Jan 22, 2005
✟457,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My kitty kept getting in the way of my reading the newspaper on the floor. I threatened to wrap her up like a burrito. She lay down and gave me a look and so I did! She even let me! She is so funny and cracks me up! Kids couldn't believe I got to do it because all she does is bite them! ^_^ They know who mama is!

Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Casper is the gray cat in my avatar picture. We call him a cat dog because he acts like a dog. He is very mouthy. When he is inside and wants outside at 5 am he will jump on me when I am sleeping until I get up and open the door for him. I guess that's better than him peeing on the floor, but we do have a litter box

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Casper is the gray cat in my avatar picture. We call him a cat dog because he acts like a dog. He is very mouthy. When he is inside and wants outside at 5 am he will jump on me when I am sleeping until I get up and open the door for him. I guess that's better than him peeing on the floor, but we do have a litter box

Pet doors---one of mans greatest inventions!! We eventually did away with the liter box--He preferred going outside and we enjoyed a better smelling home when he did so! But not everyone can have pet doors---landlords don't like their property cut up.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pet doors---one of mans greatest inventions!! We eventually did away with the liter box--He preferred going outside and we enjoyed a better smelling home when he did so! But not everyone can have pet doors---landlords don't like their property cut up.

Casper also likes to kill things and leave their guts or maybe a head on the doorstep, so i don't think I'll be going with a cat door. No thanks. No telling what he would bring home

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
ok I got my cat like 3 years ago and he was an adult, but he acts like a little kid. We have to tuck him in every night and give him his treat food. I have never seen a cat act this way. At 7:30 at night he sits and stares and my mom for 20 minutes until we put him night night. If you ignore him he jumps on and off of furniture constantly. Is this normal for a cat or is mine just one of the crazy ones that are out there?

Keep in mind that there is a paradigm shift in the animal kingdom that has "mortal enemies" raising and caring for each other. I have seen a cat, dog and rat trio that were inseparable - taking care of each other. When a family wanted to adopt the DOG, she was told the trio were inseperable, and so the family actually adopted all three.

I am also reminded of a tigress that adopted a lion cub, raised her, and the lioness became part of her family. The lion would watch the tigress cubs, the cubs knew the lioness as an "aunt," and they even found comfort in her (like suckling.)

Your cat sounds like it is "evolving" hehe... More realistically, the cat is showing compound, complex emotions perhaps otherwise dismissed as only human.

You never know what the animal has been through, and why it behaves the way it does.

A family adopted a dog that would watch the parents sleep every night. It would put its paws on the "doggy gate," and peer into the room of the parents until they fell asleep.

Turns out the family that owned the dog previously faked going to sleep, waited for the dog to sleep, and then took him to the pound. He woke up "in jail." Your cat (since you say you got him as an adult) may be showing emotional hierarchy of needs - like humans (used to do.)

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Casper also likes to kill things and leave their guts or maybe a head on the doorstep, so i don't think I'll be going with a cat door. No thanks. No telling what he would bring home

Mine was declawed (not by me--I am opposed to that) so I didn't have to worry about that. But I had one years ago that was a great hunter--I would wake up in the middle of the night to grotesque crunching noises. She would bring in her kills and eat them on the bed--always leaving this one little piece that cats don't like, I believe it was the gall bladder. It was truly disgusting. But I had a garden that the gophers loved and she kept them at bay.

Upvote 0