If God is all knowing, why did He create ....

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I would think again before taking advice from Ecclesiastes.

Did King Solomon die in a state of broken fellowship with God?
"The book of Ecclesiastes was written by Solomon. It was written near the end of his life and describes his search for meaning in life. "

It's merely Solomon's thoughts about life.
I said the same (your quote) to one devout Christian, but was told that Solomon was not a perfect Christian.

Hope that helps, God Bless.

Well you need to ignore the word of that so-called devout Christain, it is throwing doubt on God's word. Despite the fact Solomon moved away from God in his later life, God told Solomon that he would give him wisdom beyond any man. It is God's wisdom that is recorded in those books.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
of course it is! the devil IS The Father of LIES and the DECEIVER, and ACCUSER of Christians. DON'T let him trick you into believing that he is a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]-cat!

"Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to destroy." ( 1 Peter 5:8)

What?

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wow, this is SO very WRONG! almost 100% of things done by and approved off by the world, are from the devil himself. Movies, school education, music, clubs, TV, etc, etc, mainly pure filth

It is true that the devil, uses the world for his own ends, it does not mean ALL TV, movies, computer games etc are evil. The strong stance that people like you take, keeps people out of the church. It creates an unrealistic standard, that many people can not reach. It is a standard that God never intended his people to make.

Now let's take a point and stress it. Computer Games. Is it wrong to play a board game? May be chess? The answer should be no. Now what if I play chess on a computer, is it now wrong? Of course not. Computer games are just complex board games.

However that said, Computer Games can influence, someone who plays a lot of war games, may think it would be fun to be a soldier, as an example. However I know kids who are not allowed to play computer games, not allowed to watch TV, and still think it would be fun to be a soldier, because of playing armies as a kid.

• Agree
Reactions: Cis.jd
Upvote 0

Daniel of Sweden

Site Supporter
Feb 1, 2019
Göteborg
✟70,696.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well you need to ignore the word of that so-called devout Christain, it is throwing doubt on God's word. Despite the fact Solomon moved away from God in his later life, God told Solomon that he would give him wisdom beyond any man. It is God's wisdom that is recorded in those books.

Thank you for the advice, I don't want to argue, but I do think I would heed a person's, who seem to set Jesus first, advice. The Bible is meant to be read with the Holy Spirit as a guide, and perhaps should not always be taken with face value. I am born again (I think I can safely say that by now), and so believe the Holy Spirit gives me hints. I do not believe you can be over-righteous. I would like to be righteous like God, but I don't think I'm nearly worthy to say or aspire to such things. But I will do my best.

God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Lucifer who would eventually trick billions of people to go to hell? Lucifer tricks humans through any activity that does not glorify God, through vanity,( if you wear makeup, false nails or jewelry you are going to hell unless you repent and stop), video games, cartoons, secular music, movies, profanity, etc. In fact, all the things in our culture the devil has tricked us into thinking they are no big deal- will land us in hell unless we repent. Taking birth control, smoking, using hair dye, wearing tight clothing, are all displeasing to God. So why would God create and allow this creature to wreck havoc on mankind if He loves us? I have posted a video below..
Creating a being with free will is always a risk. God did not create Satan evil. Satan became that all by himself. God's answer was to create Adam and Eve. They were supposed to deal with Satan. Satan outsmarted Adam and Eve and they were defiled with his foul nature.

God resolved the matter in the costliest possible way. If it was my call, I would have destroyed everything and everyone and started again. Instead, God poured out His Holy wrath on His own, innocent Son so that man can live if he so chooses. Your concept of God is flawed. Wearing makeup is not sin. God is forgiving, merciful, gracious and generous. I used to watch movies that I won't watch now. They are not edifying. "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is one example. As I mature in Christ, many things just do not interest me any more. Wearing jewellery is not going to send you to hell. See Ezekiel 16 for a reference.

There are hard hearted people who dress impeccably and obey every external command. God judges the heart, not the outward appearance. I dislike tattoos but again, they are outward. A self righteous cleanskin is far less acceptable to God than a humble and loving person with a tattoo.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the advice, I don't want to argue, but I do think I would heed a person's, who seem to set Jesus first, advice. The Bible is meant to be read with the Holy Spirit as a guide, and perhaps should not always be taken with face value. I am born again (I think I can safely say that by now), and so believe the Holy Spirit gives me hints. I do not believe you can be over-righteous. I would like to be righteous like God, but I don't think I'm nearly worthy to say or aspire to such things.

God Bless.

It is good to be righteous, that is not what Solomon is addressing. He is addressing the very point of this tread, being so "overly righteous", that a person fears any entertainments or worldly activities. Now a sold-out believer may choose to live without entertainments, so they can spend more time with God. However the average Christian will not be that dedicated, and this is what Solomon refers to. Let's look at the scripture, God's word, not man's word.

Ecc 7:16 Be not righteous overmuch; neither make thyself overwise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself?

Now let me examplain it.

Be not so focused on being righteous, and so focused on being wise, that you actually destroy your life.

Be not so strict on yourself, that you can not partake in any worldy activity, why bring destruction to your soul.

It is basically a scripture given to the Christian who desires to partake in things like TV, movies, etc, but fear they are being sinful. In their soul they long for the activity, God tells them don't be so righteous that you destroy your soul, inner life.

It goes on to say take the middle road. We are still to be wise with what we watch, use, in this world, but we are not to live in fear of offending God.

That said, it is good to be focused on righteousness, but we should not push our brand of righteousness on other people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you for the advice, I don't want to argue, but I do think I would heed a person's, who seem to set Jesus first, advice. The Bible is meant to be read with the Holy Spirit as a guide, and perhaps should not always be taken with face value. I am born again (I think I can safely say that by now), and so believe the Holy Spirit gives me hints. I do not believe you can be over-righteous. I would like to be righteous like God, but I don't think I'm nearly worthy to say or aspire to such things. But I will do my best.

God Bless.
Please be assured that you are righteous in God's sight. (2 Corinthians 5:21). Christians need to quit trying to be what God has already made us to be. You died and your life is hidden in Christ with God. (Colossians 3:3). So where do you come into the equation? Answer, you do not. You've been crossed out. Then God raised you together with Christ so that you are a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17). If you get that settled in your heart, your life will be transformed.

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do but i'm calling you out on your previous statement, which i see you just ignored.

the Old Testament that is used by the Jews, as known in the 1st century A.D., by the Jewish historian Josephus, and the Philo of Alexandria, did NOT contain ANY of the books of the Apocrypha, which are the extra OT books in the Roman Catholic bible, as well as others. Neither were these books accepted as part of the original Greek Old Testament, the Septuigent. Nor were they part of the orginal Latin Vulgate of Jerome. They are later additions.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
the Old Testament that is used by the Jews, as known in the 1st century A.D., by the Jewish historian Josephus, and the Philo of Alexandria, did NOT contain ANY of the books of the Apocrypha, which are the extra OT books in the Roman Catholic bible, as well as others. Neither were these books accepted as part of the original Greek Old Testament, the Septuigent. Nor were they part of the orginal Latin Vulgate of Jerome. They are later additions.

But what about the NT, Matt-Rev and why do you believe that the canon in the NT 27 when there is nothing in scripture telling you such?

Also, please do better research. The OT isn't the only religious book for Jews (ex: the Talmud). The Deuterocanon books are also believed in - A major Jewish holiday: Hannukah is from the Maccabees and all those books where part of Septuagint. The reason why they where removed is because Luther did not like that they supported Catholic teachings, which is also the same reason why he wanted to remove Hebrews, James, Jude, and Revelations from the Bible.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
of course it is! the devil IS The Father of LIES and the DECEIVER, and ACCUSER of Christians. DON'T let him trick you into believing that he is a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]-cat!

"Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to destroy." ( 1 Peter 5:8)
So true. Great answer

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
you mean like the Book of Enoch? Do you think that book is Holy as well? It was a Dead Sea Scroll wasn't it? They should have not been selective about the books and just translated what was found as it is and let us have it. All of it so there wouldn't be so many unanswered questions. Like what are Nephilim, and where are they now? How are they coming back?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Job 38:1-11 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind and said:

Job 38:2 “Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Dress for action like a man;
I will question you, and you make it known to me.

Job 38:4 “Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell me, if you have understanding.
5 Who determined its measurements—surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
6 On what were its bases sunk,
or who laid its cornerstone,
7 when the morning stars sang together
and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Job 38:8 “Or who shut in the sea with doors
when it burst out from the womb,
9 when I made clouds its garment
and thick darkness its swaddling band,
10 and prescribed limits for it
and set bars and doors,
11 and said, ‘Thus far shall you come, and no farther,
and here shall your proud waves be stayed’?

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Please be assured that you are righteous in God's sight. (2 Corinthians 5:21). Christians need to quit trying to be what God has already made us to be. You died and your life is hidden in Christ with God. (Colossians 3:3). So where do you come into the equation? Answer, you do not. You've been crossed out. Then God raised you together with Christ so that you are a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17). If you get that settled in your heart, your life will be transformed.
True but none of us are worthy to sit at the table with Our Lord. Does God know what we think about? I mean do you think He knows when we are sending Him love and thinking of Him?

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Job 38:1-11 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind and said:

Job 38:2 “Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Dress for action like a man;
I will question you, and you make it known to me.

Job 38:4 “Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell me, if you have understanding.
5 Who determined its measurements—surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
6 On what were its bases sunk,
or who laid its cornerstone,
7 when the morning stars sang together
and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Job 38:8 “Or who shut in the sea with doors
when it burst out from the womb,
9 when I made clouds its garment
and thick darkness its swaddling band,
10 and prescribed limits for it
and set bars and doors,
11 and said, ‘Thus far shall you come, and no farther,
and here shall your proud waves be stayed’?
Thank you! Great quotes.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
True but none of us are worthy to sit at the table with Our Lord. Does God know what we think about? I mean do you think He knows when we are sending Him love and thinking of Him?
God knows our hearts and hears every word we say. He's not interested in our thoughts. Who said that we have to be worthy? God invites me to His table (psalm 23) because of who Jesus is, not because of who I am. His blood has opened the way to the Throne of mercy and grace and Lord Jesus is my righteousness.

Matthew 22
8Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited were not worthy. 9Go therefore to the crossroads and invite to the banquet as many as you can find. 10So the servants went out into the streets and gathered everyone they could find, both evil and good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.…

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But what about the NT, Matt-Rev and why do you believe that the canon in the NT 27 when there is nothing in scripture telling you such?

Also, please do better research. The OT isn't the only religious book for Jews (ex: the Talmud). The Deuterocanon books are also believed in - A major Jewish holiday: Hannukah is from the Maccabees and all those books where part of Septuagint. The reason why they where removed is because Luther did not like that they supported Catholic teachings, which is also the same reason why he wanted to remove Hebrews, James, Jude, and Revelations from the Bible.

the Jews never, not even today, believe that ANY book other then the OT, is Inspired by God, so your argument is moot here. As for the NT 27, I believe that your own Bible has the same Books, so are you saying that the Catholic bible has it wrong?

Upvote 0