BW
✟23,341.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have read the entire Quran and many hadiths because I believe that Islam plays a big role in the end times.

Here are a few things I noticed:

1. The Quran talks about hell very very often. It says things like the unbelievers will drink boiling water and pus in hell and that their skins will be replaced with other skins every time after they are burned so that the torment will continue. I have the feeling that the author is trying to force Muslims to believe with fear. I guess in the Koran is spoken about 300 times of hell. In the Bible, I estimate about 30 times. The Bible is about 7 times larger than the Koran.

2. War is often called for. Muslims must fight for Allah. Those who refuse are rebuked. The first Muslims put this into practice. Islam spread through wars in the early days, and that immensely. The Islamic wars of conquest are probably the largest ever.

3. Mohammed acted like a pedant. He was often fussy. His prayer, for example, had an excessive instruction.

4. Some things were copied from earlier writings. Things were taken from the Bible but also from other extra-biblical writings. It seems as if the Koran is a mixture of earlier writings.

5. The Koran is somewhat anti-Jewish, since the Jews are called the worst enemies.

eleos1954
eleos1954
No doubt there are differences between the Koran/ Quran and the Christian bible …. It is a matter of which one is accepted as their authority.
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Reading the NT the first reaction is, anti semetic.
Since there are precious few mentions of Arabs in the NT, I assume you mean anti-Jewish. The Old Testament contains the most anti-Jewish writings I've ever read, and I've read Luther and Hitler.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have read the entire Quran and many hadiths because I believe that Islam plays a big role in the end times.

That's interesting that you say that. I have a relative that listens to Perry Stone. She was watching one of his videos one day and I remember he said something about Muslims and the End Times. One of his reasons was because they are the only group of people alive now that still do beheadings.

I personally do not have enough information about the Muslims and Islam to conclude their relation to the End Times.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON
Thread has been moved to a more appropriate forum and posts from non-Christians have been removed as only Christians can post in this forum.
ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Emun

Aug 31, 2022
BW
✟23,341.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
An interesting thing I have heard is that Jesus is called the Messiah in the Koran. No other person in the Koran got that title.
The Koran calls Jesus Messiah but does not describe it. It does not explain why he is the Messiah and what the Messiah is. When I read the Bible, I know the answers. The Messiah is the Savior, the King, the High Priest.

In Islam, Jesus has a different position. They believe he will come back and kill the Dajjal (similar to the Antichrist) with another messianic person. Then he will live on earth for 40 years and during that time he will marry and have children and then die.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Koran calls Jesus Messiah but does not describe it. It does not explain why he is the Messiah and what the Messiah is. When I read the Bible, I know the answers. The Messiah is the Savior, the King, the High Priest.

In Islam, Jesus has a different position. They believe he will come back and kill the Dajjal (similar to the Antichrist) with another messianic person. Then he will live on earth for 40 years and during that time he will marry and have children and then die.
I just think it's an argument for Christianity when talking to Muslims, like: "Why does your Koran call Jesus the Messiah"?

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,911.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
  • The Koran calls Jesus Messiah but does not describe it. It does not explain why he is the Messiah and what the Messiah is.
Below are the most comprehensive verses found in the Qur'an that describe Jesus. There are others, but this is the best overall summary found in the Qur'an.

The Angels said, “O Mary, God gives you good news of a Word from Him. His name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, well-esteemed in this world and the next, and one of the nearest.

He will speak to the people from the crib, and in adulthood, and will be one of the righteous.”

She said, “My Lord, how can I have a child, when no man has touched me?” He said, “It will be so. God creates whatever He wills. To have anything done, He only says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is.”

And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel.

A messenger to the Children of Israel: “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you out of clay the figure of a bird; then I breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God’s leave. And I heal the blind and the leprous, and I revive the dead, by God’s leave. And I inform you concerning what you eat, and what you store in your homes. In that is a sign for you, if you are believers.”

“And verifying what lies before me of the Torah, and to make lawful for you some of what was forbidden to you. I have come to you with a sign from your Lord; so fear God, and obey me.”

“God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.”

When Jesus sensed disbelief on their part, he said, “Who are my allies towards God?” The disciples said, “We are God’s allies; we have believed in God, and bear witness that we submit.”

“Our Lord, we have believed in what You have revealed, and we have followed the Messenger, so count us among the witnesses.”

They planned, and God planned; but God is the Best of planners.

God said, “O Jesus, I am terminating your life, and raising you to Me, and clearing you of those who disbelieve. And I will make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve, until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return; then I will judge between you regarding what you were disputing.

As for those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe punishment, in this world and the next, and they will have no helpers.

And as for those who believe and do good works, He will give them their rewards in full. God does not love the unjust.”
(Qur'an 3:45-57)

The verses above along with others found in the Qur'an teach that:
  • Jesus was born of a virgin
  • Jesus was the "Word" of God
  • Jesus was the Messiah sent to the children of Israel to confirm the Torah and bring them the gospel.
  • Jesus lived a righteous life
  • Jesus performed miracles. Healed the blind, the sick, and raised the dead.
  • He removed some of the law of Moses
  • Jesus was raised into heaven and sits with God and will return at the day of the Resurrection (Judgement Day)
  • Those who do not believe will face punishment in this life and the afterlife, those who believe and do good deeds will be rewarded.

The Qur'an opens many different avenues in which to approach Muslims with the Gospel.

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

Emun

Aug 31, 2022
BW
✟23,341.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Below are the most comprehensive verses found in the Qur'an that describe Jesus. There are others, but this is the best overall summary found in the Qur'an.

The Angels said, “O Mary, God gives you good news of a Word from Him. His name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, well-esteemed in this world and the next, and one of the nearest.

He will speak to the people from the crib, and in adulthood, and will be one of the righteous.”

She said, “My Lord, how can I have a child, when no man has touched me?” He said, “It will be so. God creates whatever He wills. To have anything done, He only says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is.”

And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel.

A messenger to the Children of Israel: “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you out of clay the figure of a bird; then I breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God’s leave. And I heal the blind and the leprous, and I revive the dead, by God’s leave. And I inform you concerning what you eat, and what you store in your homes. In that is a sign for you, if you are believers.”

“And verifying what lies before me of the Torah, and to make lawful for you some of what was forbidden to you. I have come to you with a sign from your Lord; so fear God, and obey me.”

“God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.”

When Jesus sensed disbelief on their part, he said, “Who are my allies towards God?” The disciples said, “We are God’s allies; we have believed in God, and bear witness that we submit.”

“Our Lord, we have believed in what You have revealed, and we have followed the Messenger, so count us among the witnesses.”

They planned, and God planned; but God is the Best of planners.

God said, “O Jesus, I am terminating your life, and raising you to Me, and clearing you of those who disbelieve. And I will make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve, until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return; then I will judge between you regarding what you were disputing.

As for those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe punishment, in this world and the next, and they will have no helpers.

And as for those who believe and do good works, He will give them their rewards in full. God does not love the unjust.”
(Qur'an 3:45-57)

The verses above along with others found in the Qur'an teach that:
  • Jesus was born of a virgin
  • Jesus was the "Word" of God
  • Jesus was the Messiah sent to the children of Israel to confirm the Torah and bring them the gospel.
  • Jesus lived a righteous life
  • Jesus performed miracles. Healed the blind, the sick, and raised the dead.
  • He removed some of the law of Moses
  • Jesus was raised into heaven and sits with God and will return at the day of the Resurrection (Judgement Day)
  • Those who do not believe will face punishment in this life and the afterlife, those who believe and do good deeds will be rewarded.

The Qur'an opens many different avenues in which to approach Muslims with the Gospel.
And how does that explain what the Messiah is? Because Jesus is said to have performed miracles, he is the Messiah? Other prophets have done the same. What is the Messiah from the biblical point of view? The Messiah is God. But the Koran says that Jesus is not God. The Messiah is the one who died on the cross for your sins. The Quran says that Jesus was not crucified. The Messiah is King and High Priest. The Quran does not say a single word about this. You cannot derive from the Koran what the Messiah is.

The Koran is very anti-Christian, it tries to present the biblical gospel as false. Christians who believe in it are cursed.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,911.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And how does that explain what the Messiah is? Because Jesus is said to have performed miracles, he is the Messiah? Other prophets have done the same.
I was sharing what the Qur'an says about the messiah, why Jesus is called the messiah in Islam and who he is according to the Qur'an.
What is the Messiah from the biblical point of view? The Messiah is God. But the Koran says that Jesus is not God. The Messiah is the one who died on the cross for your sins. The Quran says that Jesus was not crucified. The Messiah is King and High Priest. The Quran does not say a single word about this.
I agree. The Quran rejects the idea that Jesus is the atoning sacrifice for our sins or that He is the Son of God. In Islam, Jesus is only a prophet. He is also the Messiah that delivered God’s message to the Children of Israel and will return in the end times and destroy the anti-christ just outside of Jerusalem. In doing this he will put an end to all falsehood and establish justice and peace throughout the world.
The Koran is very anti-Christian, it tries to present the biblical gospel as false. Christians who believe in it are cursed.
I highly doubt there are any Christians who follow the Qur'an's teachings or accept what is says about who Jesus is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emun

Aug 31, 2022
BW
✟23,341.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
why Jesus is called the messiah in Islam
No you didn't. None of the verses you mentioned explain what the Messiah is.

Jesus is the Messiah because he transmitted a message? So have other prophets. Therefore no unique selling point.

Jesus is the Messiah because he will kill the Antichrist? Jesus will not do that alone, another Messianic person will do that with Jesus. Again, not a unique selling point.
nd will return in the end times and destroy the anti-christ
This is not written in the Koran but in the Hadith. But what do you mean by end time? Do you think Jesus will come back on the Day of Resurrection? That is not quite true. Jesus will return before that time. He will kill the Dajjal with Mahdi. The Mahdi (the other messianic person) will then be the king of this world. Jesus will live a normal life, marry, have children, and then die.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,911.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jesus is the Messiah because he transmitted a message? So have other prophets. Therefore no unique selling point.

Jesus is the Messiah because he will kill the Antichrist?
Messiah simply means anointed one or chosen one. In Islam, Jesus is "the chosen one" sent to the children of Israel with the gospel (Injil) who will return at a future point in time to unite all believers, deliver them from injustice and bring peace to the world. Muslims do not equate the title Messiah with Savior, God or the Son of God.
This is not written in the Koran but in the Hadith. But what do you mean by end time? Do you think Jesus will come back on the Day of Resurrection? That is not quite true. Jesus will return before that time. He will kill the Dajjal with Mahdi. The Mahdi (the other messianic person) will then be the king of this world. Jesus will live a normal life, marry, have children, and then die.
I was just sharing what Muslims believe about Jesus, not my personal beliefs.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,911.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why do many Muslims today not care for the parts that encourage war? Do they think that was a historical command only to a certain group?
Muslims know and understand the historical context in which the Qur'an was written. They understand that the Muslims being spoken to in the Qur'an lived in a different culture, at a different point in time, and were facing unique situations.

• Informative
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Emun

Aug 31, 2022
BW
✟23,341.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do many Muslims today not care for the parts that encourage war? Do they think that was a historical command only to a certain group?
Because they don't have a caliphate. They need a caliphate and a caliph to start a holy war.

They are waiting for the arrival of the Mahdi, he will revive the caliphate and with him they will try to conquer the whole world.

It is interesting to know that the jizya will be abolished at the arrival of the Mahdi. The jizya is the protective tax for Christians and Jews so that they will be spared. In the Holy War, there are 3 options for unbelievers, either accept Islam or pay the protection tax or be killed. So when the jizya is abolished there are only two options, either you accept Islam or you die.

• Informative
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately most Christians will lead with some babble about Allah being a "pagan moon god", at which point the Muslim will mentally classify them as nincompoops and hear no more.

• Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the Messiah from the biblical point of view? The Messiah is God.
From a New Testament standpoint, yeah. But from an OT standpoint, "the Messiah" is simply "the annointed one or "the chosen one". The Muslims share that view with the Jews.
But the Koran says that Jesus is not God.
Correct. While the Muslims accept our Lord's virgin birth and acknowledging Him as the Messiah, Muslim and Jewish theology are very much the same.

I don't thinlk there are many Christians who follow the Quran. Why would they?

Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,588.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Coming Islamic Antichrist Full Trailer: What You Are Not Being Told... - YouTube | Christian Forums

That article, including videos, covers the Islamic Mahdi (Antichrist), Islamic Jesus (false prophet) and Dajjal.

Apparently, there is a UFO connection with Islam. Some Muslims think the UFOs are Jinn or demons. The singular of Jinn is Jinni. And we would know Jinni as genie. There is a reason genies come in a bottle. Interestingly, some Muslim scholars say that Jinn will plan a premier role in spreading Islam around the world after the Mahdi takes over.

Massive Demonic Presence on Earth Before Jesus Returns | Christian Forums

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apparently, there is a UFO connection with Islam. Some Muslims think the UFOs are Jinn or demons.
UFOs seem to hold a special place amongst the sillier members of society whatever their other religious beliefs. If they see something in the air and don't know what it is, it can't be a cloud, or a goose, or an airplane, or anything else mundane and unremarkable, it has to be a demon or a djinn or a ghost or a spaceship from Regulus IV. What nonsense!

Upvote 0