✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This will sound bizarre I know.

I was not fully asleep, and I was thinking about a sin but I knew it was wrong I sensed a warning to stop thinking about it. I thought about it too much and couldn't open my eyes, or move, I knew something bad was about to happen and I tried to say Jesus name but I couldn't. It was like I was stuck and an illusion was quickly forming into something I don't know how to explain it. I heard a frequency, and I was paralyzed in bed saying "Je, Je, Je, Jesus" trying to say Jesus name for this to stop I didn't want it to happen. Once I was able to say Jesus I was able to open my eyes after that the Holy Spirit convicted me and wipe the thoughts in my mind.

Demonic attack? I didn't feel comfortable sharing this, but this is real.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I was not fully asleep, and I was thinking about a sin but I knew it was wrong I sensed a warning to stop thinking about it. I thought about it too much and couldn't open my eyes, or move, I knew something bad was about to happen and I tried to say Jesus name but I couldn't. It was like I was stuck and an illusion was quickly forming into something I don't know how to explain it. I heard a frequency, and I was paralyzed in bed saying "Je, Je, Je, Jesus" trying to say Jesus name for this to stop I didn't want it to happen. Once I was able to say Jesus I was able to open my eyes after that the Holy Spirit convicted me and wipe the thoughts in my mind.

If we have any problems in our sleep then what is best to do is pray the blood of Jesus before we go to sleep. For example we can lay hands on our pillow and pray the blood of Jesus on the pillow and then we will not have any attacks from the enemy in our sleep.

Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe you had sleep paralysis which i also sometimes have. I will try and think of the Name of Jesus Christ in my thoughts until i am free and able to physically move my body. I also think that sleep paralysis is an attack of the enemy as ive observed quite a few strange things during that state which includes a high pitched frequency, demonic laughter, seeing a dark shadowy figure, feeling the weight of all these things around my body. Its a rare occurence now as i frequently pray before sleeping.

• Agree
Reactions: JorB2
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,944.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It was like I was stuck and an illusion was quickly forming into something I don't know how to explain it. I heard a frequency, and I was paralyzed in bed saying "Je, Je, Je, Jesus" trying to say Jesus name for this to stop I didn't want it to happen.

Happened to me a lot of times when I was younger. The ghostly dark shadow, the high pitched radio tone, and the enveloping silence and paralyzation. That's definitely it!

I also got scared (got afraid, feared) so easily by the paranormal or supernatural when I was younger.

When I got older and feared less, these occurrences became a lot less frequent.

I eventually got the point where I could simply look towards the apparent location of the demon (where the disturbance is occuring) and the demon would just run away or disappear.

I never get ghostly, evil, nor monster type nightmares anymore. My nightmares these days are mostly mundane - missed the deadline at work. But are extremely rare.

Be bold and courageous. Have no fear of anything, including death and anything supernatural. Probably the best advice I can give you.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe you had sleep paralysis which i also sometimes have. I will try and think of the Name of Jesus Christ in my thoughts until i am free and able to physically move my body. I also think that sleep paralysis is an attack of the enemy as ive observed quite a few strange things during that state which includes a high pitched frequency, demonic laughter, seeing a dark shadowy figure, feeling the weight of all these things around my body. Its a rare occurence now as i frequently pray before sleeping.

I had the high frequency, weighted feeling, and a something was starting to form. I tried to call the name Jesus and after a few seconds I was able to get the words out of my mouth and I was freed.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,944.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I keep getting these feelings of pulsating waves coming from my inner self. I get them when praying to Jesus too.

Is this the Holy Spirit inside? I kinda get spooked by it, but it feels a part of myself as well.

I get this too, even now, sometimes I think we're having an earthquake.

It's connected to my emotions. At intense levels, it will affect nearby electrical and electronic devices, sometimes, the range of effect going far and wide, disrupting the local power grid.

It will also affect information stored in digital binary format, causing corruption of digital data or even software. Sometimes, it is all that ever gets affected.

I had several dreams where I see myself floating and trying to get inside electronic devices and of course, what makes it super weird is that nearby or electronic devices I have used before, no matter where they are on the planet acts up whenever I'm experiencing strong emotions. Things are happening in real life, in relation to those strange dreams

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It sounds like a demonic attack to me. There are two things that could have happened.

a) The sin you were thinking about opened you up to attack, it could have been that you were wrong to think about the sin.

OR

b) Even though you were thinking about a sin, it was not to the level of requiring correction, and the devil just wants to put false guilt on you so attacked you.

Either of these things could be true.

Maybe ask God to clarify with you if the sin was the issue or not, pray for insight. Some times we can obsess over a thought that is not really our own, we can get overly worried about a thing. Other times we need to take captive our thoughts to make them obedient to Christ. However if you feel the thought is sin try to get rid of it.

• Agree
Reactions: Vicomte13
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I used to have those when I was a kid. I never once felt that they were a demon of any kind. I just felt that it was due to the dream I was having that paralyzed me, it's a nightmare. They gradually went away which is what I heard happens with sleep paralyzes. I was an angry child and was angry at God so I didn't think along the lines of calling on God at that time. In my dreams I was trying to scream, but couldn't. When my husband was dying at home I was trying to get him to give his heart to the Lord. All of a sudden, I felt fear--like something was there with us, it was angry-- I grabbed my bible and started reading, loudly. After a few minutes, it went away, it felt totally different from the attacks in my dreams. This was while I was wide awake. My husband did give his heart to the Lord before he died. I feel that it was Satan trying to take him before he could do that.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I remember when a Mormon missionary knocked on my door trying to recruit. I told them to go, and I felt a nasty spirit follow me and try to confuse me. I had mass waves of confusion that day and thought it was just in my head. It went away until I prayed to Jesus, and prayed for discernment of these familiar spirits (unclean).

• Informative
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember when a Mormon missionary knocked on my door trying to recruit. I told them to go, and I felt a nasty spirit follow me and try to confuse me. I had mass waves of confusion that day and thought it was just in my head. It went away until I prayed to Jesus, and prayed for discernment of these familiar spirits (unclean).

Hi John,

As Christian's it is common to experience these types of feelings. Especially if we are open to things like evangelism, witnessing, etc. Often when witnessing, or even just in general life, i can feel the spiritual environment around me. Often times God lets us in on this knowledge so we can pray for or help those who may be afflicted by sin and demons.

I was attacked in a similar way to what you mention just last night, when saying hello a a Muslim neighbor, an evil spirit attacked me, trying to make me feel inferior. I just ignored it, told it to go, and it left. As a Christian you have authority over these things. One of the fruits of the Spirit is peace, God wants us to have peace. If ever you feel attacked or struggling with a demon, claim the fact that God wants you blessed and at peace, and no demon has a right to you, and they will go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I was not fully asleep, and I was thinking about a sin but I knew it was wrong I sensed a warning to stop thinking about it

Yeah your mind was attacked. Calling on Jesus was absolutely the right thing to do.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well sure if you look at it from a non spiritual point of view its a "fairly well-understood neurological phenomenon". How then do you explain the multitudes of people that have experienced the demon sit on their chest and try to suffocate them? Mostly it appears in a shadow figure form or sometimes an old lady. I don't know what this guy experienced but I can tell you that full sleep paralysis is most certainly a demon.

Not everything is demonic. You'll find that quite a few things in life have completely mundane explanations.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0