Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Despite the current events going on right now (which for the record I see them as bad things), I hope this is not the end times because I am only 30 and I want to grow to be at least as old as my parent's generation is right now and have the current bad conditions recede instead. I also a lot of times hated when I was born. I want to have a long material existence, I want to do things like marry or find a girlfriend, have sex, perhaps kids, job, etc. those kind of milestones. My parents got to do these, but if the end times happens, I won't. Why can't God change or do certain favors for his people at least once in a while? Why must he be never-changing?

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Despite the current events going on right now (which for the record I see them as bad things), I hope this is not the end times because I am only 30 and I want to grow to be at least as old as my parent's generation is right now and have the current bad conditions recede instead. I also a lot of times hated when I was born. I want to have a long material existence, I want to do things like marry or find a girlfriend, have sex, perhaps kids, job, etc. those kind of milestones. My parents got to do these, but if the end times happens, I won't. Why can't God change or do certain favors for his people at least once in a while? Why must he be never-changing?
ON THE OTHER HAND ... I'd get to see God. Show stopper right there. I'd get all my questions answered. I'd have no pain. I'd get to meet relatives. I'd get to meet my granddaughter, the one that miscarried. I'd get to sing again. I suspect there would be unspoiled coral reefs I could snorkel through for days. Shoot, for years. No taxes. No checkout lanes. Pretty girls you could actually talk to without them thinking you were a creep. Long conversations with craft beers and perfect wines. No pandemics. No car troubles. I say bring it on. Come Lord Jesus. Is tonight too soon?

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
I want to do things like marry or find a girlfriend, have sex, perhaps kids, job, etc. those kind of milestones.

you maybe need to reconsider

life has higher and more meaningful goals

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ON THE OTHER HAND ... I'd get to see God. Show stopper right there. I'd get all my questions answered. I'd have no pain. I'd get to meet relatives. I'd get to meet my granddaughter, the one that miscarried. I'd get to sing again. I suspect there would be unspoiled coral reefs I could snorkel through for days. Shoot, for years. No taxes. No checkout lanes. Pretty girls you could actually talk to without them thinking you were a creep. Long conversations with craft beers and perfect wines. No pandemics. No car troubles. I say bring it on. Come Lord Jesus. Is tonight too soon?
Speaking of the girl thing though, apparently there is no sexuality or sexual feelings in Heaven anymore, so if girls considered you a creep down here, you are still going to miss that for eternity.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
If God changed, He would not be God.

God is being merciful and gracious all the time. Who do you think keeps humanity from self destructing now? The US built an H bomb that was 2-1/2 times as powerful as predicted. That kind of mistake could kill millions if it happened in the wrong place. Who stopped the US/Europe and USSR going to war after WW2? There were some gung ho Generals who wanted to nuke China, Korea and the USSR. That was before much was known about radiation and such. There is no such thing as coincidence. God is far more active in world affairs than most people realise.

We don't know how long is left. I think we should live today as if Jesus comes tomorrow, but plan our future as if it is still 100 years away. I got that from Bayless Conley, who has a pragmatic approach to the last days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My parents got to do these, but if the end times happens, I won't.

Get moving then. The world didn't end yesterday. Weather forecast is no apocalypse today; it's been accurate for 2,000 years (depending on your geographic location... sorry Pompeii!) Bring an umbrella, just in case.

Why can't God change or do certain favors for his people at least once in a while?

What favor were you looking for? That the sun would come up this morning? Done. Gravity is still working, Light is still working, Love is still working. If something's not working, it's Us.

if girls considered you a creep down here, you are still going to miss that for eternity.

That's one thing I definitely won't miss.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I suspect there would be unspoiled coral reefs

A glorified coral reef would be a wonderful thing...

No pandemics. No car troubles.

No lies, no confusion, no darkness, no illness
Revelation
A glorified Peace would be a wonderful thing
To know Truth
And to be True

Beyond that, I don't know...
Pick a Star far from the others
(there are plenty to choose from)
And reset me there a new Adam in the Garden
With the girl of my rib
(you know the one, I know the one, we all know the one)
And I promise...
The first snake I see
I will break it's neck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I used to hope and pray the end times weren't around the corner back in the 80s.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,961.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
The end times use to scare me since renewed my faith in Jesus i have no more fear for i know that he loves us all .i was lost but Jesus found me and he will take me home in heaven with him and he will take us home in heaven those who are faithful

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hope this is not the end times

Interesting everything you want is materialistic, based purely on this life.
There is no mention of the judgement day, or of what follows, but given you aren't aChristian is understandable.

A question for you.

Why do you not want to know God now?

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Why don't you want the end times to happen, don't you want Jesus to come back? Because things will only get worse the closer we are to His return. Yes, just because things are getting worse, doesn't mean He is about to come, but things will definitely be worse just before He comes. Not because I said so but because God said so. And Jesus said the tribulations will be worse than they have ever been and ever will be (Matthew 24:21).

This reminds me of the many Christians that say that they do not have time for Jesus' return because *insert an excuse* (usually because they still have to preach). Only bad servants say that they don't have the time for their Lord.

What you mean why He doesn't do certain favours for us? Isn't Him giving up His glory in Heaven and suffering horribly and dying for you enough? What more do you want? Even if you suffered for the rest of the life...sorry but why do any of us deserve anything good from God. Give me one good reason. He gives you fresh air to breath, a heart that's beating, a life to live, a family to love, a place to live, He sends sun and rain so we have food. What more does He have to do?
And besides He knows the best, because He knows it all, so why do you want to change His mind? Do you want Him to do less than the best?

The Lord said in Genesis 6 that we are so evil that He regrets creating us, yet He somehow out of His love saved us. Is that not enough for you?

And who are you to question God and tell Him what He should do. God can do what ever He wants, as He pleases. He can send the flood that wipes all but 8 people, He can harden Pharaoh's heart for His glory and miracles, He can send a deceiving Spirit to deceive someone. We don't have to understand why, all we have to understand that He is sovereign and can do as He pleases. Yes, it will hurt sometimes, but we should still give Him glory.

Sorry for being so harsh. I know what I wrote is a difficult read. I my self was constantly fighting with these things, because I drew an image of God in my head of what He can do and cannot do, and God shattered this image. We often, including my self, are too proud and say to the Lord 'how can you do this and that' and we are telling God what He ought to do or not to do. But who can tell Him what to do? No one. When people do, He probably laughs, and does what He wants, and no one can do about it, because well He is God and everything He does is for His glory.

When you see this, and you yield to God, and give Him glory, then you truly are His child and He is your God, and you will see His love even more.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Get moving then. The world didn't end yesterday. Weather forecast is no apocalypse today; it's been accurate for 2,000 years (depending on your geographic location... sorry Pompeii!) Bring an umbrella, just in case.

What favor were you looking for? That the sun would come up this morning? Done. Gravity is still working, Light is still working, Love is still working. If something's not working, it's Us.

That's one thing I definitely won't miss.
I meant to say that as in there will be no women or courtship as it is experienced down here at all. Jesus even says in Matthew 22:30 that there will be no marrying or giving in marriage. The exact context of that may be debated but besides that the church and the majority of it's lay people have indicated authoritatively the negative case.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting everything you want is materialistic, based purely on this life.
There is no mention of the judgement day, or of what follows, but given you aren't aChristian is understandable.

A question for you.

Why do you not want to know God now?
Well, I wanted to try to have a good relationship with God but there are some things that I can't be at complete peace with.

Upvote 0