• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I said no and i worry. calm me down

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i was watching a video on youtube. it had a song and wanted to search it. ocd made an hypothesis not to search the song due to a maybe promise to God not to search the song. I was in good mood and did not want to ruin it so i avoided searching it. I remembered it again, and wanted to search it because i felt not so good and wanted to feel free. ocd started making new worse hypothesis that after I avoided searching the song, maybe a new promise was made due to ocd dilemma that was about not to search the song. i do not remember. it is just ocd hypothesis. i tried to ignore it and searched the song and found it and heard it. i said no to my ocd. but i worry.

• Prayers
Reactions: LaSorcia

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i tried to ignore it
The Bible says to: "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you". (James 4:7) We are to humble ourself before God and then He will lift us up.

6But He gives us more grace. This is why it says: “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i was watching a video on youtube. it had a song and wanted to search it. ocd made an hypothesis not to search the song due to a maybe promise to God not to search the song. I was in good mood and did not want to ruin it so i avoided searching it. I remembered it again, and wanted to search it because i felt not so good and wanted to feel free. ocd started making new worse hypothesis that after I avoided searching the song, maybe a new promise was made due to ocd dilemma that was about not to search the song. i do not remember. it is just ocd hypothesis. i tried to ignore it and searched the song and found it and heard it. i said no to my ocd. but i worry.
Good job saying no to your OCD! Keep it up!

Upvote 0