Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I wanted to try to have a good relationship with God but there are some things that I can't be at complete peace with.

A relationship with God is entirely on his terms. Total surrender.

Upvote 0

ISteveB

Sep 17, 2020
Northern Nevada
✟25,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Despite the current events going on right now (which for the record I see them as bad things), I hope this is not the end times because I am only 30 and I want to grow to be at least as old as my parent's generation is right now and have the current bad conditions recede instead. I also a lot of times hated when I was born. I want to have a long material existence, I want to do things like marry or find a girlfriend, have sex, perhaps kids, job, etc. those kind of milestones. My parents got to do these, but if the end times happens, I won't. Why can't God change or do certain favors for his people at least once in a while? Why must he be never-changing?
Hi.

Jesus said that the time would come when we least expect it, and it would come as a snare to all those who dwell on the face of the earth.

We further read that our lives are like a vapor, or a blade of grass. Vapors are wisps, that vanish with the rising sun that brings the heat, and the grass that is cut, and dries quickly.

As such, many of us who follow Jesus began to follow him in our younger days when we too had a future ahead of us and wanted a better life for ourselves.

In learning the gospel, we have seen that Jesus warned that life is short, and there are no guarantees of wealth, health or success.

We are guaranteed only the breath and heartbeat we have in this moment.

We will however live forever, in one place or the other.

Jesus died to pay the penalty for all sin. To cleanse us from our sin.

Jesus said,

What will it benefit you if you gain the whole world and lose your soul?

What is the price you're willing to give in exchange for your soul?

Come follow Jesus. He said that he has come to give you life, and that more abundantly.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A relationship with God is entirely on his terms. Total surrender.
Then I don't have completely free will. What is the point if I go to eternal torment if I chose not to totally surrender.

What if I don't want to be part of God's plan at all? He brought us into this world without our choosing to be so and created the human race as separate individual units, yet He wants us to surrender our own selves to Him completely and at the end of that life we are judged either with eternal Heaven or eternal Hell based on how we performed and our faith. Nor do we get to entirely have control over our lot in this specific lifetime either.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Despite the current events going on right now (which for the record I see them as bad things), I hope this is not the end times because I am only 30 and I want to grow to be at least as old as my parent's generation is right now and have the current bad conditions recede instead. I also a lot of times hated when I was born. I want to have a long material existence, I want to do things like marry or find a girlfriend, have sex, perhaps kids, job, etc. those kind of milestones. My parents got to do these, but if the end times happens, I won't. Why can't God change or do certain favors for his people at least once in a while? Why must he be never-changing?

No one is praying that the current evil in the world continues... Every Christian hopes that we get beyond all this

However, at the same time we are prepared at any moment to meet our Lord. The end of time is today for someone, and you never know when your end may be.

You, at the age of 30 have outlived my daughter by 7 years. She died of cancer just after her 23rd birthday. We celebrated her birthday with her, while she was in the hospital dying.

You just never know.

At the same time, if you're in a positive place with God spiritually (ie you're saved and growing in Christ) then look for a positive future here on earth. There's nothing saying anyone on this earth knows when tomorrow will end, even the Angels don't know.

So live as If your entire life is before you, and have peace in Christ. :)

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What if I don't want to be part of God's plan at all?

Unfortunately you have two choices, to follow God or not to follow God.

Either there is a universal standard of right and wrong or morality is what society makes it.

Which do you prefer, a orld where expediency is right or one where you know you are doing wrong?

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately you have two choices, to follow God or not to follow God.

Either there is a universal standard of right and wrong or morality is what society makes it.

Which do you prefer, a orld where expediency is right or one where you know you are doing wrong?

If Heaven or Hell are my absolutely only two options, I'll choose to be in Heaven rather than Hell, but I don't feel good about Heaven either. Sure, I know everyone will see family and friends up there and a whole bunch of other stuff which will be good, but besides that several things will also be taken away from us, like sexuality where God wants the equivalent to us being neutered asexuals. And I am celibate right now, but I desire to have an opposite sex companion and an attractive one that might on this earth actually be a dream anyway. Where is mine? What about the Bible saying the desires of our hearts being fulfilled? You can say about it whatever you want, but finally being able to have the dream or desire of literally having a girl that I can do all this stuff and bond with will help bring me to peace.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'll choose to be in Heaven rather than Hell, but I don't feel good about Heaven

There is a condition to getting in to heaven.That you are a follower of Jesus.

What is heaven like? We don't really know, what we have are word pictures describing something in familiar terms.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Speaking of the girl thing though, apparently there is no sexuality or sexual feelings in Heaven anymore, so if girls considered you a creep down here, you are still going to miss that for eternity.
I don't know of any that consider me specifically to be a creep. I was more referring to the distancing that goes on among people in general and among women keeping their distance from men. In heaven there would be no more need for that. As to sexuality in heaven, I guess you have more information on that than I do.

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2022
Bradenton
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
VCR-2000 - Personally, I almost died of liquor poisoning before turning 30. I was backslidden, but I called out to God, "I want to live, I want to live!" I woke up with the Bible on my chest after a night at home with no dinner and only Brandy liquor in my system. After the weekend passed on Monday my boss moved me from a position at the job a held for months and moved me to a department where there was a minister who seemed to know me and my problems, whose church I gave in to and went, He said one day, I have held your had now since the day you asked for help now it's time for you to let go and walk with God. And I did, he said if I stay here in the city I would die. So, I went with the affiliated church over 200 miles from home and moved away from the city, lived with Christian brothers, met the girl to be my wife and have been married to her over 33 years. Get out and seek the Lord. Go. DL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I should have said this earlier on, but we were born for times like these. We can rise to the occasion with the grace of God to be giants among the servants of God. God saw this all coming. And we are here to rise to the occasion.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are many good thoughts shared on this, friend; and I hope you will value the coming of the Lord Jesus for His "bride" (the universal Church --called out company of God). I much hope you are saved for eternity now (as John 3; John 14; Romans 8; etc.) for without the Lord Jesus in our heart we will have no part in our Creator-God; and face a lost eternity under severe judgment (as you may well know).
I see that the end and calling up ('rapture') of the Church is VERY near; and personally doubt the saints of God will be here on earth more than just a few more years at most. This I have learned on all prophesy shown in our Bible. I can speak further on that privately at Conversation page.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
From a Christian perspective 'end times' doesn't mean literally the end of time. It simply means the end of the current age. We're all supposed to live like we'll potentially die tomorrow (which could happen) and be personally prepared spiritually. What we shouldn't do is get bogged down with anxiety, depression, and give up because the world is going through an upheaval. Christ is our hope and that gives me a sense of calm in the face of whatever life throws at me. Not one of us can say you won't live a long life. We have no way of knowing how things will go for you.

• Agree
Reactions: 1watchman
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
4b64879521a62d28f87cb196b969c9d6.jpg

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This has been a strange post from the beginning! If our friend: VCR, is worried only about dying without having a fun life, he is totally missing salvation of his soul in Jesus Christ. Apparently he is not interested in salvation of his soul or obeying God, but just having much fun and blessing in his future here on earth.

God says: "ye must be born again" ---which is found in our New Testament of the Holy Bible (note John 3; John 14; John 17; Rom. 8; Gal. 3; etc). Without Jesus Christ in our heart, we will NOT be in Heaven when we leave this earth. A true Christian will be blessed and helped WHEN they trust, walk, and talk with the Lord Jesus! I hope dear VCR begins reading the Holy Bible Gospels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This has been a strange post from the beginning! If our friend: VCR, is worried only about dying without having a fun life, he is totally missing salvation of his soul in Jesus Christ. Apparently he is not interested in salvation of his soul or obeying God, but just having much fun and blessing in his future here on earth.

God says: "ye must be born again" ---which is found in our New Testament of the Holy Bible (note John 3; John 14; John 17; Rom. 8; Gal. 3; etc). Without Jesus Christ in our heart, we will NOT be in Heaven when we leave this earth. A true Christian will be blessed and helped WHEN they trust, walk, and talk with the Lord Jesus! I hope dear VCR begins reading the Holy Bible Gospels.

I think people look forward more to living life when they are young because they see that there are experiences to be had in life. Older people can become jaded and feel like they've seen and experienced pretty much all there is and are ready to check out, especially as they see loved ones die, and start seeing their own body starting to give out. When I was much younger, I was scared to death of all the end times prophecies and how it looked like they were about to happen. It's still scary, but I see it in a different way now.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think people look forward more to living life when they are young because they see that there are experiences to be had in life. Older people can become jaded and feel like they've seen and experienced pretty much all there is and are ready to check out, especially as they see loved ones die, and start seeing their own body starting to give out. When I was much younger, I was scared to death of all the end times prophecies and how it looked like they were about to happen. It's still scary, but I see it in a different way now.

Yes, it is sad that young peope (and many older too) often 'look forward MORE to living life' as you say, than 'looking up' and having their eternal soul saved ---that is where we find peace and comfort. Christians need to preach the Gospel to all seekers (as John 3; John 14; Rom. 8; 1 Jn. 5:10-12; etc.). We might die before tomorrow! Where are we looking?

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yeah, and what makes it harder for me is that assuming I did go to Heaven I still can't replicate what I wanted to experience (no boyfriend/girlfriend relationship or sexuality, no secular items, etc.) Sometimes I can't help but feel like Heaven really must be a 'boring' place and for it to not be 'boring ' I need to change my desires so I'm effectively not me anymore.

I think my main fear is loss of experience, not really Jesus, God, and Heaven. Jesus is awesome. Sorry because my views come across as blasphemous.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it is sad that young peope (and many older too) often 'look forward MORE to living life' as you say, than 'looking up' and having their eternal soul saved ---that is where we find peace and comfort. Christians need to preach the Gospel to all seekers (as John 3; John 14; Rom. 8; 1 Jn. 5:10-12; etc.). We might die before tomorrow! Where are we looking?

I understand what you mean in a spiritual sense, but in a practical sense, people naturally choose to live. I always ask people who say they have no fear of death and are anxious to be with Christ in Heaven that if I were to dunk their head into a barrel of water and not let them out, would they just wait until their breath runs out and drown, or would they eventually struggle and kick and claw at me with all their strength to force me to let go of them until they either drown or manage to break free. The answer is always that they would fight to break free.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, and what makes it harder for me is that assuming I did go to Heaven I still can't replicate what I wanted to experience (no boyfriend/girlfriend relationship or sexuality, no secular items, etc.) Sometimes I can't help but feel like Heaven really must be a 'boring' place and for it to not be 'boring ' I need to change my desires so I'm effectively not me anymore.

I think my main fear is loss of experience, not really Jesus, God, and Heaven. Jesus is awesome. Sorry because my views come across as blasphemous.

Not really. We are embedded with a natural desire to live, to experience, to learn and to grow. The physical life we have is what we know. A willingness to let it go when God tells us to is something He puts into us when the time comes. But He's usually not telling us to die at any given time.

I understand how Heaven can sometimes seem "boring" when it's described. We've never been there to actually experience it. When we read in scripture that it's beyond what we can imagine, and that there's no sadness or pain or death, it's hard to naturally comprehend.

Upvote 0