✟13,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings.

Let me start by saying I have no interest in debating anyone on anything. If our ideas don't match, just know that I'm totally open to mine changing -- in fact that's why I'm posting this.

That said, here's the deal... I believe in Christ. I believe He was the son of God, died for my sins, and rose again.

It hasn't always been that way though. I had to do a ton of research on my own to really believe that stuff. Since I've been convinced I've been really comfortable with it, and have never looked back.

However, there's still plenty I don't believe in...

1. Adam and Eve... no, I don't believe that two people populated the entire earth. This is NOT to say I believe in evolution as I don't, there are plenty of holes in that idea as well, but that doesn't make this any more credible.
  2. Noahs Ark... no, I don't believe that two of each animal traveled from opposite ends of the earth to hop on a big boat, and then went back home when all was said and done.
  3. That a man was in the belly of a big fish for 3 days, then barfed back out. Really? Seriously?
  4. Tithing. I know this one is super controversial, but I've read the New Testament, and it's not in there. When someone references the Old Testament on this topic, I wonder if they've also had their oldest child stoned to death at the gate of the city for being disrespectful. I mean, why cherry pick only the parts of the OT that are convenient?

I don't expect all of these to be answered here -- I was more using them as a foundation for this question:

How can I continue to attend church when there's so many things I simply don't buy? I love Jesus, but it's really tough attending week after week when I just want to call BS all the time. I've been attending and praying for God to open my mind/ heart for years now, it's not changing what I don't believe in though.

I know many are of the "If the Bible says it, it must be true" camp. Trust me, I'd love to be there and not have this inner turmoil, but I'm simply not.

What to do? Thanks!

• Friendly
Reactions: IntriKate

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Greetings.

Let me start by saying I have no interest in debating anyone on anything. If our ideas don't match, just know that I'm totally open to mine changing -- in fact that's why I'm posting this.

That said, here's the deal... I believe in Christ. I believe He was the son of God, died for my sins, and rose again.

It hasn't always been that way though. I had to do a ton of research on my own to really believe that stuff. Since I've been convinced I've been really comfortable with it, and have never looked back.

1. Adam and Eve... no, I don't believe that two people populated the entire earth. This is NOT to say I believe in evolution as I don't, there are plenty of holes in that idea as well, but that doesn't make this any more credible.
  2. Noahs Ark... no, I don't believe that two of each animal traveled from opposite ends of the earth to hop on a big boat, and then went back home when all was said and done.
  3. That a man was in the belly of a big fish for 3 days, then barfed back out. Really? Seriously?
  4. Tithing. I know this one is super controversial, but I've read the New Testament, and it's not in there. When someone references the Old Testament on this topic, I wonder if they've also had their oldest child stoned to death at the gate of the city for being disrespectful. I mean, why cherry pick only the parts of the OT that are convenient?

I don't expect all of these to be answered here -- I was more using them as a foundation for this question:

How can I continue to attend church when there's so many things I simply don't buy? I love Jesus, but it's really tough attending week after week when I just want to call BS all the time. I've been attending and praying for God to open my mind/ heart for years now, it's not changing what I don't believe in though.

I know many are of the "If the Bible says it, it must be true" camp. Trust me, I'd love to be there and not have this inner turmoil, but I'm simply not.

What to do? Thanks!
I suggest that you start by becoming neutral on those issues that are a problem to you. Grab a pen, a notebook and a Bible. Get up early, if you can, and ask God for the Spirit of wisdom and revelation. The Bible is a spiritual book for spiritual people. Study the Bible. It's best to stick with the New Testament at first. You may be surprised at what you find. Jesus believed that Jonah was in the fish for 3 days. He also talked about Noah. Whenever you have a question, ask God to show you. If you are open and persistent, He will reveal things to you.
An awful lot of things in the Bible are hard to understand. I had to come to the place where I did not need to understand in order to accept. As an intellectual, that was hard for me. Intellectual is not the same as intelligent. It just means that you rely on your logic and reason. Anything that God does not show you, either keep bugging Him or let it go. Example. I was intrigued by Adam and Eve. I have the traditional view. I asked God why He did not just scratch them and start again. It would have avoided the mess we have today, was my thinking. I would not be here to ask the question though....
Anyway, after some days of badgering (you need to stay humble while being persistent, God replied to me. He said that He did terminate Adam and Eve, just not in the way that I had thought of. Through the cross, the whole human race died. Not everyone accepts that but Lord Jesus tasted death for every man. Lord Jesus rose from the dead. He ascended into heaven. Lord Jesus is called "The Last Adam". He obeyed God so perfectly that God was completely satisfied. The Church is "of" Christ in the same way that Eve was "of" Adam. God will reveal things to you also. Don't allow pride to cause you to stumble. Disagreeing does not make you right.

Upvote 0

ovis90

Jun 7, 2015
Vilnius
✟20,552.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Until you born again you can't have real faith and you will always question everything. Yes there is something that sound weird,but some things in the bible need to understand not exactly as its write like... if it speaks about sowing seeds it means not what it say. Its not speaking about agriculture.

Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
no, I don't believe
Well that says a lot right there doesn't it? If you believe in God and Jesus, and have repented for your sins, then you are on the right track. Blessed are those that believe but have not seen. I didn't witness anything in the Bible but I believe it all to be true cause I've seen miracles. Maybe one day you'll see a miracle that helps you believe that ANYTHING is possible with the Lord. :clap:

Upvote 0

chrisRDBA

Feb 6, 2019
AZ
✟13,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suggest that you start by becoming neutral on those issues that are a problem to you. Grab a pen, a notebook and a Bible. Get up early, if you can, and ask God for the Spirit of wisdom and revelation. The Bible is a spiritual book for spiritual people. Study the Bible. It's best to stick with the New Testament at first. You may be surprised at what you find. Jesus believed that Jonah was in the fish for 3 days. He also talked about Noah. Whenever you have a question, ask God to show you. If you are open and persistent, He will reveal things to you.

I may give this a shot, thanks.

Upvote 0

Emsmom1

Nov 6, 2019
Los Angeles
✟41,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
chrisRDBA-I feel exactly the same way! I was just telling a friend of mine yesterday: the story of Adam and Eve seems like a creation myth, I can't buy the Noah's Ark story, and the Jonah story seems unlikely. And it's NOT that I don't think God could do these things-he could, of course. I've always wondered if the OT stories are embellished for effect.
But does it matter if one believes in the stories of the OT? It's not like it's a condition for salvation. I, too, I believe Jesus is the son of God, died for my sins, and rose again. However, I do not think everyone who believes this views the bible the same way. Some believe it's literal; some believe some of the stories are metaphorical, etc. Like not every Christian believes the world was created in six literal days.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Greetings.

What to do? Thanks!

The bible in it's entirety is not to be taken literally. Sometimes verses are symbolic, prophetic, literal, historical ... and can be any combination of the four.

So, if something doesn't "make sense" literally then one considers the non-literal ... and looks for similar verses. Using a concordance can be very helpful.

here is a place that is very helpful in "searching" things out etc. across the entire bible.

www.biblehub.com

here is a place to look at scripture topically

What Does the Bible Say About Studying The Bible?

But on the other hand ... don't dismiss or under estimate the power of God. He spoke the universe into existence. The bible is not a science book ... the Lord is not concerned about science. He is concerned about mankinds' relationship with others and their relationship with Him.

Your mind is changed by studying His Word for yourself. Before you study, ask the Lord to send His Holy Spirit to help you understand. Don't expect God to give you instant understanding .... like anything .... we learn as we go through His Word.

Isaiah 28
King James 2000 Bible
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

At some point in time (His time) .... the here a little and there a little comes into focus ... and understanding becomes more cohesive.

Even when attending church ... we have the individual responsibility to measure what is being taught with His Word to make sure the teaching(s) are correct. Besides that, once a week teaching in church is too slow ... you might find a bible study group beneficial as well.

Acts 17:11

New Living Translation
And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth.

You have an open mind ... good! .... continue to fill it up with the Word of God. Keep after it and the "light bulbs" will start to go off.

May the Lord lead you through His Word. Amen.

Upvote 0

chrisRDBA

Feb 6, 2019
AZ
✟13,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible in it's entirety is not to be taken literally. Sometimes verses are symbolic, prophetic, literal, historical ... and can be any combination of the four.

So, if something doesn't "make sense" literally then one considers the non-literal ... and looks for similar verses. Using a concordance can be very helpful........

I've thought about this since I read it. I've heard this more than once and it frustrates me to say the least.

If parts of it are meant to be literal, and others aren't, doesnt that leave the whole thing open to interpretation by man? Isn't it possible none of it's real based on this idea?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Greetings.

What to do? Thanks!

To be a Christian its enough to believe in the Apostolic/Nicean creed.

Many Christians do not believe in literal Adam and Eve and similar. Its an area that is not necessary for being a Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've thought about this since I read it. I've heard this more than once and it frustrates me to say the least.

If parts of it are meant to be literal, and others aren't, doesnt that leave the whole thing open to interpretation by man? Isn't it possible none of it's real based on this idea?

Thanks.

It's about lessons ... learned ... to be learned ... what is in the message(s) being read. Can't go wrong by patterning one's life after Christ. He is the perfect example of how it is best to live in harmony with one another and with Him.

And the bible teaches past, present and future and symbolic "happenings" of what that looks like by many examples. What the results (past, present & future) were/are and will be.

He does want everyone to study His Word ... that is how we get to know Him ... and it does take some time ... but as you continue in His word He gives more light.

Precept upon precept ... here a little there a little.

Designed that way so we will continue in His Word and in Him. That is why it is called a "walk". We are being taught how to walk every day through His Word.

9. 1 John 2:6 “The one who says he resides in God ought himself to walk just as Jesus walked.”

Isaiah 28:10
New Living Translation
He tells us everything over and over— one line at a time, one line at a time, a little here, and a little there!”

Pay attention to the principles being taught ... and the consistency of them, whether they seem literal, symbolic and/or historical.

It is a life-long journey (walk) learning about Him and will continue throughout eternity.

Upvote 0

ColoRaydo

Feb 9, 2017
Colorado
✟33,572.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe Genesis 1:1?

If you can believe that, why would any miraculous story in the Bible be hard to believe?

But know this, the story of the Ark wasn’t about animals walking two by two. The story of Jonah was not about how to survive in the belly of a fish. The story about Adam and Eve was not about population growth. Regardless, the fine details in these stories aren’t central to salvation anyway.

I personally don’t care if the stories are literal or figurative, they aren’t prerequisites to my faith in Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is some food for thought:

• Adam and Eve... no, I don't believe that two people populated the entire earth. This is NOT to say I believe in evolution as I don't, there are plenty of holes in that idea as well, but that doesn't make this any more credible.

Jesus quoted from the book of Genesis stating, Mat 19:5. Paul also believe it to be true 2Co 11:3.

• Noahs Ark... no, I don't believe that two of each animal traveled from opposite ends of the earth to hop on a big boat, and then went back home when all was said and done.

The apostles belived the story to be true. Heb 11:7, 2Pe 2:5, 1Pe 3:20

• That a man was in the belly of a big fish for 3 days, then barfed back out. Really? Seriously?

Jesus quoted Jonah, Mat 12:40.

• Tithing. I know this one is super controversial, but I've read the New Testament, and it's not in there. When someone references the Old Testament on this topic, I wonder if they've also had their oldest child stoned to death at the gate of the city for being disrespectful. I mean, why cherry pick only the parts of the OT that are convenient?

The bible suggests that tithing is still valid, at least giving to help the needy. Jesus said:

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

2Co 9:6 But this I say, He that soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he that soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye tithe mint and anise and cummin, and have left undone the weightier matters of the law, justice, and mercy, and faith: but these ye ought to have done, and not to have left the other undone.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tithing. I know this one is super controversial, but I've read the New Testament, and it's not in there. When someone references the Old Testament on this topic, I wonder if they've also had their oldest child stoned to death at the gate of the city for being disrespectful. I mean, why cherry pick only the parts of the OT that are convenient?
If giving 10% was convenient, more people would give 10%. Many people give less than that, ironically the richer many people get, the smaller the percentage they give. Now, the New Testament does not have a hard rule on 10% of your income to be given to the church. It merely says that those who can give should give, and those who do give will be rewarded in Heaven. The percentage is between us and God. That said, I believe 10% is a good giving goal for people to try and reach. It's enough to notice a difference, and the more you give to any cause, the less you're focused on acquiring stuff and building up your own little world. It is a recognition that God has been good to you in providing for your needs, and that there are other people he loves that are in need, and you are joining him in helping to meet some of those needs for some of those people. And it's also helping to keep the lights on and the roof free of leaks at the church that you enjoy.

As to your other question about cherry-picking the Old Testament - the first Christians did not. They were Jewish, and continued to be Jewish. And the Old Testament practices they did leave behind were carefully weighed in the context of who Jesus is, and what Jesus did. They didn't sacrifice anymore because Jesus is the once and for all sacrifice, for instance. And then the Holy Spirit moved in Acts 10, and began bringing Gentiles in large numbers to Jesus. In Acts 15, the Spirit guided the counsel of believers in Jerusalem to the belief that Gentiles do not have to follow the entire Law in order to be faithful Christians. He did insist on some rules, though - no sexual sins as the OT defines them, no food sacrificed to idols, no meat from strangled animals, no meat that has blood still in it. None of these strike me as particularly convenient, particularly in the Roman world.

Furthermore, you should look into what Jews teach about what non-Jews are to keep, and not keep. Religious Orthodox Jews believe in keeping as much of the Law as is possible under present conditions - for them. For Gentiles, there is much less to keep. They believe that God has certain commands for everyone, and more commands for the Jews, and there is overlap between them. And they point to the Torah itself (what we call the OT) as evidence of this. So built right into the Old Testament are exemptions for the Gentiles from much of the Law.

That a man was in the belly of a big fish for 3 days, then barfed back out. Really? Seriously?
Do you not believe that this would be possible with God?

Adam and Eve... no, I don't believe that two people populated the entire earth. This is NOT to say I believe in evolution as I don't, there are plenty of holes in that idea as well, but that doesn't make this any more credible.
Which interpretations of the Adam and Eve narrative have you considered before rejecting it?

Noahs Ark... no, I don't believe that two of each animal traveled from opposite ends of the earth to hop on a big boat, and then went back home when all was said and done.
Why not?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="chrisRDBA, post: 74478359, member: 417031"]I don't expect all of these to be answered here -- I was more using them as a foundation for this question:

What to do? Thanks![/QUOTE
=========================
Don't go to church until God directs you to one. If you believe in Him, ask Him to guide you and to teach you. If you go to a church God does not direct you to, like not of nor by faith, that is sin and will probably lead to more sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

Thanks.
No. and no.
If God tells you the meaning of His Word, granting you the understanding of it, that will be more than most people on earth ever realize, right ?

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Greetings.

What to do? Thanks!
What doesn't make sense, without deep research, is not what should guide our spiritual lives. For example, have you seriously looked into the Flood? The planet is glutted with countless billions of fossils, and 98% of them are marine. For example in Grand Canyon we see billions of just one type of nautiloid alone there. A nautiloid is an ocean dwelling animal. Now how did those sea creatures get there - and all over the planet at every level?

You can Google and look at things like trilobites on mountain tops. Trilobites are extinct marine life forms. They and other creatures like them litter the highest places (also the lowest) in the world.
PICTURES OF MARINE LIFE FOSSILS ON MOUNTAIN TOPS - Google Search:

If you will check out answersingenesis regarding the Flood, there you will see mathematics, statistics and paleontology supporting the account of Noah and the Ark. You are selling the Lord totally short by saying that He couldn't provide that large sea creature for Jonah, or couldn't get those animals to Noah. Where did this universe come from? You don't have a clue, right? Well, there is no evidence for any natural cause, so it has to be from a supernatural cause. I guess someone who made this universe could make a donkey that talks, a virgin woman to give birth, and ditto all the miracles in the Bible.

Just because it "doesn't make sense" to someone's finite mind, that doesn't mean He can't or didn't, do what He said He did.

You are operating on "Doesn't make sense to me"' instead of on research into your issues, much less on faith. If you truly want to hear HIS side, pray for guidance and light. It will take you time to see the real facts. Are you willing? Rhetorical Q.

And yes, tithing is in the New Testament. Messiah told the Pharisees that they tithed even their little plants, and that they should have done so. However, he also berated them for then neglecting "weightier matters" like mercy and justice

Why would we not want to support the Word, with our financial resources, which is the hope of all humankind?

You don't believe that two people populated the earth. Yet you don't believe in the pseudo science religion of evolution. I wonder where you think people came from? It only takes two to get any species multiplyng. Start out with two rabbits and, if not stopped, they would over run the planet. Again, the universe is here. It has no known natural cause. What is more difficult, to create a universe, or a man and a woman?

Don't sell the Almighty short. Again, pray and ask Him for light. The supporting facts are out there for those who seek them diligently. But without faith, they are not that worthwhile.

As for continuing to go to Church, you aren't told to do that in the Bible anyway. Look at the 4th Commandment. It says nothing about going to Church, or even to a Synagogue. Churches can provide some great fellowship and help needy people in many wonderful ways. Sometimes.

We are told to fellowship, though we are never told that the fellowship has to be in what we call a Church today

Church, in the Bible, never meant a big building with a cross on top where you go to worship on Sundays. That word is a translation from Ekklesia. Ekklesia means "the called out ones", i.e. the body of believers. It has zip to do with any denomination or heirarchy or governing power structure of any kind.

You can have "Church" in your own home, or someone else's.

Also, you say you "believe in Christ." Why? Because of what you read in the Bible? In the Bible He makes it very clear that He supports all of the Old Testament and spoke of Adam and Eve and Noah and the Flood and Jonah as real, historical. Shall we believe Him, or those who don't believe Him and follow "the prince of this world" also called "the father of lies"?

You say you believe Messiah rose from the dead. Uh, isn't that a major miracle? Doncha think that someone being raised from the dead after 3 days and 3 nights is at least as miraculous as the other miracles mentioned in the Bible?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
P.S. On Adam and Eve people often ask who their children married. Brothers and sisters married one another. That kind of "incest" was not forbidden until the time of Moses. Abraham, for instance, was married to his half sister.

Why did things change with Moses? Well, in the beginning Adam and Eve were perfect genetically. Their children could intermarry without genetic deficiencies being passed onto their descendants. However, with the Fall, over time mutations crept in. In fact, all life forms have more mutations with every new generation. You have more than your parents. With ever increasing mutations, if two very close relatives mate, the chances go up that they will get a double whammy on mutations and hence endanger their offspring.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
P.P.S. Here is an interesting fact. The Bible tells us that the "fountains of the deep broke forth" at the time of the Flood. Now what sense does that make to our little finite minds? But science has shown that there are oceans below our oceans that no one ever knew about until recently. There is a huge crack in the planet called the Mid Atlantic Ridge - also not known until recent times. It seems that is where the fountains of the deep broke forth.

It is so easy to say "It doesn't make sense" when we don't have all the data, so the best thing to do is look for data, but also to trust in the Lord and His Word and not assume we have all the data to understand it.

• Informative
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A lot of people are like this, they want Jesus, they believe he died for their sins but then they don't want to believe Genesis. The trouble with that is so much doctrine is based in Genesis. Original sin, no death before sin because sin brought in death, that blood is needed to cover sin and even that Jesus is a second Adam, and that God will remake the world back to peace and perfection, all go back to Genesis. Even if we have decided, well that's all too hard and I am just going to focus on the New Testament, then you will run into both Jesus and Paul referring back to Genesis not as a story, but as real events and people. Genesis itself doesn't follow Hebrew literary form of either poetry or parable so it's hard to simply wave it away and call it allogory. The reason people do so is that science has 'proven it otherwise'. This is the real reason for disbelief in Genesis. Man in his wisdom believes science, which is only based in what can be tested and seen by infallible men in the here and now, even though the world God created is gone and nobody has seen life create itself.
Yet then people (not just you) turn around and say, but I believe in Jesus. But the virgin birth, sinless life and resurrection of Christ are all miracles, no more or less miraculous then creation or the flood. The only difference is science hasn't come up with a way to 'prove' it didn't happen.

Tithing isn't nearly as controversial.

But does it matter if one believes in the stories of the OT? It's not like it's a condition for salvation. I, too, I believe Jesus is the son of God, died for my sins, and rose again. However, I do not think everyone who believes this views the bible the same way. Some believe it's literal; some believe some of the stories are metaphorical, etc. Like not every Christian believes the world was created in six literal days.

Yes, it is, this is why its such a huge controversial topic.
Genesis tells us how long Adam lived for and says "And then he died" who would add that if Adam were an allegory? Then Adam is in genealogies in both the Old and New testament as well as being mentioned by Jesus and Paul as real people.

The overall story of the Bible is Perfect creation- fall into sin and decay-mans struggle to live up to God's law with the shedding of the blood of animals to atone for their sin. (I think most of us know that was a shadow of things to come and that the law was given to show man that he couldn't keep God's laws) Christ who was the perfect man and called the second Adam came, shed his perfect blood for us and fulfilled the law. When we say he saved us, it isn't just from hell, but from original sin-which came in at the fall. God says death is an enemy that will be defeated. Defeated meaning what? No death. If death was always there and simply a needed mechanism of change how does that make it the enemy? Then the Bible talks about the new heaven and new earth, which sound a whole lot like the garden of Eden. If creation, fall and death from sin is a parable the rest doesn't make sense. I know some people like to use a gap theory of some kind and while I get it, I don't agree with it but I see why they do. Even with that, even if there was a gap of some time there between vs 1 and 2 there still has to be a world of perfection-corruption-redemption-perfection.

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0