Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've never done that, but it doesn't sound like something I deserve. Thanks. I'm more of a giver.
All I'm suggesting is crowdfund what it would take to mail the gift, possibly with a signature requirement.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
All I'm suggesting is crowdfund what it would take to mail the gift, possibly with a signature requirement.

I'll look up "crowdfund" on the internet because I've never heard of it before. :)

Upvote 0

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This isn't about feelings. It's about loving Jesus enough to obey Him.
If a Christian tells me I am doing wrong and that is also what Christ taught, I'm vety grateful. And, yes, I've been told.

We love him, because he first loved us.

John 14
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Christians welcome Godly counsel.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Did God give us our Bibles for a reason?

I believe that the word of God matters and that God gave us His word so that we would know His will.

2 Corinthians 9
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

God bless!

All good. Take the advice or not.

But that’s the best advice you’re going to get to reconcile.

I believe you need to follow what Christ says which is to be baptised into death, be born again, to repent of your sins and then you can be able to love others as God loves you through Christ (ie his blood as payment for the law of sin)

Obeying the bible perfectly is putting yourself under the old law and you will be judged by it.

Put yourself in Christ Jesus and you are free from the law of sin.

Also the bible has been written in books, compiled together and found in caves. The first part is written in Hebrew, the second can only be found in Greek. You have to study it in context and in its native language if you want to follow Christ to the cross.

The English became legalistic in its interpretation.

Pull the log out of your own eye first by following the gospel of Jesus Christ first.

Anyway, Goodluck with it.

Take the advice or not. If you want reconciliation you’ll listen or continue doing the same things expecting different results.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
All good. Take the advice or not.

But that’s the best advice you’re going to get to reconcile.

I believe you need to follow what Christ says which is to be baptised into death, be born again, to repent of your sins and then you can be able to love others as God loves you through Christ (ie his blood as payment for the law of sin)

Obeying the bible perfectly is putting yourself under the old law and you will be judged by it.

Put yourself in Christ Jesus and you are free from the law of sin.

Also the bible has been written in books, compiled together and found in caves. The first part is written in Hebrew, the second can only be found in Greek. You have to study it in context and in its native language if you want to follow Christ to the cross.

The English became legalistic in its interpretation.

Pull the log out of your own eye first by following the gospel of Jesus Christ first.

Anyway, Goodluck with it.

Take the advice or not. If you want reconciliation you’ll listen or continue doing the same things expecting different results.

Being obedient isn't being legalistic. I am a Christian. Please don't talk to me as if I'm not. I don't judge other Christians; it sounds like you are. I am NOT under the old law and I haven't put myself there. Being saved by the atonement of Jesus doesn't mean, "Go on sinning." No person on earth is perfectly obedient.

Upvote 0

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being obedient isn't being legalistic. I am a Christian. Please don't talk to me as if I'm not. I don't judge other Christians; it sounds like you are. I am NOT under the old law and I haven't put myself there. Being saved by the atonement of Jesus doesn't mean, "Go on sinning." No person on earth is perfectly obedient.

All the best then. Hope you can reconcile.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.