If God incinerates people in the end, should we do it too?

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The bible in many places teaches us to do as God does.

In the end of the matter, God places all of those who rebel against Him in the lake of fire.

So is it okay to imitate this range of God's behavior?

Why/Why not?

• Haha
Reactions: martymonster

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There are presently people on the internet totally thinking this line of thinking is correct. If you have a reason that they shouldn't act according to this logic, kindly speak up. This thread is for teaching purposes.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James 1:20
for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.

Romans 12:19
Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Before you do that, consider Romans 12:19,
"Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written,
'Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,' says the Lord."​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Punishment/justice is something we are not called to imitate God in. Paul writes in Romans 12:

"Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink." In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

And Jesus said in Mt 5:
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles."

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

In the end of the matter, God places all of those who rebel against Him in the lake of fire.

Why/Why not?

God is the ultimate judge. Not us. Binding someone's hands and throwing them into the backseat of a car and carrying them away against their will is a crime. Unless you're a police officer.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are presently people on the internet totally thinking this line of thinking is correct. If you have a reason that they shouldn't act according to this logic, kindly speak up. This thread is for teaching purposes.
Before you do that, consider Romans 12:19,
"Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written,
'Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,' says the Lord."​
The legal system, generally, is not bound to the limitations given above.

"For [basic government] is God’s minister to you for good.
But if you do evil, be afraid;
for he does not bear the sword in vain;
for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."​
Romans 13:4 NKJV​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Why/Why not?

Well, you would think so, wouldn't you? After all, don't all our standards of what is right and good come from the supreme law giver... unless, the lake of fire is actually symbolic?

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Would that line up with what Christ said?

Joh 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
Joh 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced

Why/Why not?

I need to be precise on my meaning of what I've written below, as usual people will a sentence and eliminate the rest to prove their point.

Nowhere in the Bible does God say or teach to do what he does (*I ADD*) by executing the type of judgment that he does __ vengeance is mine says the Lord __ thou shalt not kill __ love thy neighbor . SCRIPTURES USED TELLING US TO BE LIKE HIM IS SPEAKING OF LOVE RESPECT HONOR AND SUCH NOT MURDER AND KILLING AND ANY TRUE CHRISTIAN WOULD KNOW THIS.
In the old testament in The books of Exodus, Deuteronomy, Leviticus, and Number he gave the laws in which the Hebrews were to live by - not laws that he exist by.
In the New testament he summed it all up to love him and one another. When you love there will be no abuse in any shape, form, or fashion.
As it is written he will have mercy on whom he choose, vengeance belongs to him, judgment is upon the inhabitants of this world. And if judgment is upon us doesn't that means we're under trial each and every day of our lives and at the end of days, when judgment is here, depending on what we have done is the type of judgment we will face.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Why/Why not?
Hello Michael, life on this side of the grave was made to give sinners the opportunity to be forgiven of their sins and be saved. People repent on their death beds, so the (obvious) answer to your question is "no, of course not".

BTW, Hell is eternal. IOW, the people/demons who end up there in the age to come (in the Lake of Fire, that is) will live on/will not be "incinerated".

God bless you!

--David

Spurgeon - If Sinners - No One Unwarned-Unprayed for..jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
God is the ultimate judge. Not us. Binding someone's hands and throwing them into the backseat of a car and carrying them away against their will is a crime. Unless you're a police officer.

The legal system, generally, is not bound to the limitations given above.

"For [basic government] is God’s minister to you for good.
But if you do evil, be afraid;
for he does not bear the sword in vain;
for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."​
Romans 13:4 NKJV​
So this is saying, it is the job of government and law enforcement to carry out punishment. This is important to note, since many people read the bible and do not consider this.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Nowhere in the Bible does God say or teach to do what he does.
1 Peter 1:16
Romans 2:1-4
Matthew 4:44-45 and context for more examples

This is a sample of the bible teaching to do things a certain way, because this is the way God acts. The bible most certainly does teach that.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hello Michael, life on this side of the grave was made to give sinners the opportunity to be forgiven of their sins and be saved. People repent on their death beds, so the (obvious) answer to your question is "no, of course not".

BTW, Hell is eternal. IOW, the people/demons who end up there in the age to come (in the Lake of Fire, that is) will live on/will not be "incinerated".

God bless you!

--David

Yeah, setting someone on fire and keeping them alive would be tricky to imitate.

But bad joke aside, good response, thanks for that.

• Friendly
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Why/Why not?

No... absolutely not! Why not? Because we are to follow God's law's for us and not to play God and God said something to the affect that we aren't allowed to murder people.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well, you would think so, wouldn't you? After all, don't all our standards of what is right and good come from the supreme law giver... unless, the lake of fire is actually symbolic?

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Would that line up with what Christ said?

Joh 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
Joh 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Whether it's symbolic or not is kind of difficult to discuss, since the symbolic to us, can be literal reality in God's throne room. The world to come will be the same as God's throne room, which is why we pray "may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No... absolutely not! Why not? Because we are to follow God's law's for us and not to play God and God said something to the affect that we aren't allowed to murder people.
A very good point, thank you.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It is one trait of basic government.
Post colonialism, not always. There tend to be many rules on the book for many countries. However, the ones that actually get enforced are the ones people pay attention to.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Post colonialism, not always. There tend to be many rules on the book for many countries. However, the ones that actually get enforced are the ones people pay attention to.
"Blue" laws would be semantics and they were typically misdemeanors, not felonies/capital crimes.

Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whether it's symbolic or not is kind of difficult to discuss, since the symbolic to us, can be literal reality in God's throne room. The world to come will be the same as God's throne room, which is why we pray "may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Tell me, how deep could they be, if you can just pick them up of the ground?

Upvote 0