Us
✟43,870.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I come from a non-religious family. Both my parents are scientists. I ended up turning to Christ on my own (more like he called me, but long story) and repented. But obviously my parents wont...I dont want to loose them. I dont want to loose them to hell and idk what to do. Theres no way they will repent, and yet theres no other way to get them into heaven. Can I pray and ask for forgiveness FOR them? Obviously I dont know all their sins but maybe I can try? Idk

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I come from a non-religious family. Both my parents are scientists. I ended up turning to Christ on my own (more like he called me, but long story) and repented. But obviously my parents wont...I dont want to loose them. I dont want to loose them to hell and idk what to do. Theres no way they will repent, and yet theres no other way to get them into heaven. Can I pray and ask for forgiveness FOR them? Obviously I dont know all their sins but maybe I can try? Idk
Yes - pray and ask God to forgive them and convert them.

On the cross Jesus prays for the pagans crucifying Him and for the Jews urging/forcing them to crucify Him "Father forgive them for they know not what they do" -- His prayer for them would be answered/fulfilled the moment that they accept the Gospel and are born again. So yes -- pray that prayer.

And God bless you in your efforts to convert them from belief in the doctrines on origins taught in their belief in evolutionism - vs what we find in the Bible. And remember "science is your friend". But their science is loaded with what the atheist world-class scientist Collin Patterson called "stories easy enough to tell but they are not science". He "wrote the book" on Evolution in England's British Museum of Natural History - but lamented the "story telling" so rife in the religion of evolutionism trying to prop it up. It was his belief system too - he just did not like the way it has to be promoted.

You will never find a math sciences scholar or a scholar in chemistry saying that he needs "stories easy enough to tell" to get NaCl as a precipitant in a reaction -- or lamenting such stories are needed for observable chemical reactions. That is not a part of real science. But a form of science-so-called ,that is so heavily dependent on "story telling", gets into that sort of mess - all day long.

It is much more "rational and reasonable" to say that vastly complex systems are designed by a vastly much more complex designer than to imagine to one's self that "dust, gas, rocks and sunlight in sufficient quantity and over a sufficiently long period of time - will come up with a horse".

God's answers are not "just the right ones" as far as what actually happened in real history - they are also the most reasonable ones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Can I pray and ask for forgiveness FOR them?
Yes, you can pray and intercede for them. My Grandmother did not get saved until she was 99 years old. I think the last year was the best year of her life because she had a peace that she never had before. She always wanted to believe and finally, at the end, she did get saved. They even took her to the church and she went to the alter.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They knew scripture better than any of us

Yes - pray and ask God to forgive them and convert them.

Good advice.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Pray for their salvation. Ask God if there's anything you can do to lead them to Christ.

I know it's hard to think of a loved one going to hell. I worry about my dad. I really hope he's saved but I don't think he is.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Both my parents are scientists. I ended up turning to Christ on my own (more like he called me, but long story) and repented. But obviously my parents wont...I dont want to loose them.
There are several things you can do.
Yes you can pray for your parents, pray that they will look at the evidence for Christianity, that they will investigate Christianity.
You can live as a Christian in front of them, diffficult as they know you and see you at your worst, but also challenging for them as they see you have changed.
You can learn to explain what and why you believe.
Sites like reasonablefaith, winteryknight, toughquestionsanswered and coldcasechristianity are useful for this as are two questions.

What do you believe?
What evidence do you have for that belief?

They are scientists, so they should be able to evaluate the evidence and it is your job to confront them with the evidence.

Reactions: dmoban
Upvote 0