Chicago
✟10,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I had the same hatred against liberals. I dropped my association with politics and stopped watching the news over a long period of time. I realized that both sides of the news (Fox vs. Cnn) constantly lie. If you believe in the biblical Satan, he would surely be pulling the strings on all this political garbage.
It's impossible not to be affected.
I'm unaffected. I don't allow myself to be affected by detaching from politics.

You can get technical and argue that I am affected, but you would have to acknowledge the reverse, i.e., if the opposite party was in control, they would have things affecting me as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I had the same hatred against liberals. I dropped my association with politics and stopped watching the news over a long period of time. I realized that both sides of the news (Fox vs. Cnn) constantly lie. If you believe in the biblical Satan, he would surely be pulling the strings on all this political garbage.

I'm unaffected. I don't allow myself to be affected by detaching from politics.

There is no question that Satan interferes with God's rule over His creation, but there is no reason for you to hate. It doesn't sound like you're unaffected; it sounds as though you're in conflict.

Follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit, not the thinking of fallible, power-hungry people.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just feel so powerless, and I think that's where the anger is coming from.

Yes. Hate is derived from Love. You hate because you care.

The solution is to look at yourself as a person who hates because you care. Accept and forgive that person just as if it was your mother. (or someone you do love deeply) Accept that they have hate and forgive them.

Reactions: Strivax
Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Simply put, I hate the political right. I absolutely despise them. I view them as barriers to societal progress, whose policies are immensely harmful.

When speaking to them, I am filled with spite and vitriol, and I am absolutely vicious. I don't associate with them at all in my personal life. I have cut out friends and family of right wing persuasions from my life.

Wars have been fought over less than our present differences, and I view current politics in the US as a non-violent civil war.

Thing is, I don't want to be like this. I don't want to be so angry, so spiteful, so vicious. It is decidedly against what Christ taught, and as a Christian, it makes me a hypocrite. How do I condemn and reject their beliefs while simultaneously loving them? How do I treat them with kindness and respect despite very passionately disagreeing with their politics?

This is my fault. I've let myself become like this. It was always an issue for me, but my hate just spiraled after Trump. I just feel so powerless, and I think that's where the anger is coming from. And it's not like I'm perfect. I've hurt people. I've sinned. I've done wrong.

Anyway, that's my spiel. I don't know if anyone has anything to add.

I have the same problem with lefties.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Simply put, I hate the political right. I absolutely despise them. I view them as barriers to societal progress, whose policies are immensely harmful.

When speaking to them, I am filled with spite and vitriol, and I am absolutely vicious. I don't associate with them at all in my personal life. I have cut out friends and family of right wing persuasions from my life.

Wars have been fought over less than our present differences, and I view current politics in the US as a non-violent civil war.

Thing is, I don't want to be like this. I don't want to be so angry, so spiteful, so vicious. It is decidedly against what Christ taught, and as a Christian, it makes me a hypocrite. How do I condemn and reject their beliefs while simultaneously loving them? How do I treat them with kindness and respect despite very passionately disagreeing with their politics?

This is my fault. I've let myself become like this. It was always an issue for me, but my hate just spiraled after Trump. I just feel so powerless, and I think that's where the anger is coming from. And it's not like I'm perfect. I've hurt people. I've sinned. I've done wrong.

Anyway, that's my spiel. I don't know if anyone has anything to add.
The right has given stupidity a seat at the grownups table ...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]

Jesus spent ALL of his time with sinners and his disciples were very displeased with his liberal socialization tactics. Similar to your complaints about liberals building up our neighbors.

You do know that the corrupt lefties are your neighbors, right?

Mark 12:31
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

James 2:8
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

Romans 15:2
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

Proverbs 3:29
Do not plan evil against your neighbor, who dwells trustingly beside you.

Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Galatians 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Luke 10:29
But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Romans 2:1
Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Strivax
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

People need to stop hating knuckleheads. Some are in my extended family.

• Haha
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I agree with you that the political right are a stain on our societies. (Mine is the UK) Fortunately, over here, our hard right Prime Minister and Chancellor of the Exchequer have totally messed up the economy within 3 weeks of coming into office. I do not think this will be forgotten or forgiven at our next general election, and fully anticipate that the new centre left will, after 12 years in opposition, be elected to power.

However, on the hate problem, I have a couple of epithets for you:

1) To understand all is to forgive all.
2) Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Whatever you do, don't give up politics! I firmly believe it is our Christian, as well as democratic, duty to remain abreast of current events, so that we can discharge our obligations, to each other, to God, and to His world, responsibly.

Best wishes, Strivax.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,435.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I tend to try to psychoanalyze the strong conservatives I know. I try to piece together what I know of their backgrounds, wondering what terrible childhood trauma made them turn out this way. Sometimes it works
I have a friend who is anti-immigration. I have known him and his wife for a few years. One day he confided the source of his hatred to me. 20 years ago they sent their daughter off to college in Dallas. A few months later she disappeared. They never knew what had happened to her although they hoped against hope she was still living.
A few years ago the police found a mass grave. They thought there was a possibility their daughter had been murdered and buried there. They asked for DNA records from one of her siblings and it was a match. There was no way to identify the murderer but there was DNA evidence that indicated he was a young Hispanic man. And that's why he was against immigration. What could I do but hug him and weep with him? In similar circumstances, would I have been able to forgive and look at each Hispanic person as a unique individual? On the other hand, I recognize most conservatives probably have not become the way they are because of situations that are that tragic.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,234.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I tend to try to psychoanalyze the strong conservatives I know. I try to piece together what I know of their backgrounds, wondering what terrible childhood trauma made them turn out this way. Sometimes it works
I have a friend who is anti-immigration. I have known him and his wife for a few years. One day he confided the source of his hatred to me. 20 years ago they sent their daughter off to college in Dallas. A few months later she disappeared. They never knew what had happened to her although they hoped against hope she was still living.
A few years ago the police found a mass grave. They thought there was a possibility their daughter had been murdered and buried there. They asked for DNA records from one of her siblings and it was a match. There was no way to identify the murderer but there was DNA evidence that indicated he was a young Hispanic man. And that's why he was against immigration. What could I do but hug him and weep with him? In similar circumstances, would I have been able to forgive and look at each Hispanic person as a unique individual? On the other hand, I recognize most conservatives probably have not become the way they are because of situations that are that tragic.

All my political enemies have their opinions because of some past trauma and that invalidates their position. Really Fantine? Should we conclude your universalist and absolute egalitarian form of Christianity is the result of a personal trauma by conservatives against you? Who hurt you Fantine?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've recently went through a difficult time. I was allowing myself to be consumed by anger, and it was poisoning me. I won't go into all the details, but I had an emotional breakdown a couple months ago. Lots of reasons behind it. But part of it was that my focus was becoming more political rather than abiding in Jesus and His Gospel.

I'm not going to say my "politics" have radically changed since then. But I'm recognizing that the answer to the problems I see on one side isn't addressed by turning inward, raising a political banner, and becoming tribalistic in my thinking. I'm not convinced "the left" has an answer to address the problems of "the right"; and by the same token, I don't think "the right" has an answer to address any problems of "the left".

Because apart from Christ there is only fear, anger, and resentment. We become consumed with the passions of our flesh, pointing the finger to the other person, the other group, their sins are the bad sins--but ours aren't so bad.

God isn't found in either the right or the left--nor is He found in the center. He is found in Jesus. He is only found in Jesus. He has always only ever been found in Jesus. And the only thing--the only thing--that is going to help and heal the Body of Christ through all worldly turmoil, is Jesus Christ. Our allegiances cannot be to systems, to politicians, to political programs. We have to put Jesus first. If we don't, then all of us are standing on shifting, quaking, unstable sand. And since both "the right" and "the left" is, if we are honest, merely things of this world, then there will be things about Jesus that all will despise. If there is one thing I notice, is that what the right and left have in common is a common hatred of grace. No cheap grace, the world loves cheap grace. But real grace, real grace, because it is Jesus Christ crucified, is offensive.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've recently went through a difficult time. I was allowing myself to be consumed by anger, and it was poisoning me. I won't go into all the details, but I had an emotional breakdown a couple months ago. Lots of reasons behind it. But part of it was that my focus was becoming more political rather than abiding in Jesus and His Gospel.

I'm not going to say my "politics" have radically changed since then. But I'm recognizing that the answer to the problems I see on one side isn't addressed by turning inward, raising a political banner, and becoming tribalistic in my thinking. I'm not convinced "the left" has an answer to address the problems of "the right"; and by the same token, I don't think "the right" has an answer to address any problems of "the left".

Because apart from Christ there is only fear, anger, and resentment. We become consumed with the passions of our flesh, pointing the finger to the other person, the other group, their sins are the bad sins--but ours aren't so bad.

God isn't found in either the right or the left--nor is He found in the center. He is found in Jesus. He is only found in Jesus. He has always only ever been found in Jesus. And the only thing--the only thing--that is going to help and heal the Body of Christ through all worldly turmoil, is Jesus Christ. Our allegiances cannot be to systems, to politicians, to political programs. We have to put Jesus first. If we don't, then all of us are standing on shifting, quaking, unstable sand. And since both "the right" and "the left" is, if we are honest, merely things of this world, then there will be things about Jesus that all will despise. If there is one thing I notice, is that what the right and left have in common is a common hatred of grace. No cheap grace, the world loves cheap grace. But real grace, real grace, because it is Jesus Christ crucified, is offensive.

-CryptoLutheran

I agree with a lot of what you say, here, but in a world where wealth is distributed so inequitably, I rather think God's sympathies lie with the poor. Certainly Jesus did, and come Judgement Day, I suspect a whole lot of rich people are going to find themselves unpleasantly surprised (Luke 16:19-31 KJV). Given that the poor tend to be left of centre, politically, and the rich right of centre, you can draw your own conclusions.

Best wishes, Strivax.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,234.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I agree with a lot f what you say, here, but in a world where wealth is distributed so inequitably, I rather think God's sympathies lie with the poor. Certainly Jesus did, and come Judgement Day, I suspect a whole lot of rich people are going to find themselves unpleasantly surprised (Luke 16:19-31 KJV). Given that the poor tend to be left of centre, politically, and the rich right of centre, you can draw your own conclusions.

Best wishes, Strivax.

The rich are to the right of centre? Since when?

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Realize these feelings " I am filled with spite and vitriol, and I am absolutely vicious." are not from God but the enemy Satan. In those moments replace them with love peace joy meekness etc. The fruits of the spirit..and 1st Corth 13. Give no place to the devil.

The Father wants to be in all parts of our life that is politics also since so much of that effects people young old saved unsaved. God does not go against mans will. So when they say your vote for what ever it is it really does count and God does not push that aside and do what He wants anyway. Fact as its written Satan is the God of this world. There is a reason we are to pray. To pray about everything. You have not because you ask not or your asking wrong. Peter was not set free because GOD just felt like it He is not a man nor thinks like one. They were praying for him. Earth quake bars open didn't just happen because God felt like it. They were praising Him worshiping Him.

Sm412 so give all this to Him. To act on wrong thoughts desires will never bring us get us closer to God. Those will open the door to the enemy and push God farther away.

Upvote 0