• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I think I'm going to hell (the unforgivable sin)

erealmz

Oh, that's right...
Aug 28, 2017
City of Jade
✟6,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There is no such thing as a natural fear of Hell because Hell does not exist. This is what I (blessings) - HATE about Christianity, that it (blesses) with the minds of young innocent people and alteres their otherwise healthy way of thinking. This religion needs to be stopped. Yeah I said it.

Upvote 0

erealmz

Oh, that's right...
Aug 28, 2017
City of Jade
✟6,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I honestly feel sick to my stomach right now that you are feeling this way. It is sick. No young adult should have to go through this. And you people sit here and quote scripture and "pray" for her as if that's going to do anything.

OP, I hope you realize what you're getting into and are able to break free from it one day. I wish you the best and I'm sorry you're going through this.

Upvote 0

AmberB

Jesus Rocks My Socks
Oct 5, 2017
Clearwater
✟19,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A big fear I have is that obviously what I said what I said, I knew that IF He existed, then what I was saying was wrong. But because I didn't really think that He did for the most part, I wasn't like overcome with fear or anything. I didn't have a sense of anything good leaving me forever.

I knew it was bad, I knew it may be unforgivable IF He existed, but I didn't feel bad because I didn't really think that He did. Even when I began believing again, I didn't feel bad yet because I didn't realize that I may have committed it at first. I feel like if God really had left me, I would have known the moment I tried to be with Him or something. You know? And yeah I began having anxiety after, but what if that's it? What if THAT'S my feeling that I'm unforgivable and that's why I've been having OCD and Anxiety, even before I realized the unforgivable sin thing. It was my soul being tormented over it, even though my mind didn't know why. And now that I know about the unforgivable sin, I feel terrible and want to repent, but what if because I didn't feel terrible then and knew that IF God existed what I was saying was bad, then that means I'm unforgivable? I want to be forgiven, though. I don't want to chose sin over God.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to be with Jesus, but right now it's sort of out of fear of Hell (which I imagine is natural) and I'm trying to change it.
MATTHEW.10: =
Jesus Teaches the Fear of God
27 “Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

JOHN.6: =
53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”

59 These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.

Many Disciples Turn Away
60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, “This is a hard saying; who can understand it?”

61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65 And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Like a babe-in-Christ(1CORINTHIANS.3), you should feed more on the Word of God/Bible, like a baby suckling from his/her mother's milk. That is mostly how we abide in Jesus, Spirit'ually.(JOHN.15:7)

• Informative
Reactions: I'm_Sorry
Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
A big fear I have is that obviously what I said what I said, I knew that IF He existed, then what I was saying was wrong. But because I didn't really think that He did for the most part, I wasn't like overcome with fear or anything. I didn't have a sense of anything good leaving me forever.

I knew it was bad, I knew it may be unforgivable IF He existed, but I didn't feel bad because I didn't really think that He did. Even when I began believing again, I didn't feel bad yet because I didn't realize that I may have committed it at first. I feel like if God really had left me, I would have known the moment I tried to be with Him or something. You know? And yeah I began having anxiety after, but what if that's it? What if THAT'S my feeling that I'm unforgivable and that's why I've been having OCD and Anxiety, even before I realized the unforgivable sin thing. It was my soul being tormented over it, even though my mind didn't know why. And now that I know about the unforgivable sin, I feel terrible and want to repent, but what if because I didn't feel terrible then and knew that IF God existed what I was saying was bad, then that means I'm unforgivable? I want to be forgiven, though. I don't want to chose sin over God.

AmberB

As someone mentioned in this thread, this is a common fear that many Christians go through.

If you search the forums you will find threads regarding the unforgivable sin.

I went through this and I came to realise that IF I did commit it I wouldn't be worried about it as I would not have the calling of God anymore, and my mind would be given over to a reprobate mind.

Romans 1:28-32

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Sister, I believe you haven't committed the sin and it's the devil that is throwing darts at you constantly.

I see in you a heart desperately seeking God.

Sister, When you pray to Jesus, ask him:

Dear Lord Jesus, may you rebuke the enemy and deliver me from all his evil works, may you cast him away and may you fill me with your Holy Spirit and grant me His fruit: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,"

Galatians 5:22

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
BTW I've been going through some major anxiety of late and the best thing for me is as Jesus said:

Matthew 4:4

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

So when I get attacked with major anxiety (debilitating fear that goes right down and makes my feet tingle) I put on an audio bible, lay down in bed and listen (feed) and pray.

Upvote 0

AmberB

Jesus Rocks My Socks
Oct 5, 2017
Clearwater
✟19,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all very much. I've felt a bit better over this situation, but unfortunately another incident came to me an I realized that I may have committed the sin in another way. I will probably make any there thread about it (I know it's annoying) because I don't want it to be lost in the comments.

Basically after I started believing, I kept doing something that I knew was wrong. I've since stopped, and asked for forgiveness, but I feel like it's too late. I knew what I was doing.

Plus, I feel bad for doing it, but not bad about the sin itself! It wasn't hurting anyone, which is why I'm having trouble feeling as bad as I should. And the reason I feel bad about doing it in general is because of fear of Hell. I haven't really been able to find true love for God yet because I've just started and have been obsessed with these feeling instead. So I feel like when I pray for forgiveness, it's not genuine enough and that means God isn't forgiving me. Or what if he's already left?

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you all very much. I've felt a bit better over this situation, but unfortunately another incident came to me an I realized that I may have committed the sin in another way. I will probably make any there thread about it (I know it's annoying) because I don't want it to be lost in the comments.

Basically after I started believing, I kept doing something that I knew was wrong. I've since stopped, and asked for forgiveness, but I feel like it's too late. I knew what I was doing.

Plus, I feel bad for doing it, but not bad about the sin itself! It wasn't hurting anyone, which is why I'm having trouble feeling as bad as I should. And the reason I feel bad about doing it in general is because of fear of Hell. I haven't really been able to find true love for God yet because I've just started and have been obsessed with these feeling instead. So I feel like when I pray for forgiveness, it's not genuine enough and that means God isn't forgiving me. Or what if he's already left?

Amber the enemy appears to be countering you and keeping you in fear.

Ask Jesus, may He rebuke the devil when these thoughts penetrate your mind.

Your sins are forgiven on the cross, when you stumble God will forgive you and He will bring you to true repentance, you're His child and He loves you.

He paid the highest price (His Son Lord Jesus) for all our sins.

And Lord Jesus will lose none whom the Father has given Him.

Lord Jesus will keep you!

Put on the audio bible and let Him fill you with His Holy Spirit by His Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AmberB

Jesus Rocks My Socks
Oct 5, 2017
Clearwater
✟19,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amber the enemy appears to be countering you and keeping you in fear.

Ask Jesus, may He rebuke the devil when these thoughts penetrate your mind.

Your sins are forgiven on the cross, when you stumble God will forgive you and He will bring you to true repentance, you're His child and He loves you.

He paid the highest price (His Son Lord Jesus) for all our sins.

And Lord Jesus will lose none whom the Father has given Him.

Lord Jesus will keep you!

Put on the audio bible and let Him fill you with His Holy Spirit by His Word.

Okay, I'll try. Thank you.

Upvote 0

frettr00

Finding peace where I am
Aug 10, 2004
✟38,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Based on what you wrote you didn't commit an unforgiveable sin. You have flaws that are causing these doubts and fears in your mind. The fact that you came back to God and asked for forgiveness shows that you didn't commit an unforgiveable sin.

• Agree
Reactions: I'm_Sorry
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "blasphemy against the Spirit" is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and in Matthew 12:22-32. This case of blasphemy is a specific one, called "the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" in Matthew 12:31. In Matthew 12:31-32, the Pharisees, having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that Jesus was possessed by the demon "Beelzebub" (Matthew 12:24). Notice that in Mark 3:30, Jesus is very specific about what they did to commit "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit."

Jesus Christ is not walking the earth today, He is seated at the right hand of the Father. No one can witness Jesus Christ performing a miracle and then attribute that power to Satan instead of the Holy Spirit. The sin that is unpardonable for us today is the state of continued, deliberate unbelief.

Upvote 0

Jesus' Girl

❤️❤️❤️
Dec 27, 2016
✟26,747.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I suffer your problem...I am still in sin and don't feel genuinely sorry for sin, just the feeling I've done wrong and could go to hell. I suffer severe anxiety, depression and even severe hypochondria and even OCD and health issues. I find I'm so weak every day and I wish God would strengthen me to resist sin when it feels good or easy to sin (when you lie in fear is an example). I could go on and on. I have become so cold I feel nothing for anyone now. I feel God will send me to hell for letting this happen, but I didn't mean for it to happen..I have fought. I feel God will not see that and how my thoughts have a life of their own and my body has a life of its own (so strong or random thoughts OOTB)and he will send me to hell. I feel he will ignore my requests I have made for help as I have made so many times and blame me for sinning despite my prayers for help in the midst of it.
I feel I have never become a Christian truly. The sinners prayer never saves. I don't even know if I accepted Jesus as Lord and Christ etc. there is SO MUCH to salvation. Some even say baptism is necessary. So I'm going to hell as I haven't found a way to get that done

What can we do..

Upvote 0

AmberB

Jesus Rocks My Socks
Oct 5, 2017
Clearwater
✟19,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suffer your problem...I am still in sin and don't feel genuinely sorry for sin, just the feeling I've done wrong and could go to hell. I suffer severe anxiety, depression and even severe hypochondria and even OCD and health issues. I find I'm so weak every day and I wish God would strengthen me to resist sin when it feels good or easy to sin (when you lie in fear is an example). I could go on and on. I have become so cold I feel nothing for anyone now. I feel God will send me to hell for letting this happen, but I didn't mean for it to happen..I have fought. I feel God will not see that and how my thoughts have a life of their own and my body has a life of its own (so strong or random thoughts OOTB)and he will send me to hell. I feel he will ignore my requests I have made for help as I have made so many times and blame me for sinning despite my prayers for help in the midst of it.
I feel I have never become a Christian truly. The sinners prayer never saves. I don't even know if I accepted Jesus as Lord and Christ etc. there is SO MUCH to salvation. Some even say baptism is necessary. So I'm going to hell as I haven't found a way to get that done

What can we do..

I understand your stuggles. I wonder if I truly have been saved. I remember when I first asked Jesus into my heart, but I wonder if I was genuine enough. I feel like I was, but what if I'm just lying to myself?

We have to have hope that God is there and understands. I have been feeling better day by day, and I'm praying that it's the Lord giving me relief. I will pray for Him to give you relief, too.

Do you see a therapist or take meds? I'm trying to find meds that I like and I'm going to a Christian therapist next week! Maybe you should try that if you aren't already?

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I understand your stuggles. I wonder if I truly have been saved. I remember when I first asked Jesus into my heart, but I wonder if I was genuine enough. I feel like I was, but what if I'm just lying to myself?

Its the enemy throwing darts sister.

We have to have hope that God is there and understands. I have been feeling better day by day, and I'm praying that it's the Lord giving me relief. I will pray for Him to give you relief, too.

Do you see a therapist or take meds? I'm trying to find meds that I like and I'm going to a Christian therapist next week! Maybe you should try that if you aren't already?

Amen! He's working in you! :)

Much love in Christ Jesus sister.

Be free in Him :)

Keep praying for the fruits of His Holy Spirit!

May He continue to bring you victory!

Reactions: AmberB
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There is no such thing as a natural fear of Hell because Hell does not exist. This is what I (blessings) - HATE about Christianity, that it (blesses) with the minds of young innocent people and alteres their otherwise healthy way of thinking. This religion needs to be stopped. Yeah I said it.

I've never been afraid of hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

What can we do..

Hi,
You are in a place where you feel helpless. You will be, if you rely on yourself and others.
Try this. Sit somewhere alone. Put your hands together. Say the Lord's Prayer and think about every word. Then say to Jesus, that you give Him your life, ask Him to be in the driving seat of your existence. Then pray about each of your most serious problems and ask humbly for Jesus Christ to help you. Pray for guidance in all things. Finish by praying for others in your life who also need help. Finally, ask for protection from all evil and ask for the Peace of Christ to surround you and those you love. Go about your day and believe that Jesus is now in charge and you have no need to fear.
Do this daily. Before sleep, first thing in the morning. Do it with all your heart.
Report back here in a weeks time and tell us what has happened. Things will happen that you will be amazed by. As each does, be sure to thank Jesus in a quick humble prayer.

Do this, stop fighting on your own. There really is no need. Xx

Upvote 0

erealmz

Oh, that's right...
Aug 28, 2017
City of Jade
✟6,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
You are in a place where you feel helpless. You will be, if you rely on yourself and others.
Try this. Sit somewhere alone. Put your hands together. Say the Lord's Prayer and think about every word. Then say to Jesus, that you give Him your life, ask Him to be in the driving seat of your existence. Then pray about each of your most serious problems and ask humbly for Jesus Christ to help you. Pray for guidance in all things. Finish by praying for others in your life who also need help. Finally, ask for protection from all evil and ask for the Peace of Christ to surround you and those you love. Go about your day and believe that Jesus is now in charge and you have no need to fear.
Do this daily. Before sleep, first thing in the morning. Do it with all your heart.
Report back here in a weeks time and tell us what has happened. Things will happen that you will be amazed by. As each does, be sure to thank Jesus in a quick humble prayer.

Do this, stop fighting on your own. There really is no need. Xx

Good advice and beautiful concept. Though any mantra, when repeated enough, can have the same effects. It won't make Hell any more or less real in the mind of the person believing it.

The best thing to do is research where the idea of Hell came from. Once you find, in your own time, that it is a totally made up concept, your troubles will ease. But you have to be willing to study and find out for yourself. If you are not willing, and can't lift the heavy wall that it hides behind, then nothing and I mean NOTHING said here will help you.

It's up to you....

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good advice and beautiful concept. Though any mantra, when repeated enough, can have the same effects. It won't make Hell any more or less real in the mind of the person believing it.

The best thing to do is research where the idea of Hell came from. Once you find, in your own time, that it is a totally made up concept, your troubles will ease. But you have to be willing to study and find out for yourself. If you are not willing, and can't lift the heavy wall that it hides behind, then nothing and I mean NOTHING said here will help you.

It's up to you....

That is a rather hard and empty answer. Where is Jesus in it? He is the answer. Nothing else.
Sin is what separates us from God. Hell is the darkness and cold where God is rejected.

Call upon Jesus Christ. He is the light, the life the way. I know this for certain. No doubt whatsoever.

Upvote 0

erealmz

Oh, that's right...
Aug 28, 2017
City of Jade
✟6,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That is a rather hard and empty answer. Where is Jesus in it? He is the answer. Nothing else.
Sin is what separates us from God. Hell is the darkness and cold where God is rejected.

Call upon Jesus Christ. He is the light, the life the way. I know this for certain. No doubt whatsoever.

The answer to what? A salvation from what he is going to do to you if you don't believe in him? Is he powerless to save us all? That he must give us an ultimatum and force us to choose? There is no omnipotence in such a concept. It is flawed from the start. And if you wish to remain such a dark world while telling yourself that you have "the light", then your own selfishness only serves to show what you really think of this world and everyone in it.

Upvote 0