If a vampire bites a zombie ...

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thoughts.
If a zombie eats your brain - you have no thoughts.

Is that why Rod Argent's organ solos made no sense?

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Don't you die on being bitten by a Vampire and come back as an Undead Vampire?
If I remember my Zombie movie lore, if bitten by a zombie and you die, you become a zombie.
Does a Zombie biting a corpse create a Zombie though? I don't know. I don't think the rule would differ here between Zombies and Vampires as the rule on biting the living is similar.

So Vampires and Zombies are the same thing. Let's throw Mummies in there for good measure also, except non-contagious.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
6c8e961671aa7da73153b4cdbf39deb8.jpg

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
... what happens?

I think nothing, since the zombie is already dead. But if a zombie bites a vampire, it becomes a zombie as well as a vampire. So vampies are not real, zompires are.

Thoughts.
If you give a vampire some zombie, he’ll want some milk to go with it.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What makes matters more complicated is that modern zombies are basically classical vampires and classical zombies are voodoo slaves.

So I guess the question is whether a voodoo master can control an actually undead being.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Volante Nocturno

Feb 6, 2018
Wy
✟1,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
... what happens?

I think nothing, since the zombie is already dead. But if a zombie bites a vampire, it becomes a zombie as well as a vampire. So vampies are not real, zompires are.

Thoughts.
We'd wind up with a Zompire?

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,845.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
My old DM used to rule that vampirism was an acquired characteristic that could be added to any humaniod creature - alive or undead. For that matter, he also ruled that vampirism could be applied to any living or undead quadruped, leading to that unfortunate incident with the vampire cow...

For zombies, the ruling was that they could turn any living humanoid, but didn't affect other undead.

So, if a vampire bits a zombie, then you get a zombie-vampire. For GURPS and D&D 3.5 at least. But, if a zombie bites a vampire, then all you get is a slightly damaged vampire.

What about werecreatures though?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My old DM used to rule that vampirism was an acquired characteristic that could be added to any humaniod creature - alive or undead. For that matter, he also ruled that vampirism could be applied to any living or undead quadruped, leading to that unfortunate incident with the vampire cow...

For zombies, the ruling was that they could turn any living humanoid, but didn't affect other undead.

So, if a vampire bits a zombie, then you get a zombie-vampire. For GURPS and D&D 3.5 at least. But, if a zombie bites a vampire, then all you get is a slightly damaged vampire.

What about werecreatures though?

Well as DM he can do whatever he likes. However, the D&D3.5e RAW states that vampire can be added to any humanoid or monstrous humanoid creature. Any undead creature is of type "undead X", such as "undead humanoid", as such the vampire template cannot be applied, so you cannot inflict a zombie with vampirism. Similarly, Zombie can only be applied to a corporeal creature that isn't undead, so you cannot inflict a vampire with zombism.

On the other hand, lycanthropy can only be added to type humanoid or giant, but it doesn't change the base type. Thus you can inflict a (humanoid) lycanthrope with vampirism or zombism, but you cannot inflict a vampire or zombie with lycanthropy.

Upvote 0