Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, that has helped me, i used to kind of follow men and their politics. But as i have grown older, i see most 90%+ is nothing but lies with a little truth thrown in for good measure.

As christian believers we are called to be good law abiding citizens, but nothing more than that. God gives satan leaders to rule his kingdoms with. And i have began to wonder would God give satan a christian believer to rule with, well some in America like to think God does, i am not so sure.

God is the one who gives HIS Power and Authority to whom HE chooses.

Vote for whomever you like, God will appoint the one He wants, for the reasons He wants, to fulfill His purpose in the Earth

Makes me wonder though, what will we be in for when Trump leaves office in 2025.

Fasten your seat belts, we could be in for a bumpy ride.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,924,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello again @Sm412, something else that helps me keep my top from blowing off is prayer. IOW, if I sense or know that I'm going to struggle to obey Matthew 7:12 when I talk to someone, I pray for them, and for me, before I write my post to them .. and afterwards for them as well.

And if things are really bad, and I believe that I am going to post in anger, prayer or not, I get up and walk away without posting a thing (usually asking God for forgiveness, and that He would return to me a cooler/more loving head before I try to post again .. as well that He might help me see the person who I am trying to talk to as He sees them/with His eyes).

It's also been helpful for me to follow the command to take all of my sinful thoughts "captive", and then to give them over to the Lord Jesus so that He can deal with them instead .. 2 Corinthians 10:5.

God bless you!

--David

• Agree
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Simply put, I hate the political right. I absolutely despise them. I view them as barriers to societal progress, whose policies are immensely harmful.

When speaking to them, I am filled with spite and vitriol, and I am absolutely vicious. I don't associate with them at all in my personal life. I have cut out friends and family of right wing persuasions from my life.

Wars have been fought over less than our present differences, and I view current politics in the US as a non-violent civil war.

Thing is, I don't want to be like this. I don't want to be so angry, so spiteful, so vicious. It is decidedly against what Christ taught, and as a Christian, it makes me a hypocrite. How do I condemn and reject their beliefs while simultaneously loving them? How do I treat them with kindness and respect despite very passionately disagreeing with their politics?

This is my fault. I've let myself become like this. It was always an issue for me, but my hate just spiraled after Trump. I just feel so powerless, and I think that's where the anger is coming from. And it's not like I'm perfect. I've hurt people. I've sinned. I've done wrong.

Anyway, that's my spiel. I don't know if anyone has anything to add.
Remember that God has all things under control ... and that most people deserve respect, no matter what their beliefs. We all have issues with controlling our passions, ... which is part of the reasons why Jesus came.

People are, generally, the sum of their nature plus their nurture, ... but God offers us all the opportunity to become better than our natural selves. Some of us get on board earlier, ... some later, ... some never. But God holds out hope for us all of us, ... and is patient to wait until the last one has come in.

In the meantime, we will, undoubtedly, continue to see evidence of the fallenness of humankind. It is often difficult, but they are just being who they were made to be ... rather than what they could aspire to.

So ... try to relax a bit, and enjoy, as much as you can, the blessings which God bestows everyday. Will we experience ugliness, evil, blightedness, etc ?

Yes, ... that will always be a part of our lives here, ... but there is also love, and joy, and beauty, and truth. God will ultimately bring His ways to pass, and His people will dwell in peace and harmony.

A practical suggestion ... try to find and focus upon a situation (or more) where God is working ... where hearts are lifted, or needs are met, ... or tears are wiped away. God is always at work among us, ... no matter what the attitudes and actions of our brothers and sisters. Put your trust in Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I don’t want racists, misogynists, anti-environmentalists ,homophobe, ignorant control freaks having control over me and my family and neighbors either There are too many on the Right and they’re vocal about it.
Remember when Elijah opened the eyes of his servant to see that "there are more with us ... than there are against us".

Also, God has a way of working out His will in this world. It isn't always evident, and certainly not domineering, ... but will ultimately overcome.

We're seeing that in our national politics. I've seen it in my own family. Trust God to handle His business. You just calm down, now ...

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Simply put, I hate the political right. I absolutely despise them. I view them as barriers to societal progress, whose policies are immensely harmful.

When speaking to them, I am filled with spite and vitriol, and I am absolutely vicious. I don't associate with them at all in my personal life. I have cut out friends and family of right wing persuasions from my life.

Wars have been fought over less than our present differences, and I view current politics in the US as a non-violent civil war.

Thing is, I don't want to be like this. I don't want to be so angry, so spiteful, so vicious. It is decidedly against what Christ taught, and as a Christian, it makes me a hypocrite. How do I condemn and reject their beliefs while simultaneously loving them? How do I treat them with kindness and respect despite very passionately disagreeing with their politics?

This is my fault. I've let myself become like this. It was always an issue for me, but my hate just spiraled after Trump. I just feel so powerless, and I think that's where the anger is coming from. And it's not like I'm perfect. I've hurt people. I've sinned. I've done wrong.

I think a good start is to think about what Conservatives and Progressives have in common. Usually, they both have a common goal. For example, they both want to help the poor, end hunger, have good schools, ect... They just don't agree with the plan to go about doing it.

I would also take a break from biased news sources and perhaps interact with more conservatives so you can understand them. You don't need to agree with them, just understand their position. By shutting conservatives out of your life is creating a bubble of bias and an echo chamber that further divides.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I will also add that the fact you are sharing your concerns says a lot. Civil discourse is the first step to understanding.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I don’t want racists, misogynists, anti-environmentalists ,homophobe, ignorant control freaks having control over me and my family and neighbors either There are too many on the Right and they’re vocal about it.
Bigotry and hatred can be found on both sides of the isle.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I loathe and despise the ideology of the political and religious right. It's cruel, despicable, harmful, and hypocritical. It is in and of itself a hateful thing and is what is relentlessly moving the U.S. closer and closer to authoritarianism, fundamentalist inquisition, and outright fascism. This loathsome ideology is determined to destroy all aspects of democracy in this country. It uses "freedom" and "religious liberty" as catchphrases, but is the enemy of both.

I could go on about how much I despise practically every aspect of the above way of thinking (or more often, NOT thinking due to the anti-intellectual mindset and the way they set themselves against what is academic or rational.)

But when it comes to the actual PEOPLE behind all of the above, we need to remember that they are indeed people. MANY of these very real people have been relentlessly and horribly deceived by the near-constant bombardment of entertainment networks such as FOX (so-called) news, "thought-leaders" of far right radio programs, trusted ministers of faith who abuse their positions to put politics above the way of Christ (and currently above even the lives of their most vulnerable.) This brainwashing has been going on for decades in the U.S., and because many grasp onto anything that can seem to give them hope, they look towards authoritarians and dictators who promise to bring the country "back" to a golden age of prosperity, liberty, and God.

It pains me to see people I love and care for be so deceived in this manner. I often cannot express with words because words alone cannot break through decades of harmful programming.

But what I CAN do (and what Jesus commanded us to do) is to LOVE them.

Underneath all of that hateful ideology is a wonderful human being, created in God's image, with the same hopes, dreams, fears, and feelings as all of us.

People are afraid, living in fear of each other, and of a false image of an abusive god of fear and threats versus a God who is the very essence of love and grace.

As Christ-followers, it is all the more crucial now than ever to be his light in this world, to be ambassadors of his Kingdom, to show that his way is not of fear and cruelty, but of love and grace.

The very best way to defeat the devil isn't by hating him, but by loving him because there can be no darkness where light exists.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I loathe and despise the ideology of the political and religious right. It's cruel, despicable, harmful, and hypocritical. It is in and of itself a hateful thing and is what is relentlessly moving the U.S. closer and closer to authoritarianism, fundamentalist inquisition, and outright fascism. This loathsome ideology is determined to destroy all aspects of democracy in this country. It uses "freedom" and "religious liberty" as catchphrases, but is the enemy of both.

I could go on about how much I despise practically every aspect of the above way of thinking (or more often, NOT thinking due to the anti-intellectual mindset and the way they set themselves against what is academic or rational.)

But when it comes to the actual PEOPLE behind all of the above, we need to remember that they are indeed people. MANY of these very real people have been relentlessly and horribly deceived by the near-constant bombardment of entertainment networks such as FOX (so-called) news, "thought-leaders" of far right radio programs, trusted ministers of faith who abuse their positions to put politics above the way of Christ (and currently above even the lives of their most vulnerable.) This brainwashing has been going on for decades in the U.S., and because many grasp onto anything that can seem to give them hope, they look towards authoritarians and dictators who promise to bring the country "back" to a golden age of prosperity, liberty, and God.

It pains me to see people I love and care for be so deceived in this manner. I often cannot express with words because words alone cannot break through decades of harmful programming.

But what I CAN do (and what Jesus commanded us to do) is to LOVE them.

Underneath all of that hateful ideology is a wonderful human being, created in God's image, with the same hopes, dreams, fears, and feelings as all of us.

People are afraid, living in fear of each other, and of a false image of an abusive god of fear and threats versus a God who is the very essence of love and grace.

As Christ-followers, it is all the more crucial now than ever to be his light in this world, to be ambassadors of his Kingdom, to show that his way is not of fear and cruelty, but of love and grace.

The very best way to defeat the devil isn't by hating him, but by loving him because there can be no darkness where light exists.
Would you like to tell us how you really feel about conservatives? Lol...just joking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Agree to disagree and leave it at that. anger does no good .... ever.

Matthew 5

20For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 21You have heard that it was said to the ancients, ‘Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Is there a way I can PM you?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

256064_6429f71273587ebdde5b1038d8c1ccf4.jpg

This thread had a clean up. Stick with the topic in the OP. Focusing on how evil one side is or the other side is will just lead to flaming and violations.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They don't control your life. God does ...
. Well currently conservatives are not in toxic control of my life ..... and I want to keep it that way !

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm not a fan of conservatives, but they certainly deserve the same compassion as non-Binary folks.
If we reject the freedoms of the Right we must reject the Left as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not a fan of conservatives, but they certainly deserve the same compassion as non-Binary folks.
If we reject the freedoms of the Right we must reject the Left as well.

Can you explain this further? Freedom is freedom, regardless of where one is on the political spectrum. Galatians 5:1, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Some where in the book where Jesus is written about, a writer relates about hatred. The writer says that hatred is the same as murder. Letting go of hatred is not just for the other person - it's for you. By hating others, you are causing harm to yourself.

The same writer said that confessing these things, helps cleanse us of all wrongs, because God is faithful. So getting it out, is really important to the healing process.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Walk in Spirit, not in worldly politics. The politics of the world is not worthy of our passion. It produces anger and hatred.

But those in power rule over us. It's impossible not to be affected. Trump et al have put the US on a terrible course of conflict, turning Americans against each other, just as the Pharisees and Sadducees did in Jesus' time.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately that's not entirely true. Governments rule over people by controlling their lives.

Agreed. I also disagree with the statement that "God controls our lives" because that makes God into a micromanaging dictator, an overseer over slaves, allowing them no freedom or agency to make their own decisions and choices. It's not at all how I view God and also not the sort of god worthy of worship.

I do believe that God is "in control" in the sense that he has implemented a long-term plan through Jesus Christ to restore creation from the corruption of sin and so we can be assured that that victory is already won, and that God can and does create good out of the worst of suffering and evil.

But on an individual level, God didn't turn everyone and everything into puppets that he simply controls.

Upvote 0