• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I think I'm going to hell (the unforgivable sin)

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel I have never become a Christian truly. The sinners prayer never saves. I don't even know if I accepted Jesus as Lord and Christ etc. there is SO MUCH to salvation. Some even say baptism is necessary. So I'm going to hell as I haven't found a way to get that done

What can we do..
We need a child-like faith, like how an innocent child can easily trust the words or promises of his/her good father or mother or other good adults. Faith/trust/belief will not be easy for children who have been abused.

While we are still living on this earth, God has promised to bless those who keep His Law. In this way, good and law-abiding believers can taste the love and goodness of God the Father-in-heaven.

God/Jesus has also promised to prepare a place in heaven for us after we die(JOHN.14:1-6). Not believing or trusting or having faith in God's/Jesus's word or promise is to treat Him like a lying and bad father.

P S - At ACTS.15:24-29, God has exempted new Gentile Christians from any law of Moses which is a burden, eg circumcision and kosher foods. They are not exempted from any law which is not a burden, esp morality laws, eg the Ten Commandments(EXODUS.20), DEUT.18:9-14, LEV.10:9 & 18:22, etc.
... In comparison, new Jewish Christians are required by God to continue to keep Moses Law, as many as possible, because it is not a burden to them.

Those "Christians" who wantonly or ignorantly commit sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking risk losing their salvation while suffering horribly for their sins, eg by cursing/blaspheming God/Jesus and die, like the wife of Job. Be warned by DEUT.28:15, JOB, 1COR.5:5 & 11:30, 1JOHN.5:16-19, HEBREWS.10:26-31, 1COR.6:9-11, REV.22:12-15, ie sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking have consequences - some may lead to a horrible early death(= risk losing salvation/faith) and some may not, eg convicted murderers are usually executed and traffic offenders only have to pay a fine.

Being saved from hell after death rests solely on faith/trust/belief in Jesus as the Christ/Messiah/Savior.(JOHN.3:16, GALATIANS.2:16, eg LUKE.23:43)

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The answer to what? A salvation from what he is going to do to you if you don't believe in him? Is he powerless to save us all? That he must give us an ultimatum and force us to choose? There is no omnipotence in such a concept. It is flawed from the start. And if you wish to remain such a dark world while telling yourself that you have "the light", then your own selfishness only serves to show what you really think of this world and everyone in it.

Hi
interesting. I presume you are an atheist?
So, do you think we should all go to heaven no matter what? Is it a kind of a default right for everyone no matter whether they believe or not?

Jesus is quite clear. You either accept Him or not as Saviour. He alone is the Door to Heaven. If not, you will end up where God is not present, a cold dark place. The choice is squarely with each person. Nobody can force any anyone else to believe. But still, there is a stark choice. Upon leaving this life, we each Will come face to face with our own chosen fate. God does not choose, we do.
Free will.

I didn't believe until I came up against my husband's terminal cancer diagnosis. Suddenly the penny dropped. I realised I am nothing on my own feeble strength. I accepted God, and that is where forgiveness came in. He has forgiven ME for all my ignorance and stubborn self will over all my life. Now I belong to Christ, and He will always take care of me. I know this to be true, along with all true believers. How? Because I feel His power in me, transformative strength.

So, we each choose. There are only two choices, yes or no to Jesus Christ.

Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't reject the gospel. Believe in the center of your heart.
There's people who place their own ideas above what Scripture says lest they be revealed as wrong and wicked. Don't blaspheme the Holy Spirit by rejecting Him and His gospel love.

Upvote 0