• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I need so help. Christian with OCD.

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have always had OCD, ever since I was born. However, I havent always been a christian. Quite the opposite: I was a die hard atheist. Only recently did I come to Christ, which is a long story.
Mostly my OCD is under control, and for the most part I dont have too much trouble. But recently I have had some REALLY creepy coincidences that I dont know what to think of. For example, my ocd made me say out loud "make it so X messages me within the next few days". Now I havent had X message me for over a YEAR. Sure enough within the next three days for whatever reason, they contacted me. This has now happened FOUR times in a row. Another example, I was going off on vacation and my ocd thought "if X is true, your hotel room number will be 123" Sure enough when I got there, I was given room 123. I am freaking out. Are these demons trying to creep me out? I dont even understand this.

• Prayers
Reactions: AlexB23

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have always had OCD, ever since I was born. However, I havent always been a christian. Quite the opposite: I was a die hard atheist. Only recently did I come to Christ, which is a long story.
Mostly my OCD is under control, and for the most part I dont have too much trouble. But recently I have had some REALLY creepy coincidences that I dont know what to think of. For example, my ocd made me say out loud "make it so X messages me within the next few days". Now I havent had X message me for over a YEAR. Sure enough within the next three days for whatever reason, they contacted me. This has now happened FOUR times in a row. Another example, I was going off on vacation and my ocd thought "if X is true, your hotel room number will be 123" Sure enough when I got there, I was given room 123. I am freaking out. Are these demons trying to creep me out? I dont even understand this.
You might want to talk to a pastor, even if it is on the phone. Just type up "pastor phone number" in Google, and call a pastor. Those are events (Room 123, a friend calling you after a few days) that seem to have patterns that are not coincidences. It is good that you have converted to Christ, but something is going on that only a priest or counselor could help you with.

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You might want to talk to a pastor, even if it is on the phone. Just type up "pastor phone number" in Google, and call a pastor. Those are events (Room 123, a friend calling you after a few days) that seem to have patterns that are not coincidences. It is good that you have converted to Christ, but something is going on that only a priest or counselor could help you with.
wdym they are events that have patterns?

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t know but I bet you can’t keep it up, doing more of those what ever they are. Kinda like deja vu trippy, unexplainable, but don’t worry….. it will probably go away and get back to normal. Just take it captive as in 2Cor 10:3-5 . Then pray and trust God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah idk. But its oddly accurate. like the first four times it was PERFECT and people I havent talked to for years reached out and then after that it hasnt happened.
Hmm. Just talk to a priest about this, if you feel uncomfortable with this whole coincidence debacle. A forum will probably not be as informative as a church leader.

Upvote 0

TBoss

Nov 11, 2021
Cape Town
✟19,805.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Harley,

A lot of people with Religious OCD attributed the root of their problem to a medical one which may have been true, however my Religious OCD was related to a spiritual problem. I had to confess a lot of generational sin that my ancestors were involved in, once I did this, I was set free instantly and had a peaceful mind. I also had to train my mind to ignore any unwanted evil thoughts that were not coming from me. I recently published my book on Amazon to help other people so they wouldn't have to go through the same turmoil I did years ago. It can be found at: Amazon.com.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums