Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suggest that anyone interested should read the article because I only posted one side of the issue. I'm fully supportive of this law that bans transgender women and girls from competing in women and girl's sports in all statewide public schools including colleges.

The sports ban applies to all sports teams sponsored by public schools, colleges and universities. A girls’ or women’s team will not be open to transgender students who identify as female.

Backers said the law was needed because transgender female athletes have physical advantages.
Republican Rep. Barbara Ehardt, who sponsored the sports ban, has consistently argued that allowing the practice would negate Title IX, the 1972 law barring sex discrimination in education and is credited with opening up athletic competition for girls and women.

Idaho governor signs into law anti-transgender legislation

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As a thought experiment:

What about transgender students who identify as male? Which team do they play on? If they play on the men's team, then the law is inconsistent and discriminatory. If they play on the women's team, then they may have physical advantages if they've started hormone therapy.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I suggest that anyone interested should read the article because I only posted one side of the issue. I'm fully supportive of this law that bans transgender women and girls from competing in women and girl's sports in all statewide public schools including colleges.

The sports ban applies to all sports teams sponsored by public schools, colleges and universities. A girls’ or women’s team will not be open to transgender students who identify as female.

Backers said the law was needed because transgender female athletes have physical advantages.
Republican Rep. Barbara Ehardt, who sponsored the sports ban, has consistently argued that allowing the practice would negate Title IX, the 1972 law barring sex discrimination in education and is credited with opening up athletic competition for girls and women.

I am glad somebody understands.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Well, that ain't rocket science.
Also seems to be supported in the Bible?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As a thought experiment:

What about transgender students who identify as male? Which team do they play on? If they play on the men's team, then the law is inconsistent and discriminatory. If they play on the women's team, then they may have physical advantages if they've started hormone therapy.
Good question. Hmm...

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,907.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
As a thought experiment:

Simple answer is that they would likely fall foul of doping rules.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As a thought experiment:

I think that doing hormones that enhance body structure and strength would be the same idea as doing steroids with the same outcome which isn't allowed.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that doing hormones that enhance body structure and strength would be the same idea as doing steroids with the same outcome which isn't allowed.
Only if they're competing as women. The way testing works is related to levels of hormones in the body, not just the presence. Men all have testosterone, so if a FtM transgender individual was competing as a man and taking testosterone, they would be fine so long as their testosterone levels were within the normal range for a man of the same age. Steroids wouldn't be okay, obviously.

And the same should be true of MtF transgender - so long as their hormones fall within the normal range for a woman of the same age, they should be allowed to compete as a woman.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
As a thought experiment:

If we had a Moral Society, we would not have either one of these questions as issues for anyone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Given that one of the plaintiffs is from my school & one of the TG was from alma mater, I 'd say i have seen too many lawmakers try to do too much social engineering in order to curry favor. Our student-athlete did the research herself & they should win at least at the SCOTUS level because Title IX addresses sex, not gender. This issue has caused such an uproar in our state. We saw a 20 yr streak of records wrecked because one day someone, who understandly has a mental disability, decided to compete in 1 division 1 season & then changed by spring. It is grossly unfair. Coaches are against it because they see all the big organizations fear taking this on because they don't want to be called racist. A bigger stink may yet be made when the tall male basketball player who is perhaps a bit clumsy does not make the boys team but goes to the girls team & all of a sudden they start clobbering teams. Then you will see a stink because the perspective in basketball is different. No one was against the kid competing but we do have a problem with the record book. I had seen a utube tape on this issue presented by a psychiatrist & she nailed it: this is a mental effect issue & that does not entitle one to a victimization status.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If I identify as a horse, could I enter the Kentucky Derby?
Ah you'll have to check if though it would merit the foal division, the pony division, the mare division, or the gelding but given Congress I'm certain they can write a bill for it.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If I identify as a horse, could I enter the Kentucky Derby?

Why not. Provide the papers of the breeding of your parents to prove that you are a thoroughbred and of course, win the required races in order to be allowed to participate. I’m sure you would look good with a jockey riding you.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Why not. Provide the papers of the breeding of your parents to prove that you are a thoroughbred and of course, win the required races in order to be allowed to participate. I’m sure you would look good with a jockey riding you.

Then shouldn't a person identifying as a female have to show a birth certificate proving they were born a female?

Seems only fair.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Things should get really interesting once he retires and starts earning stud fees.

Upvote 0