If a tsunami tilted the earth what could a global flood do?

A4C

Secrecy and Christ likeness cannot co-exist
Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
Lucretius said:
It was done on the basis of logical extrapolation. I simply took into account the growth rate of Moutn Everest, did the subtraction, and then filled the world up with water to there. Then I made it all into water vapor and found out what pressure it would make. Then I took the corresponding temperature, which was several thousand degrees.
Hardly very scientific or logical

Upvote 0

Lucretius

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2005
✟5,541.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A4C said:
Hardly very scientific or logical

Actually, it's quite logical. There was no evidence for the flood, I simply took geological changes, dragged them out 6,000 years into the past, and found the height at which water would have to be. I don't choose arbitrary parameters like the ones you want to.

Upvote 0

alerj123

Jun 11, 2005
✟832.00
Faith
Atheist
What did you get out of your google search?

This is the thing. There are different global flood models proposed by different people. What we want you to do, is PICK the one which you like. Do what your telling us to do, search in google, and YOU show us the one you think is right. THEN we can work from there.

Do you understand?

Upvote 0

David Gould

Pearl Harbor sucked. WinAce didn't.
May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
Lucretius said:
Actually, it's quite logical. There was no evidence for the flood, I simply took geological changes, dragged them out 6,000 years into the past, and found the height at which water would have to be. I don't choose arbitrary parameters like the ones you want to.
So where do you suppose this energy to raise the earths temperature "several thousand degrees " was going to come from?

Upvote 0

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

David Gould

Pearl Harbor sucked. WinAce didn't.
May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
A4C said:
Yes I do -The one in Genesis

Which provides no scientific data. As such, it is impossible to test scientifically. Thus, a global flood is not scientific. Thank God you finally admitted it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lucretius

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2005
✟5,541.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A4C said:
So where do you suppose this energy to raise the earths temperature "several thousand degrees " was going to come from?

How do you think a pressure cooker works?

In order for clouds to hold all the water necessary for the flood they would have to be MILES in thickness. The resulting pressure would cause the temperature to raise to thousands of degrees.

Upvote 0

alerj123

Jun 11, 2005
✟832.00
Faith
Atheist
In order for clouds to hold all the water necessary for the flood they would have to be MILES in thickness. The resulting pressure would cause the temperature to raise to thousands of degrees.

no no no you got it all wrong!! don't you see!! the water came from heaven!! havn't you read the bible?? silly silly not clouds, the windows!!
stupid evo's

Upvote 0

funyun

aude sapere...sed praeterea, aude esse
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
✟4,544.00
Faith
Atheist
Lucretius said:

Stop confusing him with the details. By George, if that's what physics says, then obviously physics is wrong.

Upvote 0
Lucretius said:

Added to that is the fact that water condensing out of vapour releases energy. All of that water condensing to from the amount of rain required would have alone released enough energy to cook the earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A4C

Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
Lucretius said:

The vapour canopy covering the earth was not miles thick as you suppose because at least stars could be seen through it.
I think you better do your calculations again this time taking into consideration the distribution of global surface water, soil coverage and vegetation and the amout of energy available and its absorption.

Upvote 0
A4C said:
The vapour canopy covering the earth was not miles thick as you suppose because atleast stares could be seen through it.
I think you better do your calculations again this time taking into consideration the distribution of global surface water, soil coverage and vegetation and the amout of energy available and its absortion.

You... just... do... not... listen. Do you?

Even if the earth were exactly the same as it was today, with ice caps, and deep oceans, it could still not absorb enough of the energy released to prevent it all from boiling. And you postulate a world that is already warmer, with less deep oceans and no ice caps!

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
A4C said:
I think you better do your calculations again this time taking into consideration the distribution of global surface water, soil coverage and vegetation and the amout of energy available and its absortion.
What values does the Genesis model assign? I've looked, but I can't find them. Perhaps you have a different translation?

Upvote 0

alerj123

Jun 11, 2005
✟832.00
Faith
Atheist
The vapour canopy covering the earth was not miles thick as you suppose because atleast stares could be seen through it.

Even if this "vapor canopy" wasn't miles high, the water transforming (technical term??) into rain releases energy. This would be enough to fry the earth.

Upvote 0