If evolution is true...

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
So there's no proof that having a job skill and income before marriage is a good thing? This is one of the teachings of the church, found in the Proverbs.
One of the other teachings is found in Leviticus, wherein it is laid out from whom you can buy slaves.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
There's no magic wand. Man cannot live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. All scripture is "God-breathed." This word, "theopneustos," is found once in the entire Bible. "Every word" is the key. When it is taken to heart, the Bible becomes a finely-woven, seamless garment, like the one Christ wore to Calvary. The creation account is part of the garment, linked to the whole. God, if He is truly all-powerful, could have created the heavens and the earth as we see them today: Yesterday. Fossil record and all. Just as easily as He could have done it from the big bang billions of years ago. But He says He did it in six days. I believe Him. Because I have been blessed so much by taking the rest of the Bible literally, unless I find compelling evidence within Scripture to do otherwise. Devils do miracles, so I cannot trust in my senses, merely.
Then that's what you should do. Just remember that literally billions of Christians feel otherwise about it and they are just as committed to the Scriptures as divine revelation as you are.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
And why is the number (billions) important?
Because it has been stated categorically in this forum (and recently at that) that such Christians don't exist. They do exist, and in significant numbers, not just a few who have been led away from the truth of literal inerrancy by evil atheist evolutionists.

Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Sorry. I didn't know that strength in numbers was a determining factor in truth. My mistake. In that case, you probably can rest easy, since it is the liberty of the minority that is generally in peril.
LOL!

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I thought we were having a serious conversation. It's all so confusing.
It's impossible to have a serous discussion about creationism.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One of the other teachings is found in Leviticus, wherein it is laid out from whom you can buy slaves.

That's part of the history of ancient Israel, not a teaching of the NC church.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Lots of topics fall into that category.
When people believe God, what's to discuss ? (HIS WORD of course!) (and what HE DOES DAILY amongst us/ for us) They/we already please God by their/our faith, and trust Him and His Word, and reject anything contrary to His Word or divisive ....

Just can't silence anyone on this forum, except in certain areas designated.
Thus, instead of pure gentle wisdom in CHrist and peace, and edification ,
debate.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When people believe God, what's to discuss ? (HIS WORD of course!) (and what HE DOES DAILY amongst us/ for us) They/we already please God by their/our faith, and trust Him and His Word, and reject anything contrary to His Word or divisive ....

Just can't silence anyone on this forum, except in certain areas designated.
Thus, instead of pure gentle wisdom in CHrist and peace, and edification ,
debate.

Debate and disagreement do make the forums more interesting. :shutup: Who wants to sing Kumbaya all the time. :love2:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟453,917.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very often the claim is made explicitly. It is the Big Lie of creationism, first perpetrated by Henry Morris, the father of modern creationism:

"The purpose of the Theory of Evolution is to deny the existence of God."

I don't like labels too much.
But 'creationism' is believing God created mankind, it should be old as the bible.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟453,917.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not looking for an empirical explanation, I'm not looking to be convinced, I want to know why you are convinced. King's X. I may ask you questions, but there will be no condemnation. Right now it's just a puzzle to me, like talking to someone with a profound and unshakable belief in Santa Claus even though he never gets any presents.

Christians gets presents juicy nice presents from God...
I we were to believe just because the bible says so all our life, without any experience from God whom is alive, that would be horrible.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I thought we were having a serious conversation. It's all so confusing.
There are serious conversations, until of course, creationists start getting the better of evolutionists… then some of the evolutionists ‘scramble’ everything to the point no one understands anything about the thread, and then fade away declaring a win.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
There are serious conversations, until of course, creationists start getting the better of evolutionists…

Get the better how exactly? Because I don't think I've ever actually seen this happen here.

then some of the evolutionists ‘scramble’ everything to the point no one understands anything about the thread, and then fade away declaring a win.

This sounds entirely like projection on your part.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SLP
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are serious conversations, until of course, creationists start getting the better of evolutionists… then some of the evolutionists ‘scramble’ everything to the point no one understands anything about the thread, and then fade away declaring a win.

if by better you mean repeating the same lies till we get bored of repeating ourselves then you need a new definition. There is nothing creationists are better at other then lying and annoying people with said lies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟925,893.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Being snide and willfully ignorant till someone gets sick of your bad-faith arguments isn't getting the better of someone.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟925,893.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Staff Edit
I was responding in general to Inquiring Mind's characterisation of interactions in general with the debate.

I didn't intend to particularly comment on the current thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0