• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

harris11651

Jan 14, 2009
Maryland
✟7,647.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've been having serious problems with the urge to do some messed up things for the past 5 years of my life. I feel like I can't control my body. I do keep it under control but sometimes it feels like I'm being tempted in so many ways. I don't know how to seek out help. I've just tried to control it.
I've gotten better as I've gotten older.
The worst part about this is im 15, When I was very young, my so-called friend showed me something on the internet I wish I had never seen, I hung out with the wrong crowd and now am having so many problems.
I've been hiding some of the things I do from my parents and try not to let them find out, while at the same time I'm searching for help somewhere else.
I live in a Christian family but was raised in a not so good environment.

I just want to know how to control it, or how to deal with it better.
Thankyou

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry you are having to deal with this, little brother.
First of all, I want to remind you that temptation is just that.. temptation.. we all have it, and no sin is worse than another...
God can help you to deal with this, he loves you, and He is blessed by the way you are fighting.
I am praying for you, and here if you want to talk... I am also going to ask one of our male staff to get in touch with you, because I imagine that may be easier.

Hang in there, and remember how precious you are to God.

Upvote 0

harris11651

Jan 14, 2009
Maryland
✟7,647.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know it's just temptation, But this is bugging me so bad, and I've done other things that have pushed me further from god, I feel like I've lost touch with him. I quit caring about life, I don't have any real friends because they are all the same. No one in my school is christian, or they are and they just wont express it. so I just keep out of the way and get my work done alone.
I guess I just feel so lonely half the time, and have no one to share my problems with...That's why the other day after coming home from school, My mom was asking me what was wrong with me, I guess i looked kinda down, and I was like nothing...Then I decided I needed help, So I found this site...

It's nice to know people still care. Thank you so much.
And I would love to get in touch with someone if you could do that.
Thankyou, You don't know how happy I am

Upvote 0

Bellicus

Account no longer in use
Jul 11, 2008
✟10,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Can you tell more about what you really struggle with? Your post can really mean anything.

Don't be afraid, I know that there is lots of good people here on CF and all they want to do is to give help and support, no matter what you're difficulties is.

Just said a prayer for you. Hope you will be OK. God bless you :)

Upvote 0

I'ddie4him2

Prince of Id, Matt's dad, Tatted saint, Got ink ??
Feb 2, 2002
You have just entered the twilight zone........
✟17,773.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I sent you a pm.

15 is a hard age anyways in life.
You don't really feel like you fit in anywhere, You struggle to find friends, keep grades up, sports, etc.

All of this tends to stress you out, make you feel like you have no control, Then add in the peer pressure of drugs, alcohol, parties, girlfriends, etc.

High school now is harder than 30 years ago. :scratch:

I've been having serious problems with the urge to do some messed up things for the past 5 years of my life. I feel like I can't control my body. I do keep it under control but sometimes it feels like I'm being tempted in so many ways. I don't know how to seek out help. I've just tried to control it.
I've gotten better as I've gotten older.
The worst part about this is im 15, When I was very young, my so-called friend showed me something on the internet I wish I had never seen, I hung out with the wrong crowd and now am having so many problems.
I've been hiding some of the things I do from my parents and try not to let them find out, while at the same time I'm searching for help somewhere else.
I live in a Christian family but was raised in a not so good environment.

I just want to know how to control it, or how to deal with it better.
Thankyou

Upvote 0

harris11651

Jan 14, 2009
Maryland
✟7,647.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm really struggling with thinking of looking at inappropriate content, and masturbation sometimes. I hate it all but it tempts me, I've been able to control it a bit for the past few months but it keeps coming back..

and I can't reply to the pm till I get 15 posts...

Upvote 0

I'ddie4him2

Feb 2, 2002
✟17,773.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is difficult once you see it the 1st time to not want to see it again and again.
I can send you my msn name if that might help.

I'm really struggling with thinking of looking at inappropriate content, and masturbation sometimes. I hate it all but it tempts me, I've been able to control it a bit for the past few months but it keeps coming back..

Upvote 0

harris11651

Jan 14, 2009
Maryland
✟7,647.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is difficult once you see it the 1st time to not want to see it again and again.
I can send you my msn name if that might help.
O no, It's ok..this is the last post I need before I can Pm you...

Thank you so much for your time

Upvote 0

I'ddie4him2

Feb 2, 2002
✟17,773.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I assure you, It's not a problem, I am more than happy to try to help.

I do want to say this, I applaud your honesty.
It takes alot of fortitude to admit to an addiction and ask for help in overcoming it.

O no, It's ok..this is the last post I need before I can Pm you...

Thank you so much for your time

Upvote 0

harris11651

Jan 14, 2009
Maryland
✟7,647.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I assure you, It's not a problem, I am more than happy to try to help.

I do want to say this, I applaud your honesty.
It takes alot of fortitude to admit to an addiction and ask for help in overcoming it.

Well, It wasn't easy...as it has been 5 years...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

I'ddie4him2

Feb 2, 2002
✟17,773.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You've made an important and difficult step forward in admitting this tho.
Thats a great start. :thumbsup:

Well, It wasn't easy...as it has been 5 years...

Upvote 0
U

UnitynLove

When you are struggling with problems/troubles you need to get your eyes off of your weakness/habit and get your mind on God. The bible says: "Walk in the spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh." What does that mean: Read the bible more, listen to good music, praising and worshipping God, less time worrying, less time trying to figure out your problems, less time struggling, less time being afraid that if you don't overcome this God will reject you and more time just Hanging on the vine. Guess what? God will give you the strength to overcome that weakness and that flaw. If you are struggling with something you don't need to put more effort in it you need to spend more time with God, you don't need to call up four friends ask them what to do you need to spend more time with God. - Joyce Meyer

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

harris11651

Jan 14, 2009
Maryland
✟7,647.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I guess I could work on doing other things a bit better to, Like you said, read my bible more, listen to better music, stuff like that.
I don't think i can recall the last time I read my bible, it makes me feel guilty, I mean, I know i'm guilty for not reading it. I should..Where should I start reading it, because I know you can read it in many different ways.

And thanks Fowler, I'll contact you if I need to.

God bless you

Reactions: Andres88
Upvote 0
U

UnitynLove

I guess I could work on doing other things a bit better to, Like you said, read my bible more, listen to better music, stuff like that.
I don't think i can recall the last time I read my bible, it makes me feel guilty, I mean, I know i'm guilty for not reading it. I should..Where should I start reading it, because I know you can read it in many different ways.

God bless you

Start with scriptures on sexual sin. A word of advice, put your real name in the scriptures it will help you all the more. For instance,

For the body is not made for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the Body.

Say out loud over and over

[Your Real Name]'s body is not meant for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for [You Real Name]'s Body.

And so on and so on. Here are some verses to get you started

Sexual Sin

"...The body is not for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body."
1 Corinthians 6:13
"Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body."
1 Corinthians 6:18-20
"Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion."
1 Corinthians 7:8-9 (NIV)
"But the man who has settled the matter in his own mind, who is under no compulsion but has control over his own will, and who has made up his mind not to marry the virgin -- this man also does the right thing."
1 Corinthians 7:37 (NIV)
"No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it."
1 Corinthians 10:13
"These are the ones who have not been defiled with women, for they have kept themselves chaste. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These have been purchased from among men as first fruits to God and to the Lamb."
Revelation 14:4
"Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge."
Hebrews 13:4
"For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:15-16
"For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted."
Hebrews 2:18
"Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? May it never be!"
1 Corinthians 6:15
"Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him."
James 1:12
"Then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment."
2 Peter 2:9

Upvote 0

Bellicus

Account no longer in use
Jul 11, 2008
✟10,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

It is normal to touch and to look at inappropriate content at your age. Actually it is more normal to just do that and not think any more about it then to feel it is something bad. But honestly I think inappropriate content is not so good, and by reducing women into sexual objects you are going to miss out on the most important part, witch is love. And that is not just something I say to make it sound all religious and all that, but something I honestly believe is the truth. Read the Songs of Salomo in the bible and you will find that God is not just OK with love but also with sex, but I am sure that God don't want any of that to be harmful for us. I don't believe that the Songs is about masturbation or inappropriate content or sex, but I believe it is about when a man and a women loves each other. And it is not just OK with God, but it is also worthy to be part of the Holy Scriptures. So don't think that sex is something bad just because you seem something on the internet that did something bad to you. And don't think that you are a horrible person because you have masturbated or looked at inappropriate content, cause this is something virtually everyone does after they reach a certain age. And it is not something demonic, but a natural effect of you wanting what God wants you to want. It is a blessing that He put on Adam and Eve, and it had been following humans ever since, so we should make more humans and fill up the earth. But the bible is clear that God wants us to be married before having sex, and I can only say that God is right, cause I'm in love with a woman and I know that my relationship with her would be much easier if I didn't already have a child from another relationship before I met her. And I read a article a while ago about how people that use internet inappropriate content a lot have more depressions and anxiety in their lives then those that don't. The scientists had no clear answer to why, but they thought that the reason could be that those that used lots of internet inappropriate content did not socialize with others in the same way. And I think that is right, that people won't find the same thing with inappropriate content as with real people. No matter how attractive inappropriate content models might look, they will never love you, and you will never love them. It will only be about lusts, and that will be all, and it will never satisfy.

Not sure if any of that made sense, just shared my thoughts, and hoped you found something valuable in it.

God bless you.

God bless you
Remember to be careful when others offer you to chat on the internet. Even if they might be friendly, then remember to not give away personal information like name, where you live etc.

Upvote 0

harris11651

Jan 14, 2009
Maryland
✟7,647.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, I just had a talk with my mom. I told her about me looking at inappropriate content for the past 5 years.
I couldn't believe how calm she was about it. I'm so happy I told her, It was god who gave me the strength to do it and my own personal needing of it.

Thankyou so much for inspiring me to tell the truth and live my life, I know god led me here 3 days ago so I would come to this conclusion.
I still have a bit more to do but I'm very happy I could talk with my mom.
My dad I will have to wait on, he is in Iraq...wont be back for awhile.

Like I said, Thankyou so much everyone who helped me out
God Bless you all

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.