Defender.

Mar 16, 2017
USA
✟13,674.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It first hit me at 27, ( now 37 ) for the life of me I could not remember my birthday or age. and I catch myself all the time having the same life goal thoughts that I had as a teen, then suddenly realizing, snap out of it that was over 20 years ago there not gona happen lol. but at the same time all the fun stuff I did when I was young I still do and there just as fun.Hope that makes me young at heart.

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It first hit me at 27, ( now 37 ) for the life of me I could not remember my birthday or age. and I catch myself all the time having the same life goal thoughts that I had as a teen, then suddenly realizing, snap out of it that was over 20 years ago there not gona happen lol. but at the same time all the fun stuff I did when I was young I still do and there just as fun.Hope that makes me young at heart.
I do things like that too, lol...I've got a good friend that in fact, I just had lunch with today...we've known each other since we were 13...we still like to get together occasionally and play guitar...and it never fails that one of us will say, "Man, we sound awesome! We should start a band!" Umm...priorities fellas, you're 36 not 16, hahahahaha

Reactions: Defender.
Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do things like that too, lol...I've got a good friend that in fact, I just had lunch with today...we've known each other since we were 13...we still like to get together occasionally and play guitar...and it never fails that one of us will say, "Man, we sound awesome! We should start a band!" Umm...priorities fellas, you're 36 not 16, hahahahaha

You could still start a band just for fun. Who says you should stop trying to do what you had in mind when you were younger just because you now have become older in age?

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know many likes to think they are getting old just because they listen to music which isn't as hip or trendy nowadays, though couldn't it just be that one knows for sure what music one likes? When one is younger is easier listening to a lot of music just because it is a lot heard in the radio or just listening to what most other people your age listens to, or what your friends are listening to?

I think what made me realize I was getting older is the sign of wrinkles and less elasticity in some face areas, and seeing as well as knowing most people my age has gotten a family and seemes to have settled well into life with career, house, car, e.t.c... I still feel very energetic for my age, I can also feel like a child which is put into a grown up body. Haha! :) I also don't feel like I fit being into the age I am in now, I can look at a lot of the people being my age and feel like they are older than me. Still, I don't feel like I fit being with much younger people than me either, and I do have some friends who are around my age. I am just not very typical for what is seen as acceptable and best fit for when you have reached the 30s, I still want to laugh and have fun. And keep on learning as well as feeling more alive, like a child I want to keep on exploring and revive up the senses given to me.

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You could still start a band just for fun. Who says you should stop trying to do what you had in mind when you were younger just because you now have become older in age?
It would be fun...it's hard to coordinate our schedules though, we live an hour away from one another now, so we only get together once every couple of months at this point. It is fun to dream though, lol.

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know many likes to think they are getting old just because they listen to music which isn't as hip or trendy nowadays, though couldn't it just be that one knows for sure what music one likes? When one is younger is easier listening to a lot of music just because it is a lot heard in the radio or just listening to what most other people your age listens to, or what your friends are listening to?

I think what made me realize I was getting older is the sign of wrinkles and less elasticity in some face areas, and seeing as well as knowing most people my age has gotten a family and seemes to have settled well into life with career, house, car, e.t.c... I still feel very energetic for my age, I can also feel like a child which is put into a grown up body. Haha! :) I also don't feel like I fit being into the age I am in now, I can look at a lot of the people being my age and feel like they are older than me. Still, I don't feel like I fit being with much younger people than me either, and I do have some friends who are around my age. I am just not very typical for what is seen as acceptable and best fit for when you have reached the 30s, I still want to laugh and have fun. And keep on learning as well as feeling more alive, like a child I want to keep on exploring and revive up the senses given to me.
All joking aside, it does make me feel old to know that my children are almost 13...that sometimes after doing hard physical labor my back is not as user friendly as it once was...and if I drink too much the hangovers hurt more than they use to. I've gotten to the point where if I have more than two or three drinks I feel miserable the next day...though that could possibly be God saying, "Don't do that!" LOL, I don't know.

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm 52, don't feel it or look it (everyone says that to me). But yeah, when the oldies station plays Boston, Aerosmith, Van Halen and the like, your realize, WOW some years have crept by pretty fast!

I'm still so young at heart though, still working at the comic book store at night after my day job, just for the fun of it!

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm 52, don't feel it or look it (everyone says that to me). But yeah, when the oldies station plays Boston, Aerosmith, Van Halen and the like, your realize, WOW some years have crept by pretty fast!

I'm still so young at heart though, still working at the comic book store at night after my day job, just for the fun of it!
Yes! I have no plans of ever growing up, mentally...grown ups are boring LOL. That's what is funny to me...I can remember being a teenager and looking at someone in their 30s or 40s and thinking how "old" they were, mature, stoic, whatever...I don't want to be like that, nor do I feel like that...I'm the same goofball I was 20 years ago, and hope to be the same 20 years from now.

I guess some let the pressure of their responsibilities kill their spirit...but I just wanna be a duck.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be fun...it's hard to coordinate our schedules though, we live an hour away from one another now, so we only get together once every couple of months at this point. It is fun to dream though, lol.

Ah, then I get it. A pity you live so far away, and well, life can get really busy too if you both have your own families as well as work.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All joking aside, it does make me feel old to know that my children are almost 13...that sometimes after doing hard physical labor my back is not as user friendly as it once was...and if I drink too much the hangovers hurt more than they use to. I've gotten to the point where if I have more than two or three drinks I feel miserable the next day...though that could possibly be God saying, "Don't do that!" LOL, I don't know.

Ah, yeah... It might feel different when you have children, then you notice the age differences more clearly too. ;) :ahah:I have also become more healthy based. Sometimes it is nice with candy, chocolate and salty snacks(chips, pringles, e.t.c...), but it doesn't take too long before I feel unhealthy and then I don't want to eat more. :eek::D

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ah, yeah... It might feel different when you have children, then you notice the age differences more clearly too. ;) :ahah:I have also become more healthy based. Sometimes it is nice with candy, chocolate and salty snacks(chips, pringles, e.t.c...), but it doesn't take too long before I feel unhealthy and then I don't want to eat more. :eek::D

My kids are 22 and 18 now, I am like, "How am I old enough to have kids that old???!!!???"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
When I turned on the Classic Rock station and heard Stone Temple Pilots singing Vaseline...

Anyone else had an experience like this since hitting your 30s?

It's happened to me as well, hah! I chuckled about it the first time it happened to me, and for a brief moment I thought "this is what my Dad must've felt like". I welcome the future, and look forward to hopefully becoming wiser, and shaking my fist when kids walk on my lawn.

It doesn't bother me as I realize it's the natural order of things, but it definitely happened faster than I ever thought it would. Time flies man.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I listen to music of generations from WW2 up to Lady Gaga, lol!

Although I was born 1981, I feel extremely nostalgic of the music during WW2 up to the 60's. It was a glorious era, the forging of the human spirit and taking our very first steps to the stars!

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had a similar thing happen when I heard Alice in Chains and Metallica play on the classic rock station. But instead of thinking I was getting old, I just thought it was about time they considered those bands classic. What's sad is that all top three bands from the grunge area have had their frontmen commit suicide now. What's next?

Upvote 0