• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andres88

Contributor
Feb 7, 2008
Santo Domingo
✟25,823.00
Country
Dominican Republic
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Great to see you have the courage to tell your mom. I had to tell my pastor about it some months ago, and that really helped a lot. If you have MSN please PM me and I will send you my address. Sexual temptation is tough... really tough, but we are able to keep ourselves pure through Christ Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

I'ddie4him2

Prince of Id, Matt's dad, Tatted saint, Got ink ??
Feb 2, 2002
You have just entered the twilight zone........
✟25,273.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thats great that your mom was so understanding and calm.
Anytime you struggle or have temptations, Just be honest and open.
I'm sure your dad will be just as understanding.
I am so glad that everything is working out so well for you.
Keep us posted and stay strong. :thumbsup:

Well, I just had a talk with my mom. I told her about me looking at inappropriate content for the past 5 years.
I couldn't believe how calm she was about it. I'm so happy I told her, It was god who gave me the strength to do it and my own personal needing of it.

Thankyou so much for inspiring me to tell the truth and live my life, I know god led me here 3 days ago so I would come to this conclusion.
I still have a bit more to do but I'm very happy I could talk with my mom.
My dad I will have to wait on, he is in Iraq...wont be back for awhile.

Like I said, Thankyou so much everyone who helped me out
God Bless you all

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.