I love my Staffordshire Terrior a.k.a. "Pitbull" Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woman.at.the.well

Can you believe I have not been on CF since January? Where have I been?

I am so pleased to see this thread still going strong. Good Job Woman at the Well!!

It is so very good to see you back lovestrav! We have really missed you around here. You will have to fill us in on Topper's doings as well as the rest of your family! How have you been? :hug:

Upvote 0

Savedsis

Seasoned Salty Sista
Oct 6, 2004
Farmville or diving into Little Rock Pool or on Is
✟117,391.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
by the way! I second what Savedsis said . . . hello everyone! God bless!

How are you doing Savedsis? :hug:
I am doing fine and so is Max...He still is a big ol baby...Lots of fun....

Upvote 0

Savedsis

Seasoned Salty Sista
Oct 6, 2004
Farmville or diving into Little Rock Pool or on Is
✟117,391.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

He is a big baby.....So funny....He seems to be calming down somewhat......lol

Tison calmed down about the time he 2 yrs old. Jasmine is about five months away from the calming down stage. Although she seems to have taken on some of Ti's charateristics LIKE being calm, she DOES have her spirts for sure! And likewise Tison can get all charged up as well ;)

Jaz jets through the apt. like a little tornado, running from room to room to room to room. I let her do it too, because it is so hot here in the summer we can't let them out and exercise them like they should be. So they play puppy romper room in the house instead! It's nice and cool there :clap: .

It is finally starting to cool off enough where we can take them for runs in the morning on the weekends. We take them to a local ball park with fences and let em rip! They have a blast!

That's the key with pups and especially pitties . . .they have GOT to have their energy released or they will find mischievious ways to release it on their own - like chomping on your shoes or shredding your couch!

Hugs to all!
WATW

Upvote 0

tommyt

Apr 8, 2005
Georgia
✟15,202.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I know this is late but there is an ADBA sanctioned dog show this weekend, SEPT 16& 17. It will be alot of fun.

IT IS NOW BEING HELD AT THE BRANSBY OUTDOOR YMCA - 1185 ROCK CHAPEL ROAD / LITHONIA, GA 30058 - FOLLOWING ARE DIRECTIONS FROM THE ORIGINAL SITE AND HOTEL AREA:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...&2g=83i9pG98GzE=
PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO ANYONE THAT MIGHT BE ATTENDING,
678-886-0093

GA APBT ASSOCIATION
SANCTIONED CONFORMATION SHOW & WEIGHT PULL

SEPTEMBER 16 & 17

REGISTRATION BEGINS 10:00AM

JUDGES:
Ed Hinkle

REGISTRATION STARTS AT 10 A.M.

FUN CLASSES 12 P.M, CONFORMATION TO FOLLOW
WEIGHT PULL STARTS AT 11:30 A.M.

SANCTI0NED CLASSES $18.00 EACH
FUN CLASSES $10.00 EACH - JUDGES CHOICE, JR. HANDLER

ACE OF ACE AND CHAMPION OF CHAMPION CLASSES TO BE HELD IF PRE-ENTRIES ALLOW

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:

- NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS
- ALL DOGS MUST BE CRATED
- 4 FT LEADS ONLY
- BUCKLE COLLARS ONLY
- NO FACING OF DOGS
- NO CHOKE COLLARS
- NO HUMAN AGGRESSIVE DOGS NO DOG AGGRESSIVE HUMANS
- ABSOLUTELY NO PUPPY SALES

CAMPING HOOK UPS AVAILABLE, CONTACT BELOW FOR INFO

** FULL CONCESSIONS ON SITE
** NON-FOOD VENDORS ARE WELCOME CALL OR EMAIL FOR INFO (VENDORS MUST BRING THEIR OWN TABLES)

CONTACT INFORMATION:
georgiaapbt@aol.com / 678-886-0093 SHERRI

Hope to see someone there!
I'm assuming no one went to the show. My dog placed 1st on the first day and 2nd on the second. (gotta brag). We had alot of fun.

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

I'm assuming no one went to the show. My dog placed 1st on the first day and 2nd on the second. (gotta brag). We had alot of fun.

that is fantastic! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Your assumption was a safe one tommyt. As I said in an earlier reply to your invite, I live on the west coast so there was no way I would have made it to that show! Tell us all about the show! Brag! Brag! Brag!

Upvote 0

tommyt

Apr 8, 2005
Georgia
✟15,202.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks. The show was put on by some friends of mine. It was an ADBA sanctioned show with 103 dogs the first day and 104 the second day. Alot of famous dogs and breeders showed up. Of course, there were lots of really great looking dogs.

Here is a picture of my boy who took first and second. I would have posted pictures of the dogs that took best of show and best opposite but I don't have their permission.

http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL703/3106115/6312339/150286512.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
W

woman.at.the.well

Thanks. The show was put on by some friends of mine. It was an ADBA sanctioned show with 103 dogs the first day and 104 the second day. Alot of famous dogs and breeders showed up. Of course, there were lots of really great looking dogs.

Here is a picture of my boy who took first and second. I would have posted pictures of the dogs that took best of show and best opposite but I don't have their permission.

http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL703/3106115/6312339/150286512.jpg

Thank you for sharing a picture of your award winning boy! Just out of curiosity - is that breed of dog normally that thin? I'm not used to seeing ribs showing on a dog. You may have told us already - but what breed is this? Is he an inside or outside dog?

How about the rest of you - do you keep your hairy family members inside or out? The only time our dogs are outside is when they use the restroom and exercise. It's much too hot for dogs to be outside here in the desert. What are your feelings on leaving pets outside?

Reactions: Savedsis
Upvote 0

tommyt

Apr 8, 2005
Georgia
✟15,202.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for sharing a picture of your award winning boy! Just out of curiosity - is that breed of dog normally that thin? I'm not used to seeing ribs showing on a dog. You may have told us already - but what breed is this? Is he an inside or outside dog?

How about the rest of you - do you keep your hairy family members inside or out? The only time our dogs are outside is when they use the restroom and exercise. It's much too hot for dogs to be outside here in the desert. What are your feelings on leaving pets outside?
His breed is American Pit Bull Terrier. This is exactly what an APBT should look like. He is not thin by any means. He is conditioned. The dog is actually put in top condition for shows. His ribs are showing because he has minimal body fat. There is no loss of muscle but he has a low percentage of body fat. People aren't used to seeing dogs that are in excellent condition. Most people tend to think that a fat dog is a healthy dog when it is actually very unhealthy. He gets alot of exercise every day. However, a couple of months prior to the show, his workout is increased to many hours of intensive exercise throughout the week with adequate rest in between. It is alot of work but it pays off.

What you are looking at is a true representation of the American Pit Bull Terrier in all of its glory! He is in top condition. He is a working dog by all means and is not a show dog. That is why he doesn't look like the barrel chested, big headed, bow legged dogs that most people assumes as pit bulls. However, being that he is bred for work, he takes firsts at shows because the ADBA knows that form should follow function. They want the dog to look, work, and act the same now as they did a hundred years ago.

If you take an APBT to an ADBA show unconditioned, you might as well pack up and go home. These dogs are bred to be top athletes and they are expected to reflect that in the show ring.
Take for example huskies, the true sledding dogs that are used for and bred for the sole purpose of sledding look and act nothing like the huskies in the AKC showring. They are much leaner, athletic, and much more driven. The same goes for the APBT. The dogs bred for looks are in no way comparable to the dogs that are bred to perform.
By the way, the UKC, AKC, CKC, APBR, and many other registries are an absolute joke when referred to this breed. The most respected are ADBA and AADR. The UKC is next. However, they promote looks that hinder working ability therefore, rarely place true working dogs.

He is an inside dog and is a big baby. He is spoiled, for the most part and all the neighborhood kids love him.

Here is the ADBA conformation standard. http://www.adba.cc/p_pdetails.asp?fpid=32

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

His breed is American Pit Bull Terrier. This is exactly what an APBT should look like. He is not thin by any means. He is conditioned. The dog is actually put in top condition for shows. His ribs are showing because he has minimal body fat. There is no loss of muscle but he has a low percentage of body fat. People aren't used to seeing dogs that are in excellent condition. Most people tend to think that a fat dog is a healthy dog when it is actually very unhealthy. He gets alot of exercise every day. However, a couple of months prior to the show, his workout is increased to many hours of intensive exercise throughout the week with adequate rest in between. It is alot of work but it pays off.

What you are looking at is a true representation of the American Pit Bull Terrier in all of its glory! He is in top condition. He is a working dog by all means and is not a show dog. That is why he doesn't look like the barrel chested, big headed, bow legged dogs that most people assumes as pit bulls. However, being that he is bred for work, he takes firsts at shows because the ADBA knows that form should follow function. They want the dog to look, work, and act the same now as they did a hundred years ago.

If you take an APBT to an ADBA show unconditioned, you might as well pack up and go home. These dogs are bred to be top athletes and they are expected to reflect that in the show ring.
Take for example huskies, the true sledding dogs that are used for and bred for the sole purpose of sledding look and act nothing like the huskies in the AKC showring. They are much leaner, athletic, and much more driven. The same goes for the APBT. The dogs bred for looks are in no way comparable to the dogs that are bred to perform.
By the way, the UKC, AKC, CKC, APBR, and many other registries are an absolute joke when referred to this breed. The most respected are ADBA and AADR. The UKC is next. However, they promote looks that hinder working ability therefore, rarely place true working dogs.

He is an inside dog and is a big baby. He is spoiled, for the most part and all the neighborhood kids love him.

Here is the ADBA conformation standard. http://www.adba.cc/p_pdetails.asp?fpid=32

fooled me tommyt! But thank you for clearing that up. I would have never guessed he was an APBT!!! His marking resemble a rottie in ways but I guess I need to do some more homework and get to know the pitbull breed (and all its varieties) quite a bit better!

Either way he is gorgeous and I'm glad you get to share him with us - even if only in cyberspace! Thank you for the very informative post tommy! Bless you! I'm glad someone who knows what they're doing can appreciate this wonderful breed of dog.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tommyt

Apr 8, 2005
Georgia
✟15,202.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
fooled me tommyt! But thank you for clearing that up. I would have never guessed he was an APBT!!! His marking resemble a rottie in ways but I guess I need to do some more homework and get to know the pitbull breed (and all its varieties) quite a bit better!

Either way he is gorgeous and I'm glad you get to share him with us - even if only in cyberspace! Thank you for the very informative post tommy! Bless you! I'm glad someone who knows what they're doing can appreciate this wonderful breed of dog.
Hey! Thanks. Yeah, most people's idea of an APBT are way off. There are too many dogs out there that come no where near the standard that carry the "pit bull" name and it causes alot of confusion.
Also, his color really throws alot of people off. Unless, a person is very knowledgable with the breed, they assume he is a mutt. I have gotten used to it.

His coloration is black and tan. Not many bloodlines throw the coloration but it isn't rare.

Here is another link with the accepted colors in the ADBA standard.

http://www.adba.cc/p_gallary.asp?aid=5&pid=147

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

Hey! Thanks. Yeah, most people's idea of an APBT are way off. There are too many dogs out there that come no where near the standard that carry the "pit bull" name and it causes alot of confusion.
Also, his color really throws alot of people off. Unless, a person is very knowledgable with the breed, they assume he is a mutt. I have gotten used to it.

His coloration is black and tan. Not many bloodlines throw the coloration but it isn't rare.

Here is another link with the accepted colors in the ADBA standard.

http://www.adba.cc/p_gallary.asp?aid=5&pid=147

the one on the top page looks aLOT like your boy! yes, you are right about the confusion. that is why i am glad to see sites out there like, "find the pitbull" game. it certainly prooves how wrong alot of people are about the breed. and your dog helps with that argument. i bet the second they find out he's a pit, they hesitate eh? of course that depends on the state and area you are from. some aren't near as bad as others.

how was everyone's weekend?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.