Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please help. I posted awhile back but can't find that thread anymore. I thought I was saved for 11 years. A few years ago I prayed and asked God to show me what was causing my mild anxiety and depression. He showed me that I did what the Rich Young Ruler did. During 2004-2006 God was asking me to give up a relationship and follow Jesus. I did not. I did what the Rich Young Ruler did and held onto my idol, I married the person.

Are you SURE? It sounds like your husband is a Christian. There's nothing wrong with marrying another Christian.

I will never be a part of God's Kingdom and I so badly wanted to be.

Romans 10:9: If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

What do I do? How do I handle all this fear, sadness, and anxiety.

You need to see a pastor or a mental health professional. Probably both.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, I am without Him and I'm not gonna make it.
Moses went to the desert for 40 years with no sign from God ( imagine 40 years in the desert all alone, not even a sign of God and living by yourself, are you even 40 years old yet?), then God moved and we read about all that he did in Moses after that.. God is not revealing Himself to you right now, this in no way says you are not saved or if you weren't to begin with, now can't be save.. You need to rest in Him and rest in the promising scriptures rather than the doom. God can give you experiences of His presence but so can your mind and Satan can project things into your mind as well and instantly, he loves to mimic as if God. Feeling things can be great but isn't your best compass because it can be or can get contaminated. Sometimes/most of the time, it's not what you are feeling but what is spoken to you through scripture, there are real promises there. Women in particular run on emotion ( scientifically it's something like 60% for women and 40% for men how emotion effects us, that can manifest as discernment or detriment) but again this is not your best gauge. So about those promises from written word:

There are no works unto salvation, justification in fact is lack of work but a gift of grace in faith from God. Sanctification though takes some effort, some response. Justification is your ticket out of hell fwiw. It would not be in the nature of scripture or Jesus to have put a condition on you to get saved ( abandon that man and I will save you, does that really sound like Jesus Christ to you ?). It might be a condition in sanctification but not justification. Salvation is simple it's about trusting and believing in Jesus Christ and what He did at the cross for us and we personally accepting Him. Period. So I don't know who or what you were hearing from surrounding your salvation but what you were instructed is something not of Gods nature according to scripture.

Jesus died for your sins and God wishes that no one should perish. Don't condemn yourself to hell because God doesn't really want you there sweet heart !

Another promise is God is for you not against you. Also He will never leave you nor forsake you. Just because you don't sense His presence right now doesn't mean He is not there. We love to go negative.

Trust in the truths, not so much in your emotion. Just because right now you can't feel something by no means indicates He is not in your life. On the contrary, you're married now, God cherishes marriage ( satan hate a good marriage). God may be working in the background arranging blessings that will be revealed at a later date, like Moses ( hopefully you don't have to wait 40 years lol).

You need to calm down and be rational about this. I believe we live in a time of two Jesus Christs, the real one of scripture and the false one of Satan's projections and even infiltration of some churches. Read the promising scriptures and realize that God wants you in heaven not hell. Discern the spirit by proving it out and then once revealed as false cast it away with the help of the real Jesus Christ.

Finally: Seek the Lord with all your heart, mind and strength. If you can't work this out I can get you a number to get in contact with a pastor counselor. Or CF also has a chaplain you could speak with. You are too distressed to ignore this. But I don't believe God has abandoned you, He just isn't revealing himself to you right now. This is more common than Him leaving someone to the wilds of the devil . Meanwhile be careful what voices you listen to.

Upvote 0

Mjh29

May 31, 2017
USA
✟8,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate all the encouragement but I am damned and nothing can change that. I need to know what to do now.
a few problems with what you are saying.
1.) God would never contradict Himself. You saying you are condemned for marrying a Christian man is going against what God has expressly said in His Word. He is perfect and unchanging.
2.) God does not audibly speak to anyone. I'm sorry, He just doesnt. If He did, I would like to as why you didnt write it down and stick it inside your bible right after Revelation. We have a closed-cannon of Scripture, and if God spoke his words to you, that would be counted as Scripture.
3.) We are not saved by what we do and do not do anyways. It has always been by God's grace through Christ's Atonement that we have been made clean and acceptable in God's sight. You can never do anything to merit Christ's work. My thoughts? I think you may be regreting making a decision to marry, and may have convinced yourself that it is because God told you not to, but that is just not true. It was not God speaking to you, im sorry. Perhaps it is your own insecurities, but Go would never ever contradict himself. I suggest you seek a Christian Counselor, and try to find the real root of the problem. My thought and prayers go out to you, and may God bless you in this time of need

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Kim watch and listen to the end please: <iframe width="777" height="340" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And then the long version: <iframe width="777" height="340" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right and I didn't follow Jesus. You have to follow Jesus to go to Heaven. Now it is too late, there is no opportunity for me to follow Jesus anymore. God told me this through just sensing His direction and warning of Hell.
right, because he is the only way and he holds all things together, that mean us. he leads us there...and if you were called to follow him..you be long to him...but i understand how difficult it is, so don't feel bad..you're still alive...you still have a chance to follow him and go his way...and to be honest we are to put him first so ..so if God really did tell you that he obviously must have a better plan for your life and in Jesus...he didnt leave you by the way..hes still there

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyway, have faith, because God is a god of *mercy*, leave aside your fatalism a bit and ask him with faith for an opportunity. (God i made mistakes but could you forgive me i want a closer relationship with you, help me understand in which position i am).
God is a God of opportunities. Do you think he will just close the door for you because a mistake? I don't think you are like Judas (if was indeed God that tell yout that, because i doubt he will tell you your husband or your salvation, that is really dubious).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Um no. You didn't lose anything. As long as you are still living on this Earth you still have time to get right with God..but the enemy is making you believe that because he comes to steal kill and destroy. And you believe that cause you are a weak person..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Chaplain David can perhaps help you out with your questions and your struggle. there is an entire forum for asking chaplains questions, both publicly or privately.

Please feel free to come to the Ask a Chaplain Forum and talk with one of our Chaplains. We'd be happy to help.

God bless and all the best.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do I get an apartment by myself? I'm disabled and can't work. Either way, I'm going to hell. How do I cope? I've tried prayer and Bible reading, it's completely empty. You can't imagine how sad I am. Never did I ever think something like this would happen to me.
Have you said the sinner's prayer and believed in you heart Jesus is Lord?

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. I’m not sure that saves anyone though.
Just remember that God knows the true you and He loves you more than you will ever know. I struggle with my salvation a lot too but I know that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour and only He and God's grace can save me. If you ever want to talk you can pm me anytime. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes. I’m not sure that saves anyone though.

Romans 10:9 New King James Version (NKJV)
9 that A)" style="font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; vertical-align: top;">if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

I am praying !

Reactions: God is good
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Something that I would recommend to anyone who doubts their salvation is to get with their pastor about it. This serves a couple of purposes. We can ask our pastor about what we've done, get his take on the problems we're having, and do what he suggests if there's any shortfall. A good pastor will lead you through all of this including becoming saved and born again.

God bless everyone.

• Agree
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0