• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I wish we all got healing like in the bible days

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd like complete healing and I'd also like to see everyone else get healed. I want God to take away my cystic acne and scars completely, I also want to be healed from my TMAU like metabolic disorder (don't laugh guys, but it's a weird disorder where I give off bad odors randomly from skin, breath, etc. and it's very embarrassing) I also want healing from social anxiety and depression... Seems like I haven't been happy since this weird odor/ health problem. I have other digestive, tired, foggy issues also. My memory is bad and I was suffering from parasites.... That and my aunt isnt well and my mom has schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and my dad has many health issues as well. I just pray that Jesus would heal everyone on this forum and all those suffering with sickness in general.

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I know how you feel. I come from a dysfunctional family and have mental illness myself. I sometimes wish I was not ill, but realize I've come closer to God because of it. I wish the whole world could be healed too. I feel at times despair for those who have not and are truly impaired. I realize God is there though in the these times. I wish all would know the God I know. God has uplifted me and saved me many times. He has forgiven me of my sins and remains faithful to me. God has been and is still good to me. I feel blessed even with my illness. I am grateful for what I have. I try not to focus on the negatives but try to focus on the positives. I don't have much materialistically, but have much in God's love and grace for me. I have concluded this is the way I am and God accepts me as I am. He still accepts me even though I have a mental illness and come from a dysfunctional family. There is no greater love than from God itself. I know Jesus is the ultimate physician and healer. He healed me from a blood clot when I had no health insurance. His angels saved my life. I did not ask to be saved but He did save me. He is there. Please don't think God does not listen. He has His reasons which even I don't understand. I understand how you feel. Please don't feel despair but rejoice in His name for what you have and for your life. He will not cure me for now, I know, but His love and guidance is what I need more than a cure for my illness. I hope you find some reassurance from knowing that God loves you too. May be God allows some things to happen so we can grow closer to Him.
I don't know. Only God knows the truth.

God bless!

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A lot of times I have been sick, and I have tried in faith to cure myself, and it has not always worked. Yet these were only small illnesses, nothing like what you would be experiencing. However one of the times I ask God why am I not well, and he gave me the story of Elisha, the prophet of God in the old testament, now he was a powerful man, performed any great feats of spiritual power, yet died sick. But even in this, as the story goes, a dead man was thrown into his grave, and because Elisha had lived His life with such power the dead man revived. Just because a Christian is sick does not mean they are any less powerful.

However that said, I would encourage you to keep seeking God for healing. I have prayed for a woman with a damaged back, and she was healed instantly. In our family, on my wife side, one of her family members actually was pronounced dead by doctors, only to revive by the prayers of her biological father. Added to that we just had a mission trip to Vanuatu (p.s. I was not a part of that trip) and a totally paralysed woman was freed from her illness after many years, able to walk and run around, 100% healed, not a bit of illness left.

I like to pray for people consistently, I will pray for your healing, that in what ever way God chooses to act in your life, that you will be strengthened in your inner person, and have God's peace.

Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0