• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

If big-bang happened, why aren`t everything scorched?

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by frankalexanderberg1985, Jan 6, 2020.

1. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+4,668
    Atheist
    That's not quite right - the quark-gluon plasma that formed after about a millionth of a second was very much a fluid - it behaved as a nearly frictionless liquid.

Also, the singularity is just the point where general relativity breaks down, it just means we can't say what there was or what was happening at that point, and a measure of size is only relevant with respect to our observable universe, which is a small part of the whole (the default assumption is that the universe is spatially infinite, and was at the big bang). It was not an expansion of a point in space, but an expansion of all space, which may have been infinitely large. Singularities are points in time, not points in space.

2. Theophilus2019

Theophilus2019 Member

+88
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    We are indeed scorched, constantly blasted with the cosmic microwave background radiation left over from the Big Bang. But things cooled down long ago and by now the microwave background is only strong enough to heat us up by a minute fraction of a degree Kelvin.

3. Michael

Michael Contributor Supporter

+1,160
    Christian
    Were it not for our planetary magnetosphere and atmosphere, we'd also be scorched by cosmic rays, gamma rays, and solar wind.

4. frankalexanderberg1985

frankalexanderberg1985 Member

+35
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    thanks^^

5. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+1,258
    Christian
    Private
    my version of the infinite universe is a question of wether the big bang was the start of our universe, or something more akin to a ripple in a pond, a drop of water hitting a pond, all you would see would be the ripple spreading out, but what if tehre is more universe behind that.

6. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,426
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Gotta ask what the evidence is? We have evidence for a big bang. Before that I don't think we have real evidence.

7. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+1,258
    Christian
    Private
    well it's not a evidence argument, just one hypothesis about the nature of it all heh. though I've heard thats one of the theories that scientists have wondered about.

8. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,426
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Lotsa theories.

9. frankalexanderberg1985

+35
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    I like your theory, the big bang-theory has flaws I think, ripples in water :)

10. Shemjaza

Shemjaza Regular Member Supporter

+1,939
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    AU-Greens
    I'm curious what you think the flaws are?

11. PencilStick

PencilStick New Member

+1
    Singapore
    Skeptic
    Private
    The Big-Bang wasn't an explosion. It was an expansion of space-time. Then, came stellar nucleosynthesis where every element of the periodic table was made in a star.

Stellar nucleosynthesis - Wikipedia

12. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+2,693
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    When people say there are no stupid questions they are wrong.

13. pleinmont

pleinmont Active Member

+210
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Married
    The Big band theory might not be perfect, but it makes a lot more sense than the Biblical creation myth.

14. frankalexanderberg1985

+35
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    well, firstly, energy itself has the ability to perform action and give off heat without an start since everything is here already obvisoly, so I kinda doubt a little that it all started with an explosion, I think energy spinned around and around and finally due to sentrifual power it spread into empty and infinite Space, then when energy itself cooled it turned into different matter we see today since all matter is just enegy

15. Larnievc

+2,693
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Is that what you think?

16. frankalexanderberg1985

+35
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    makes more sense to me perhaps :p

17. Larnievc

+2,693
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    You think that based on what? It sounds like a hodgepodge of ideas you pulled out of thin air.

Have you read around the subject?

18. frankalexanderberg1985

+35
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    no, it goes deeper because everything spins, all planets spins, if there really was an explosion, everything wouldn`t spin, it would just go into space in a straight line

19. Larnievc

+2,693
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    It was not an explosion. It was an expansion at every point.

Again, how much academic literature have you read on this subject?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. frankalexanderberg1985

+35
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    but, you can`t really explain why somethign spins to the right or to the left still, even if planets gets hit with things and start spinning, there must have been a start all the way to the beginning with ether spinning to the right or to the left