• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I think I'm going to hell (the unforgivable sin)

AmberB

Jesus Rocks My Socks
Oct 5, 2017
Clearwater
✟19,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My name is Amber.
I think I committed the unforgivable sin and there is no hope for me.

I was raised Christian, but even though I believed, I never really lived the life. I still didn't have doubt though, but I never really prayed or anything. Anyway, around a year ago, I just kind of... eased out of believing. I had fears over dying and the idea of nothing happening after death scared me so much. It got to the point where it was all I thought about when I thought about dying. Because of it, idk what really happened, but I just stopped believing. I didn't really just decided to renounce God, I just didn't think he existed anymore.

Now, I do believe in Him. Normally, I wouldn't think that I had committed the unforgivable sin, but what I did during me time of unbelief is what scares me.

I told people that I didn't believe he existed. Then once I was talking to my mother and I told her I didn't believe and she was not wanting me to say that and I said, "F*** God." And stuff.
Even that I believe is forgivable, but I thought to myself "If God DOES exist, I'm probably going to hell."
But at the time I didn't care. Mainly because, well, I didn't believe. NOW I care. I believe.
But also, my mom was saying that she didn't want me to go to hell, and I think I said (very regrettably now) something along the lines of "with all the suffering in the world and how He let's it happen, he's either not all loving or not all powerful" and then I think I said something about how I wouldn't want to be with a God like that. So if I remember correctly (This was a while ago) I basically said that (at the time) I didn't want God or anything like that. I don't think that I ever said that I rather have hell, but I may have or may have meant it by what I said before. I'd also say people were dumb for believing and stuff.

Anyway, I definitely don't feel that way now. I've accepted Jesus and I believe and I've asked for forgiveness for what I did when I said those things. But I fear that it's too late. The reason I began believing again in the first place was after I spoke to my Aunt about God (she is a heavy believer) I began to want to believe again. Shortly after I decided to believe, I was over come with terrible anxiety and OCD that everything I was doing was wrong.

Since then, I've been doing my best to follow the rules of God, but OCD and Anxiety plague my life and even though I want to get to a point where I follow God out of only love, right now it's being fueled by fear and anxiety. But I want to change.

I've heard people say that if I'm having anxiety over this, if I'm worried by it, that means that I haven't committed the sin because the Holy Spirit is still in my life. If He wasn't, I wouldn't care or worry.

But the thing is that at the time that I said those things I DIDN'T care. Mainly it was because I didn't believe. But still.

Yes, now I believe, but what if the reason I can only seem to believe right now out of fear is because God has left me? And the only reason why I have anxiety and care about this is because now I realize my fate? Anxiety over this has just popped up today and I've been believing for a couple weeks, but what if even past anxieties was because my soul knew that I have been damned? I have felt moments of happiness that I believed in God and even moments where I felt like He was there, but what if that was just breaks in my anxiety, or me unconsciously comforting myself?

I don't believe anymore what I said before. Before I didn't believe in God, but I still had the thoughts "Well if he does exist, he's gonna be mad at me." or "Well, if he does exist screw him anyway." Ect
But I feel like if I had actually, truly believed, like I do now, I wouldn't have meant it. It was because I didn't believe. I had thoughts that he MIGHT exist, which is why I said "Well if he does exist blah blah blah."
That's what I fear is going to get me sent to hell. Not necessarily not believing, or even saying f*** God, but saying "Well of he doesn't exist..."
Yeah, I really didn't believe that he did, which is why I said it, but even the idea that I might have even thought that he may exist and still said it, even though I mostly didn't believe, THAT'S what's gonna get me sent to hell.

I believe now. I do. I asked God for forgiveness. But I fear it may be too late.

Some have said that if you feel that way I felt before until the day you die, that's the unforgivable sin. If you never try to follow Him. But what if it isn't?

AmberB

Jesus Rocks My Socks
Oct 5, 2017
Clearwater
✟19,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And I have bad anxiety over it. But sometimes I'm calm. Is that God telling me it's okay? I fear it's because I don't care but I obviously do. Is it because my soul realizes that there is no hope so it's just "done" So to speak?
I'm having anxiety now though. But I fear that because I'm not completely losing my crap that's evidence that I don't care. But I do...

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
new-clothes-new-life-armor-of-god.jpg

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ephesians 6:10-18

Remember your Helmet and remember you Breastplate.

The moment you believed in Jesus you were sealed in Him.

John 3:16

Romans 8:38-39

Ephesians 1:12-14

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jesus' Girl
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
My name is Amber.

I was raised Christian, but even though I believed, I never really lived the life. I still didn't have doubt though, but I never really prayed or anything. Anyway, around a year ago, I just kind of... eased out of believing. I had fears over dying and the idea of nothing happening after death scared me so much. It got to the point where it was all I thought about when I thought about dying. Because of it, idk what really happened, but I just stopped believing. I didn't really just decided to renounce God, I just didn't think he existed anymore.

Now, I do believe in Him. Normally, I wouldn't think that I had committed the unforgivable sin, but what I did during me time of unbelief is what scares me.

I told people that I didn't believe he existed. Then once I was talking to my mother and I told her I didn't believe and she was not wanting me to say that and I said, "F*** God." And stuff.
Even that I believe is forgivable, but I thought to myself "If God DOES exist, I'm probably going to hell."
But at the time I didn't care. Mainly because, well, I didn't believe. NOW I care. I believe.
But also, my mom was saying that she didn't want me to go to hell, and I think I said (very regrettably now) something along the lines of "with all the suffering in the world and how He let's it happen, he's either not all loving or not all powerful" and then I think I said something about how I wouldn't want to be with a God like that. So if I remember correctly (This was a while ago) I basically said that (at the time) I didn't want God or anything like that. I don't think that I ever said that I rather have hell, but I may have or may have meant it by what I said before. I'd also say people were dumb for believing and stuff.

Anyway, I definitely don't feel that way now. I've accepted Jesus and I believe and I've asked for forgiveness for what I did when I said those things. But I fear that it's too late. The reason I began believing again in the first place was after I spoke to my Aunt about God (she is a heavy believer) I began to want to believe again. Shortly after I decided to believe, I was over come with terrible anxiety and OCD that everything I was doing was wrong.

Since then, I've been doing my best to follow the rules of God, but OCD and Anxiety plague my life and even though I want to get to a point where I follow God out of only love, right now it's being fueled by fear and anxiety. But I want to change.

I've heard people say that if I'm having anxiety over this, if I'm worried by it, that means that I haven't committed the sin because the Holy Spirit is still in my life. If He wasn't, I wouldn't care or worry.

But the thing is that at the time that I said those things I DIDN'T care. Mainly it was because I didn't believe. But still.

Yes, now I believe, but what if the reason I can only seem to believe right now out of fear is because God has left me? And the only reason why I have anxiety and care about this is because now I realize my fate? Anxiety over this has just popped up today and I've been believing for a couple weeks, but what if even past anxieties was because my soul knew that I have been damned? I have felt moments of happiness that I believed in God and even moments where I felt like He was there, but what if that was just breaks in my anxiety, or me unconsciously comforting myself?

I don't believe anymore what I said before. Before I didn't believe in God, but I still had the thoughts "Well if he does exist, he's gonna be mad at me." or "Well, if he does exist screw him anyway." Ect
But I feel like if I had actually, truly believed, like I do now, I wouldn't have meant it. It was because I didn't believe. I had thoughts that he MIGHT exist, which is why I said "Well if he does exist blah blah blah."
That's what I fear is going to get me sent to hell. Not necessarily not believing, or even saying f*** God, but saying "Well of he doesn't exist..."
Yeah, I really didn't believe that he did, which is why I said it, but even the idea that I might have even thought that he may exist and still said it, even though I mostly didn't believe, THAT'S what's gonna get me sent to hell.

I believe now. I do. I asked God for forgiveness. But I fear it may be too late.

Some have said that if you feel that way I felt before until the day you die, that's the unforgivable sin. If you never try to follow Him. But what if it isn't?
Dishonoring or taking God's Name in vain is a sin and violation of the first commandment, but is a forgivable sin (just as the violation of all the commandments is forgiven in the Lord Jesus). Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is rejecting and/or resisting the Holy Spirit and His grace. Since you're back with the Lord, you wouldn't have to worry about it. God bless :).

Upvote 0

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
My name is Amber.

Jesus loves you. Even during your doubtful sinful state, He loves you. Even while your anxiety and ocd is in full blown effect, Jesus loves you. At this very moment, He loves you. Nothing can separate you from His love. He knows your struggles, He hears your questions. You can rest assure that He is not surprised at how your reaction is for He knows your heart. Let Him love you, let go of the doubts and worries, just simply be at His presence and say, "Jesus, I surrender all of me. I'm not perfect and I have a lot to work on but I trust that You will help me overcome anything that hinders my walk with you. I repent of my sins and the wrong words I have spoken and I thank You for paying the ransom." Nothing is too hard for Him, He understands your heart and your desires and the struggles with faith.

Reactions: God is good
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Saving faith results in love and obedience to Christ.

John 14
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

James 2
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Pray for saving faith.

Christian 1 John 2_15-17.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jesus' Girl
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And I have bad anxiety over it. But sometimes I'm calm. Is that God telling me it's okay? I fear it's because I don't care but I obviously do. Is it because my soul realizes that there is no hope so it's just "done" So to speak?
I'm having anxiety now though. But I fear that because I'm not completely losing my crap that's evidence that I don't care. But I do...

"Dear God, If today I lose hope, please remind me that Your plans for me are better than my dreams."
- Author Unknown

Are you taking medication for anxiety? A doctor can prescribe some. Be sure to ask the doctor and follow his/her instructions. Don't try anything that isn't prescribed by your doctor.

Upvote 0

ub4me

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2005
USA
✟20,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Once you become a believer, all things are new. You are born again. Your sins are forgiven. God now sees you washed...through the cleansing blood of Jesus, that was shed for you.
You are not who you were!
Praise God and give Him glory for His tender mercies and Amazing grace

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Definitely not the unforgivable. Jesus said all manner of blasphemy will be forgiven, except blasphemy of the Spirit. There's a reason for that. The unforgivable does not consist of mere words. It is done will full knowledge and forethought. God is far better than your fears are painting Him to be. The Cross is the measuring stick of His love for you. Find the passages of assurance and keep feeding on them, until the Word becomes flesh. Jesus is not going to cast you away as long as you keep a sincere heart toward Him.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My name is Amber.

Hi my dear,

You ought to jump for joy! Why? Because you are already saved. As soon as you sincerely accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour, you belong to Him. You are already one of us here. Welcome. Now you are a new creation in Christ. All your sins are forgiven, because Jesus loves you and died a terrible death to give you the eternal life He promises.

Meanwhile, the Devil is jealous, and annoyed. He is putting doubt into your head, little whispers telling you that you are not worthy. Ignore him. You belong to Jesus now. Get on your knees and pray. Ask Jesus to protect and guide you in your life. Ask Him to grant you peace. Give to Him your worries and then relax. You are free to live joyfully now. It's that simple. Every worry, pray. Start by saying the Lord's Prayer, learn Psalm 23 and say it whenever anxiety strikes. Better than any drug.
You will be fine. You have God on your side, no human can harm you now. Nothing is too hard for Jesus to solve. X

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ps I too used to be the biggest idiot. I rejected God, I struggled on my own. For years I was depressed and life was empty and without purpose. Yet I have been forgiven. What a miracle! But our Lord is one of miracles.
Now each day is full of purpose and I have all that I need. You too can be peaceful and happy, if you have faith in Jesus and allow Him to lead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why are you thinking of death so much? Seems you are pre-occupied with it. Also don't worry about "all the suffering in the world". First off most of those you think are suffering are happier than many of us snd most don't have OCD. You would be amazed at the resilience of the human spirit when the chips are down.
Other than that pray for them give alms if you feel a need. Don't worry about "unforgiveable sins", that whole thing about the prodigal son and all.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MARK.3: =
22 And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, “He has Beelzebub,” and, “By the ruler of the demons He casts out demons.” .......

The Unpardonable Sin
28 “Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— 30 because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

The unpardonable sin is when someone accuses Jesus Christ as a mere man who was demon-possessed and was performing miracles, signs and wonders by the power of Satan or demons, like what the scribes and Pharisees did.(cf; JOHN.1:14, 1TIMOTHY.3:16)
... Unbelief or criticizing God is not an unpardonable sin/evil-deed.

Also, Christians will lose their salvation by renouncing God/Jesus(eg to save their own lives) or by renouncing or losing their faith(eg while suffering horribly for their own sins/evil-deeds like the wife of Job), eg by receiving the 'mark of the beast'(REV.13:11-18 & 14:9-11), ie soon, the world's government will require all to receive computer chip implants to buy and sell stuffs. Those who refuse will be prosecuted/persecuted and mocked or left to starve to death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Once you become a believer, all things are new. You are born again. Your sins are forgiven. God now sees you washed...through the cleansing blood of Jesus, that was shed for you.
You are not who you were!
Praise God and give Him glory for His tender mercies and Amazing grace
2 Corinthians 5.17:

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

• Winner
Reactions: ub4me
Upvote 0

AmberB

Jesus Rocks My Socks
Oct 5, 2017
Clearwater
✟19,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all very much. I feel much better. I know I'll never truly know my fate until I die, but I know that I believe in God now.

But I'm still struggling with the love God part and being genuine in that love. Most of what drives me right now is out of fear. I blame that on my anxiety and OCD, and the natural fear of Hell, but what if I don't feel the love yet because I'm unsaved and forever will be?

I WANT to feel that love. Of course intrusive thoughts tell me that I want to feel it to save myself and maybe that's partially true, but I am trying. I tend to pray too much (is that even a thing lol) as a result of my OCD and I'm trying stop, and so my prayers don't even feel genuine. And when I repent, I get intrusive thoughts saying, "You didn't have an overwhelming feeling of sorrow, you didn't feel sorry ENOUGH, you don't really mean it, you're just sorry because you don't want to go to hell, etc."

I know I've just started this journey and I can't expect things to happen over night. One wouldn't expect to fall in love with someone the day they met them. You have to get to know them first. I expect it's the same way with God and Jesus. I just fear that it will never change for me.

I want to be with Jesus, but right now it's sort of out of fear of Hell (which I imagine is natural) and I'm trying to change it. Sometimes though when I think of Jesus, I do get excited and I just want Him to hold me and tell me that He loves me. I still feel like that is even selfish because once again it's "I want him to tell me I'm doing well, etc", but I'm trying to get to know him so I can love him back just as much. I know this takes time, such as human nature. I just fear it will never happen with me and that when I'm judged God will say that I wasn't genuine enough even though I've tried all my life (well I plan to anyway).

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But I'm still struggling with the love God part and being genuine in that love. Most of what drives me right now is out of fear. I blame that on my anxiety and OCD, and the natural fear of Hell, but what if I don't feel the love yet because I'm unsaved and forever will be?
1Tim 1.7 says that God has not given us a spirit of fear. Malignant fear is never from God. His fear is clean, and has the well-defined purpose of keeping us away from harm, as you would feel if you got too close to the edge of a cliff. When there's no immediate need, the fear recedes.

Because of the nature of emotions, you shouldn't expect them to always feel settled when you're making progress. Quite the opposite, really. They need time to get used to their new surroundings. This is why Paul writes in Philippians 3 that he "presses on to the goal, for the prize of the high call of God in Christ Jesus." It takes effort. It can be uncomfortable. But we set our sights on the goal and push forward. In doing so, the prize we're after is higher pastures with the Lord. The beauty is that He wants us to achieve this even more than we do. Don't give up.

The problem is that we tend to engage in static analysis. We feel, "This is the way it is, and anything else is foreign and unsure." But the dynamic Paul outlines above is just that - dynamic. It looks to the goal, and moves forward in faith. After a while the new terrain will feel like home and you will never want to go back to the weak and beggarly ways of the past.

Hold fast to faith in God, and press forward as you can. The Author and Finisher of your faith will perfect what concerns you (Php 1.6).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: I'm_Sorry
Upvote 0