Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not really. We are embedded with a natural desire to live, to experience, to learn and to grow. The physical life we have is what we know. A willingness to let it go when God tells us to is something He puts into us when the time comes. But He's usually not telling us to die at any given time.

I understand how Heaven can sometimes seem "boring" when it's described. We've never been there to actually experience it. When we read in scripture that it's beyond what we can imagine, and that there's no sadness or pain or death, it's hard to naturally comprehend.
Can God show me something in Heaven that would be equivalent to what I can already naturally comprehend here?

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If one does not read and value the Holy Bible and the New Testament promises for us now, then they can just go on rejecting God's "so great salvation" in His "..beloved Son"; and will then perish when they die ---and that could be suddenly: even today. Do you expect to go on that reckless way: VCR, and die without Jesus Christ (as John 3; John 14; John 17; Romans 8; etc.) tells us? It is a choice, so choose wisely now!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can God show me something in Heaven that would be equivalent to what I can already naturally comprehend here?

Well, there are things we experience here that are what we'll experience in Heaven that are also here. Love is what God Himself is, and we experience that here. When you love, or are loved, it is a part of Heaven that God allows you to experience now. In Heaven, there is much more of it to where you are surrounded by it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1watchman
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A relationship with God is entirely on his terms. Total surrender.
True! and that means also to take "all the counsel of God"; "rightly dividing the Word of Truth". That also includes the Old Testament which speaks of creation, history, the religion of Israel, and foretelling the truth in Jesus Christ as in the New Testament. Our Lord Jesus fulfulls ALL God's promises. I expect His return in a few more years now, as foretold in the Gospels and OT promises.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Funny, because the Christian country that many people live in today was originally founded on the idea of living on independent terms and self-determination.

But, imagine this existence where everybody and everything was perfect, and in the sense there was no slight risk, no variation or adventure to things. Everyone and everything is the same, everyone is the same color of skin and hair, same height and weight, same status and social life, same same same. Not even the most tiny pinch from a needle. Why even exist then? And if I have that kind of reservation, then I deserve to go to all-suffering Hell instead? What kind of choice is that? I want to keep some of who I am as a person. I want to have adventure, I want to still pursue things that I wanted to do here but was prevented because of something or other. How is this perfection (if it is in the sense I just described) really different from the idea of communism? Most true Christians hate the idea of communism here.

But to be a believer and follower I'm supposed to look forward and enjoy this assumed existence?

Upvote 0

IntriKate

Nov 23, 2019
✟105,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can anyone who has experienced Gods presence, the Holy Spirit ever say they were bored in that moment? Because to me Heaven is a completion of that feeling and all the fleshy earthly desires will pass away as well.
God created us, he made our earth perfect paradise for us. So why even worry that he wouldn't make the new earth even more amazing. He knows our needs, desires he loves us and as a Father will make us overjoyed at what he has prepared with him in Heaven.
We should be focusing on building a relationship with Jesus, not worrying about things which are redundant if you dont get to Heaven in the first place.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, there is litlle more we can say for you, VCR, if you do not want the Lord Jesus in your life and heart, as your Savior for Heaven and 'best Friend' here our little while on earth. I will pray for you now.
I can only hope and pray you will wake up to reality as God intends in His Holy "word of truth": our Holy Bible. Any of us may not be alive tomorrow, so NOW is the urgent time to come to our Creator-God as He is calling us; see John 3; John 14; John 17; etc..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
I meant to say that as in there will be no women or courtship as it is experienced down here at all. Jesus even says in Matthew 22:30 that there will be no marrying or giving in marriage. The exact context of that may be debated but besides that the church and the majority of it's lay people have indicated authoritatively the negative case.

The Holy Spirit satisfies all things.

Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Well, there is litlle more we can say for you, VCR, if you do not want the Lord Jesus in your life and heart, as your Savior for Heaven and 'best Friend' here our little while on earth. I will pray for you now.
I can only hope and pray you will wake up to reality as God intends in His Holy "word of truth": our Holy Bible. Any of us may not be alive tomorrow, so NOW is the urgent time to come to our Creator-God as He is calling us; see John 3; John 14; John 17; etc..

For VCR:
God works in mysterious ways but He will not strive with man forever. The state of the world reflects the state of man and unfortunately the majority of mankind is rejecting His salvation. God says He will give them over to a debased mind because that's what they want. He wont force a free creature to do something, otherwise it wouldn't be free. You have to choose to want to be saved and you will receive eternal life. You have to choose the hand God extends to you. Its worth it. The material things of this world are not worth it. They will just rust and fade away and they will never satisfy you. The Holy Spirit is what every man is searching for and the only thing that will satisfy your soul, and He will never leave you. You have to make the choice. God will not force Himself on you that's not how he works. He wants a relationship with you. He knows your weak and He is the strong one. He is what you need. When you begin a relationship with Him, you will inherit all things and He will teach you all things. Its pretty cool man and worth it. Come join the family of God!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Despite the current events going on right now (which for the record I see them as bad things), I hope this is not the end times because I am only 30 and I want to grow to be at least as old as my parent's generation is right now and have the current bad conditions recede instead. I also a lot of times hated when I was born. I want to have a long material existence, I want to do things like marry or find a girlfriend, have sex, perhaps kids, job, etc. those kind of milestones. My parents got to do these, but if the end times happens, I won't. Why can't God change or do certain favors for his people at least once in a while? Why must he be never-changing?
When I was in high school people thought something was going to happen in 1984 because of Orwell's book. There was a book and then a movie called The Late Great Planet Earth. Then someone wrote a book called 88 Reasons Christ Will Return in 88. When that didn't happen he said he missed it by 1 year and wrote 89 Reasons Christ Will Return in 89. Then there were some saying the rapture would happen in 1993 then the 7 year tribulation period and the end would come in 2000. Then there was Y2K and we all saw what happened with that. Jesus said no man knows the day and the hour and that only the Father knows so I wouldn't be too worried about it. Jehovah's Witnesses used to teach that when their membership reached 144,000 the world would end. When that didn't happen they had to change their position. So live your life to the fullest and if you are saved the end will just be a new beginning for you and greater things await.

Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Despite the current events going on right now (which for the record I see them as bad things), I hope this is not the end times because I am only 30 and I want to grow to be at least as old as my parent's generation is right now and have the current bad conditions recede instead. I also a lot of times hated when I was born. I want to have a long material existence, I want to do things like marry or find a girlfriend, have sex, perhaps kids, job, etc. those kind of milestones. My parents got to do these, but if the end times happens, I won't. Why can't God change or do certain favors for his people at least once in a while? Why must he be never-changing?
The bible says when Israel is back in the land "look up for your redemption draws nigh." They (Israel) were scattered throughout the whole world for almost 2000 years, (bible predicted), and they regained their land and independence in ONE day, which the Bible also predicted, (in 1948). Israel is the time piece for bible prophecy and world events. You want Jesus in your heart. Jehoshua in Hebrew. Yeshuah Hamashiach.

If you want I can lead you to some pretty cool science and archaeological information that would not be possible apart from Gods creation.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Funny, because the Christian country that many people live in today was originally founded on the idea of living on independent terms and self-determination.

But, imagine this existence where everybody and everything was perfect, and in the sense there was no slight risk, no variation or adventure to things. Everyone and everything is the same, everyone is the same color of skin and hair, same height and weight, same status and social life, same same same. Not even the most tiny pinch from a needle. Why even exist then? And if I have that kind of reservation, then I deserve to go to all-suffering Hell instead? What kind of choice is that? I want to keep some of who I am as a person. I want to have adventure, I want to still pursue things that I wanted to do here but was prevented because of something or other. How is this perfection (if it is in the sense I just described) really different from the idea of communism? Most true Christians hate the idea of communism here.

But to be a believer and follower I'm supposed to look forward and enjoy this assumed existence?

What makes you think everyone will be exactly the same in Heaven, or that there will be no adventure to things?

Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single

VCR - you're free to go ahead and do the things you always dreamed of doing but I guarantee you, the end of those things will leave you feeling empty, alone and unsatisfied. Some people need to go that way to find out they need Jesus. I don't recommend it, but you are free to make that choice. And your free to accept Him now and be spared all that hell.

19" And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful." Mark 4:19

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
ON THE OTHER HAND ... I'd get to see God. Show stopper right there. I'd get all my questions answered. I'd have no pain. I'd get to meet relatives. I'd get to meet my granddaughter, the one that miscarried. I'd get to sing again. I suspect there would be unspoiled coral reefs I could snorkel through for days. Shoot, for years. No taxes. No checkout lanes. Pretty girls you could actually talk to without them thinking you were a creep. Long conversations with craft beers and perfect wines. No pandemics. No car troubles. I say bring it on. Come Lord Jesus. Is tonight too soon?

Excellent post. Jesus is the answer. He tells us in Scripture over and over again to not worry, but to cast your fears on his yoke. Life is hard, God is good, and Heaven is real. I wasn't always a Christian despite being raised in a church, but now I'm in Seminary, and have been a Christian for over 30 years, so can I answer any questions?

I thought before about how much I'd have to give up to be a Christian. What I found I gave up was fear, depression, anxiety, and doubt. What I gave up was piddly compared to what I got in return. Paul tells us that these troubles are incomparible to what awaits us.

Upvote 0