Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I just did something and I suddenly feel like I've betrayed my church The Savation Army as a whole and my girlfriend a fellow salvationist. I haven't had spiritual guidance in months. The people I trusted within TSA have not spoken with me since Labor Day weekend. I know I need spiritual guidance at my age, 20. I was praying all weekend and today I sent a message to an Orthodox Church semiclose. I'm a soldier I'm on a track to become a minister in the Salvation Army as is my girlfriend. Well a member of that church emailed me back in less than three hours...I was so happy I immediately accepted the book he offered for me for free. My girlfriend says she understands and she would come with me if I ever left TSA as long as I was following Him. But I still feel wrong for what I've done...
So the source of your anxiety is that you are exploring another denomination? I wouldn't feel guilty. It's a good idea to learn more about the rest of the Christian world. Now if you decide to leave the Salvation Army, it should be for the reason that you believe this other church is the True Church, or at least is significantly closer to the truth. And, my friend, if that's the case, why in the world would you feel guilty?

You are certainly not alone. I've been to almost EVERY major denomination. I finally settled into Catholicism.

Upvote 0

jim35215

Nov 24, 2017
center point
✟15,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I just did something and I suddenly feel like I've betrayed my church The Savation Army as a whole and my girlfriend a fellow salvationist. I haven't had spiritual guidance in months. The people I trusted within TSA have not spoken with me since Labor Day weekend. I know I need spiritual guidance at my age, 20. I was praying all weekend and today I sent a message to an Orthodox Church semiclose. I'm a soldier I'm on a track to become a minister in the Salvation Army as is my girlfriend. Well a member of that church emailed me back in less than three hours...I was so happy I immediately accepted the book he offered for me for free. My girlfriend says she understands and she would come with me if I ever left TSA as long as I was following Him. But I still feel wrong for what I've done...
praying for you.

Upvote 0