedience.

Worship is going to be a key issue when the mark of the beast is brought forward. On the surface, worship seems simple enough, but when you take into consideration the lengths to which God has gone to impress upon us the importance of obedience, we can see that it's way deeper than just going to church and professing to be a Christian.

Have you ever noticed that Christians obsess over what the mark of the beast is, but never stop to consider what the Seal of God is? If the key issue is worship, what is the Seal?

Name, Title, Territory.
God, Creator, Heaven and Earth.

Revelation 14:6-7 KJV And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.​

The Seal of God is in the creation account, in the Ten Commandments given on Mt. Sinai, in the Exodus, in Revelation (Genesis 2:1-3, Exodus 20:8-11, Exodus 31:13, Revelation 14:6-11).

God is sending clear messages to His people, through His word. It's up to us to listen and obey.

Last edited:
Upvote 0