Identity Chrisis: Slander

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
With Jews and Gentiles united in Messiah, what that means is that Jews and Gentiles are New Creations. Something entirely new. Spirit filled and of like Spirit all called, equally. And are known as the sons of God. Saints. etc..
Thank God for His spirit being given :)

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

remnant1.gif

''Petros: Tarry here and minister to my circumcised!''
temple-courts.gif

''Paulos: Go to the outer court and bring them in to be circumcised!''
"Ioannou Markos: Thrust out the outer court and measure it not!"
:)

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
temple-courts.gif

This just keeps getting better and better...
Ezekiel 44:5
And the Lord said unto me, Son of man, mark well, and behold with thine eyes, and hear with thine ears all that I say unto thee concerning all the ordinances of the house of the Lord, and all the laws thereof; and mark well the entering in of the house, with every going forth of the sanctuary.
I believe that this illustration is closer to the truth than what has been presented so far... there is so much more to than what the circles within circles can represent...
Ezekiel 44:7 In that ye have brought into my sanctuary strangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to pollute it, even my house, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they have broken my covenant because of all your abominations.
Think about it in the context of this verse.
Revelation 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Reactions: daq
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟112,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This just keeps getting better and better... I believe that this illustration is closer to the truth than what has been presented so far... there is so much more to than what the circles within circles can represent... Think about it in the context of this verse.

Ahah! How did you know that was a rendition of the Ezekiel Temple body of Messiah? You know also the northern and southern gate locations are not specified so indeed it may be correct in the form of the Cross. :)

Ezekiel 43:7-10 KJV
7. And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.
8. In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and the wall between me and them, they have even defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in mine anger.
9. Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcases of their kings, far from me, and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.
10. Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Ahah! How did you know that was a rendition of the Ezekiel Temple body of Messiah? You know also the northern and southern gate locations are not specified so indeed it may be correct in the form of the Cross. :)

7. And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.
8. In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and the wall between me and them, they have even defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in mine anger.
9. Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcases of their kings, far from me, and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.
10. Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.
Because God said His WAY is in the sanctuary...
Psalm 77:13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

Psalm 63:2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟112,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because God said His WAY is in the sanctuary...

Yes, and by the way it is purely a matter of opinion as to whether John is told to "leave out" or to "thrust out" the outer court. However, opinion is relative to understanding which, in the case of Scripture, should include the remainder of Scripture. Therefore, I say, it is "thrust out" the court which is without. Not that the perimeter measurements given in Ezekiel are of no effect, (600x600 cubits including the 50 cubit common-profane-suburbs roundabout) but rather that they are of symbolic meaning.

Revelation 11:2 KJV
2. But the court which is without the temple leave out, [GSN#1544 ekballo] and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Original Strong's Ref. #1544
Romanized ekballo
Pronounced ek-bal'-lo
from GSN1537 and GSN0906; to eject (literally or figuratively):
KJV--bring forth, cast (forth, out), drive (out), expel, leave, pluck (pull, take, thrust) out, put forth (out), send away (forth, out).

Likewise there remains a "circle" yet it now engulfs the whole terrain globe.
In this manner also Jerusalem remains the forever Capitol … :)

Ezekiel 43:10-12 KJV
11. And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.
12. This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟112,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well we are getting further from the topic but I will just say that what you have posted is a rendition of the "Solomon Temple" design, (the Solomon Portico or Solomon's Porch, with the pillars, was an intregal part of both the first and second Temples). The gates are not the same in the Ezekiel Temple which has six gates; inner and outer eastern, inner and outer northern, inner and outer southern, and those gates are what you appear to be calling "little boxes" from my diagram. The Ezekiel Temple has no western gate, (top of my image file). :)

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Well we are getting further from the topic but I will just say that what you have posted is a rendition of the "Solomon Temple" design, (the Solomon Portico or Solomon's Porch, with the pillars, was an intregal part of both the first and second Temples). The gates are not the same in the Ezekiel Temple which has six gates; inner and outer eastern, inner and outer northern, inner and outer southern, and those gates are what you appear to be calling "little boxes" from my diagram. The Ezekiel Temple has no western gate, (top of my image file). :)
Also, none of these are of the original design that God gave Moses... So maybe to keep this from getting further away from the illustration of where the outer court is... let's use this one instead...
tabernaculo-imagenes.jpg

Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic

The throne and the mercy seat are the same spot.. It is where God sits and judges from... from the Most Holy...:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

temple-courts.gif

I think it's interesting to consider that there was never a Court of Gentiles in the original tabernacle. For it was not just Gentiles - but even other everyday Hebrews included. The area known as the “Court of the Gentiles” was open to all, Jews and Gentiles, males or females, people of any class. Both Jews and Gentiles would congregate there - with the only exception being women during their menstrual period. Many activities went on in there, including the selling of sacrificial animals, teaching, bathing for purification, and even the ability to sleep.

For a brief excerpt:
Officially, there was no such thing as the “Court of the Gentiles”. That’s right, nowhere in the ancient literature, be it the Bible, the New Testament, the writing of Josephus or in Talmud does one find such a term. Instead, what one finds is an area called the “Outer Court”, by far the largest section of the Temple complex. Although there’s disagreement between scholars on the exact location of various Temple boundaries, this Outer Court was within the Temple grounds, but wasn’t within the Temple area reserved for Jews, which was surrounded by a very low wall/balustrade (sorek) that was only four feet high (so one could see over it), with large openings guarded by Levites. This court was not just for the Gentiles, however – it was open to anyone. On the other hand, the inner Temple precincts were relatively small and could not contain all the visiting Jews at once (especially during high holy days), so most Jewish worshipers probably ended up in the Outer Court anyway. The sole reason it is known today as the “Court of the Gentiles” was simply because Gentiles could go no farther than this area, while Jews, provided they were ritually pure, could proceed across the balustrade to the next level.
model-of-temple.png
..............The various walls (soreks) that divided the various courts in the Temple were not the so called spiritual “wall of hostility” spoken of by Paul in Ephesians 2:14. Were that the case, one may also claim the High Priest was hostile against his fellow priests and Levites, priests were set against the Israelites, and male Israelites were hostile against Jewish women. Instead, the divisions in the Temple simply signified the different levels of holiness. Israelites could not go into the area where priests worked, and priests could not enter the Holy of Holies, where only the High Priest could enter, but no one was intrinsically better than his or her fellow
Of course, on the same token, the original tabernacle set up in Exodus and later the Temple designed by David/made by Solomon did not seem to have type of Court for Gentiles. Yeshua had a lot of problems with others who'd take what was meant to help others pray - and turn it into a house for profit ( more shared here and here in #61 ).

And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: “‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations‘? But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’” (Mark 11:17)

As said best elsewhere, "Jesus was angry that the holiness of the Temple was being violated by unscrupulousness money dealings, cheating and usury. Worshipers would come to the Temple with “pagan” money (i.e. money with images of pagan gods/emperors) to exchange it for the Temple currency which they could then present as a gift to G-d. And even though the Court of the Gentiles was very large, the Gentiles who came to worship G-d and to get a glimpse of the activities that went on in the Temple would find themselves crowded out by the various shops and tables of sellers peddling various items to visitors."

And the Lord universalized a lot of things later to make clear His heart. Acts 7 comes to mind.

Stephen refutes the final charge, that he has spoken imroperly against the Temple (Acts 6:13-14), by showing that it was the people, not God, who wanted a dwelling place or house more substantial than the Tent of Witness or "Tabernacle" originally authorized in the Torah. The concept of the temple came into more view under the life of David---as seen in 2 Samuel 7:1-3 and 2 Samuel 7 ( 1 Chronicles 22:4-6 and 1 Chronicles 24-26 )- --- when it came to his desire for a physical temple for God. The Lord conceded....and of course, the centralized location of Temple had its benefits---especially as it concerned management. There were many benefits to having a mobile place of God's dwelling....a church that's based on the concept that church is not a building as much as the people/God's prescence within us.

In regards to Acts 7, Stephen seems to make the case that the Temple (as the Jews knew of it) was inferior to the Tabernacle..as seen in the case in Acts 7.

The Temple didn't have as much significance in the NT church with Hebraic Christians as it did with those in mainline Judaism. For we read that they met in homes, sure, but they also had a “third” place they seemed to frequent on a daily basis – the temple courts (Acts 2:46). While they may have been there to engage in actual temple worship on a daily basis ( Acts 3:1), it is more likely they turned the temple courtyard into the equivalent of a first-century "Starbucks" in order to gather as a community (e.g., Acts 5:12)...in honor of what God did in making them His new temple.

For others in the camp have noted, the first dwelling place God designed for Himself was a mobile home (a tabernacle) because He wanted to be on the move with His people. ....and as we see today, whenever we become focused solely on buildings rather than relationship, we end up not being able to do as Jesus did when he went to bring his message to places that others wouldn't go because they wouldn't go but to the Temple in Jerusalem. ...and the same mess also occurred with the Jews who had the OUTER symbolism of the Temple and yet they didn't have God's prescence..

John 4:19-26
19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

2 Corinthians 6:16
What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”

1 Corinthians 6:18-20
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?

Ephesians 2:21

In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0