I love my Staffordshire Terrior a.k.a. "Pitbull" Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissHollywood21

Jul 3, 2006
Minnesota
✟15,166.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
i don't have one to call my own. but my mom and I always go to the animal shelter everyother weekend just to vist. and there are ALWAYS a pit or a staff or pit staff mix. there. and i pick that one to play with. while i'm there. just so people who are walking by will see how sweet it is. and would want to adopt it. i've helped out A LOT of those breeds. one was even deaf. and it found a home. i wish i would have taken it. because i love special needs animals like that.

but there was this one that i LOVED her name was gyspy. she's been there for a good 3 months. and finally when it was really busy. i was playing with her. and people walking by were saying " Wow! look at how sweet that dog is!" all the while when some peoples kids would come up to pet her. hte parnets would quickly pull them away. and i'd tell them that she's very sweet. she loves kids. when she did. i loved that dog sooo much!

Upvote 0

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
:amen: Mr. Max had to be scolded yesterday. :( He ate a pair of my leather sandals. :cry: :eek: I know I shouldn't have left them by the door, but they were wet from rain when I came in, well, you guessed it: Max found them before I put them away and voila' they became a chewy. Bad Max, bad, bad Max. He was very ashamed and very sorry, but I had to scold him. He's over his shame today and is just as happy as every. Sweet Max, sweet, sweet Max. ;)

Upvote 0

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Isn't this the cutest little thing:

22.gif

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

hello valentine, littlecoda, lunalee, and misshollywood! it is so good to stop by real quick and see that this thread has been busy with lots of wonderful pit/staffie fans. you guys are the best and i really miss not being able to come say hi everyday or at least a few times a week.

hopefully things will be on track for me soon and i'll get to come around more. in the mean time thank you soooooooo much dear sister valentine for keeping this thread afloat! God bless you! :hug

All is well at our house with Ti and Jaz. Although I think Jaz is reverting back to some behavior that we thought was on it's way out. She is back to shredding (my couch YIKES ;0) but we still love her tons and are trying to be patient and work with her. The ironic part is it is when I leave her she does this. Not when my son leaves her! I think she has decided she is my dog - as pits/staffies have a habit of doing (one person dog) and when I leave she gets upset. So now we have to leave her (and her sidekick so she doesn't scream) in a bedroom that is now the dogroom :0)

God bless you and your wonderul pets! Talk to you soon.

Peace!
WATW

Upvote 0

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
:clap: I shall sleep much better tonight having seen WATW's post!! Max has been a little hyper because I haven't been totally up to par healthwise and his walks have been cut short. :( I'm sure I'll be much better in a few days, but in the meantime, we'll just have to live through his racing all through the house as if he's got a fire right behind him. ^_^

Upvote 0

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
:scratch: Have we lost all our posters? Here's a bit of a funny yet true story:
biggrin.gif
Around 6:45 Sunday morning, I took my dogs out for their morning potty time. BB ran over the hill and proceeded to take care of her business, while my beloved big guy Max dawdled a bit (as usual). Eventually he staked out a little corner near the end of our lawn and proceed to raise his leg and the stream started. Suddenly he jumped and took off running biting at the air, his back, etc., so I took off running to see what was wrong. He had decided to do his stream directly onto a yellow jacket nest. Well they were quite
angry.gif
and he had several of them on his back. Being a fruitcake, I decided to try to brush them off with my hands and one went down or up (I have no idea how he gained entry) my shirt.
eek3.gif
. Max and I both made a beeline to the house, him yelping, me screaming . . . and trying to get the bee out of my shirt. We got inside and I took off up the steps screaming for my husband to help me. Poor Max retreated to a corner to lick his stings and by the time I'd tended my seven stings, his foot has swollen twice its normal size and he had golf ball sized knots all over his back. I gave him some benadryl and iced down the knots and in a couple/hours we both were fine. I would imagine the scene from my backyard was a bit like Keystone Kops. This was not my finest hour.
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
biggrin.gif
lol.gif
In retrospect, I'm
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Upvote 0

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
DivineRAiN said:
ouches, yer poor baby-dog.. how's he doing about going outside?

:thumbsup: He's fine, but definitely avoided that one corner for a while!! The first couple/days after the INCIDENT ;) he would run straight in the opposite direction glancing over to his place of terror!! Now he's over it. We put sevin dust all over the area which I hate to do, but felt we had no choice. The yellow jackets are gone now (as well as every other bug that may have been in that spot). Max is such a character and almost like a big baby. I'm so glad he's fine. I was scared to death. :(

Upvote 0

DivineRAiN

Jul 25, 2005
Detroit
✟635.00
Faith
Christian
today my dog, China, got bit by something n had an allergic reaction. My poor baby was so swollen, knots everywhere, her skin was inflamed. I found her on the bathroom floor just tearing herself up. My neighbor gave me a cpl off-brand capsules that works like benedryl n I have them to her 5 hrs apart. She's mellowed out n the swelling went down. Felt so sorry for her

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
DivineRAiN said:
today my dog, China, got bit by something n had an allergic reaction. My poor baby was so swollen, knots everywhere, her skin was inflamed. I found her on the bathroom floor just tearing herself up. My neighbor gave me a cpl off-brand capsules that works like benedryl n I have them to her 5 hrs apart. She's mellowed out n the swelling went down. Felt so sorry for her

:( Poor little baby!!!! I hope she does okay from here on out. Please keep us updated!!

Upvote 0

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

That story abou t Khaos is awesome. I understand the PET bull all too well! They are really something and you do get so hooked on them so quickly. Neat story!

Hello everyone! It is so good to be back! I've missed not coming on and seeing how everyone is.

We're doing our best to keep Ti & Jaz cool in this horrible desert heat. The poor babies can't even go out hardly long enuf to pee anymore. Thank God we have a nice chunk of shade on the side of our place after about 2pm tho!

Hope to see you all around soon!

Love & Hugs,
WATW and her hairy friends!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
W

woman.at.the.well

Hi everyone!

I should be around more. I've missed not talking to you awesome folks about our favorite breed of dogs and animals in general. Bless you all for your hearts with the hairy ones (and not so hairy sometimes :0).

It is still very hot and quite humid (for the desert) lately. We will probably hit close to 120 degrees today and about 25-30% humidity. Nice heat index of about 130 I imagine? Not sure how they figure that. But it's pretty sad when my dogs know right where every inch of shade is in yard and go right too it to do their business.

Finally was able to let them run a bit at my parent's house who have a fenced in yard before it got too blasted hot. I know their glad! My son (their human dad :0) took them to the lake on Sunday and they were two pooped puppers when they got home!

Hope you all are surviving your summer - if it is summer where you are. Stay cool and keep your pets cool please :0)

Lots of love and hugs to you and your pets!
WATW and her bunch!

Upvote 0

Savedsis

Seasoned Salty Sista
Oct 6, 2004
Farmville or diving into Little Rock Pool or on Is
✟117,391.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi everyone,...Today when my husband and I were coming out of the gym..There was the sweetest little puppy...He was adorable....He followed us to the car and was hugging our legs like please take me home....I wanted him, but never dreamed my husband would let me...We had a dog and he died and he said no more...Well, he picked him up and said he might get hit I am going to take him home....He put him in and told me he would put an ad in the paper and state if someone called to identify him they could have him back....
I want this little puppy...I really think someone dropped him off there because it is at a clinic and gym and people go in and out all day....I work at a library and sometimes that happens at my worksite....
I pray I get to keep him..:pray: .., but if someone is searching for a sweet little puppy I pray they will call and get him back.....We will care for him until they call.....

Upvote 0

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
woman.at.the.well said:
Hi everyone!

I should be around more. I've missed not talking to you awesome folks about our favorite breed of dogs and animals in general. Bless you all for your hearts with the hairy ones (and not so hairy sometimes :0).

It is still very hot and quite humid (for the desert) lately. We will probably hit close to 120 degrees today and about 25-30% humidity. Nice heat index of about 130 I imagine? Not sure how they figure that. But it's pretty sad when my dogs know right where every inch of shade is in yard and go right too it to do their business.

Finally was able to let them run a bit at my parent's house who have a fenced in yard before it got too blasted hot. I know their glad! My son (their human dad :0) took them to the lake on Sunday and they were two pooped puppers when they got home!

Hope you all are surviving your summer - if it is summer where you are. Stay cool and keep your pets cool please :0)

Lots of love and hugs to you and your pets!
WATW and her bunch!

:hug::hug::hug: Hugs to you, WATW!!! Its hotter than blazes here too and the humidity is ghastly!!! I've been working out in my yard most of the day and have been very, very busy!!! Max is doing great and is still one of the great loves of my life. Don't get to post much since we've been doing a fair amount of traveling this year and loads is going on here at home, but God is still blessing us and I totally thank and give Him praise for blessing me with Max. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.