I love my Staffordshire Terrior a.k.a. "Pitbull" Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

awashinlove

all encompassingly. ~Mitch Hedberg
Mar 17, 2005
Visit site
✟10,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
How are you doing?

I'm enjoying the season! How are you, woman.at.the.well? I pray all of your sister's dogs are fairing well and Christmas will come without further concern. :prayer:

Shesjr said:
I could use a hug right now.

:hug:

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

awashinlove said:
I'm enjoying the season! How are you, woman.at.the.well? I pray all of your sister's dogs are fairing well and Christmas will come without further concern. :prayer:

:hug:

you are enjoying the season. I am doing very well. Looking forward to some time off. It's been a hectic couple of weeks at my work but relief is coming soon!

I am very saddened to report that only 2 puppies made it. I really need to call my sis and see how there doing again. I know she said they will not be doing this anymore. It was too hard on the mom and too hard on the puppies as well as all of them. Thank you so much for asking and your thoughtfulness.:hug:

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

AussieLover said:
I dont have one, but I saw one on TV that was wanting to be petted, and loved, and could NEVER hurt a fly! :)

that is pretty typical for amstaffs, etc. They are exceptionally loving and absolutely adore their human companions. There is NOTHING like a staffy/pit greeting -- it's the best.

They get soooooooo sad when you leave them. It makes me feel guilty and wish I could stay home with them all day.

If bad humans would just leave the breed alone and stop inner breeding them and making them mean/fight that would be awesome. I just don't know how we got from them (pits) being cool -- like on "Our Gang," to where we are at now -- people/cities banning them. It's very, very sad.

Thank you so much for coming by and sharing that with us. We love to hear good stuff about pits and pitx's. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

before I leave for a few weeks and say:

Happy birthday to You!
Happy birthday to You!
Happy birthday Dear Jesus!
Happy Birthday to You!

and
hl200.gif

to you and your family!
Love & Hugs,
WATW, Dantheman, Tison, Jasmine, Boo, Pretty Boy, Butch, Sundance, and our new addition baby bird (who remains nameless until we get to see more of his/her little personality - I'm thinking Jonah :0)

Reactions: LadyBlue
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tommyt

Apr 8, 2005
Georgia
✟15,202.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
woman.at.the.well said:
Actually symphony. . .a pitbull is not a breed at all, as you will see if you go back over my previous post. A pitbull is basically what happens to a staffy/"bull"dog when it has been trained to go in a "pit" and mame if not kill another dog of similar breed. In other words a staffy can BECOME a pitbull if some idiot trains it to be a "pit"bull. So you are correct in stating you thought it was a "rough term." That's exactly what it is. The problem is . . .not all staffy's or bulldog breeds have been trained to mame or kill but they get stuck with the same label as a killer type of dog.

LOL. I love your description of their behavior, "happy hyperness!" That is them to a "T." There is nothing like a greeting from this wonderful breed of dog. They absolutely adore their people and will knock you down on your keister and lick you from head to toe if they can get away with it!

They are seizing pitbulls in Denver, Co too according to the news in another thread in this pet area. Take a look at it if you like and haven't already.

You are so right when stating that there is a bias in the media where pits are concerned as well as rotties and some other breeds that I have been around and find to be wonderful people/family dogs. Thank you so much for mentioning the other breeds who have mauled as well.

Thank you for posting your good 2 cents regarding the beautiful staffy breed dog! May God richly bless you!:hug:

I don't mean to butt in but..
The term pit bull is a general term as you say. However, the American Pit Bull Terrier is a breed.

Upvote 0

tommyt

Apr 8, 2005
Georgia
✟15,202.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Here is Buck, my American Pit Bull Terrier (yes, it is a breed). He recently took 2nd place at an ADBA show and I am planning to go to the next one in my area and win first! He is also going to start weight pull training in 6 months. He is a year old and is from game lines. He is a great dog. I have had APBTs for many years and I have found that the ones from reputable kennels that only breed from game lines are the best in every way, in my opinion. Tell me what you think.

Merry Christmas and God bless!

Attachments

• buck 11months.jpg
    buck 11months.jpg
    769 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 0

lovestrav

Mar 17, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Awesome dog TommyT...

Yes, There is the APBT, but very few people know it, and virtually none mean the breed when they say pit bull. I've seen pitties come to mean anything from Boxer to Rottie. Anything that has a square head seems to be a pit bull these days. It's a darn shame!

Good Luck in the ring with your boy! Here's to many happy first place memories!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

awashinlove

all encompassingly. ~Mitch Hedberg
Mar 17, 2005
Visit site
✟10,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
No story, here. Picture, though. :D Supposedly my guy Jackson is a Pit/Dal mix (he came through a rescue in another state, and someone there claimed to know for certainty). I'm not so sure, though -- I believe he's capable of being the offspring of a Pit mix, but I don't see 50% Pit in him (or 50% Dalmatian, if any Dal at all). But, hey, I'll throw a mutt in the mix, anyway! :holy:

Upvote 0

lovestrav

Mar 17, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome Desert_pea.
Thank you for posting, and it is entirely too bad that they have been banned where you are. Of course, if you don't agree with a law, work to change it!!

More and more breed specific laws are enacted every day, and it doesn't have to be that way, and once they are enacted, it doesnt mean they are set in stone. Does the majority really feel that these beautiful dogs should be banned?? I doubt it!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.