United States
✟23,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
ok I got my cat like 3 years ago and he was an adult, but he acts like a little kid. We have to tuck him in every night and give him his treat food. I have never seen a cat act this way. At 7:30 at night he sits and stares and my mom for 20 minutes until we put him night night. If you ignore him he jumps on and off of furniture constantly. Is this normal for a cat or is mine just one of the crazy ones that are out there?

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think all acts are weird, because they aren't dogs.
Sounds like he is pretty smart, he gets what he wants from the humans.
We have a male cat I like but he is very vindictive. If he gets scolded, he will go and potty places he knows he isn't supposed to, like on the goats hay, in the garden path we walk on, in the garden. Him and my wife go round and round about this.
ipod pics 018.JPG
His name is Willie

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is this normal for a cat or is mine just one of the crazy ones that are out there?

Crazy IS normal for a cat. :)

Yeah, that's a little odd but doen't surprise me a bit, and I see those things as cool with mine.

Saw this yesterday I think it was, and goes to show, they are smart, and capable of doing something different than any other cat might...we just never know with them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ok I got my cat like 3 years ago and he was an adult, but he acts like a little kid. We have to tuck him in every night and give him his treat food. I have never seen a cat act this way. At 7:30 at night he sits and stares and my mom for 20 minutes until we put him night night. If you ignore him he jumps on and off of furniture constantly. Is this normal for a cat or is mine just one of the crazy ones that are out there?

Cats are great, and often much smarter than people think. Like dogs, their personalities are very diverse, and some need much more affection and attention than others. You apparently have one of the really cute, lovey dovey types. I had one cat that was as faithful as any dog. He was on the other side of a creek one evening, and I and my girlfriend saw where he was and started calling him to come to us from the other side. I thought he would go find his bridge somewhere down the creek, but he walked to the edge, thought about making the jump several times, and then jumped into the water and swam to us. It was amazing. I was really proud of him.

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I think all acts are weird, because they aren't dogs.
Sounds like he is pretty smart, he gets what he wants from the humans.
We have a male cat I like but he is very vindictive. If he gets scolded, he will go and potty places he knows he isn't supposed to, like on the goats hay, in the garden path we walk on, in the garden. Him and my wife go round and round about this.
View attachment 195557
His name is Willie
Cute cat.Apt name.

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ha! Seriously. They do start to in a way. My current dog insists on sleeping with a pillow.
The last dog we had was a hound dog that didn't do anything but sleep all day.Shep was so lazy that when I whistled for him or called his name ..he'd stare at me as if asking:"Who you talking to?" Then he'd yawn and go back to sleep.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The last dog we had was a hound dog that didn't do anything but sleep all day.Shep was so lazy that when I whistled for him or called his name ..he'd stare at me as if asking:"Who you talking to?" Then he'd yawn and go back to sleep.

In other words, "You ain't the boss of me." Ha!

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
one of them was peeing outside the litter box.
Willie does that too. He has the worst aim of any cat I have ever seen. The litter box would have .to be about 5 foot square.
dads fish 010.JPG

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Sounds like a perfectly normal cat to me!

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cats are great, and often much smarter than people think. Like dogs, their personalities are very diverse, and some need much more affection and attention than others. You apparently have one of the really cute, lovey dovey types. I had one cat that was as faithful as any dog. He was on the other side of a creek one evening, and I and my girlfriend saw where he was and started calling him to come to us from the other side. I thought he would go find his bridge somewhere down the creek, but he walked to the edge, thought about making the jump several times, and then jumped into the water and swam to us. It was amazing. I was really proud of him.

I and a couple of friends who had dogs had a long winded argument when they said dogs were smarter than cats...it's simply not true.

I left 2 cats with my brother when I had to go off for 3 months, he lives way out on a farm. When I got back he said one of the cats were gone, he had not seen him the whole 3 months, but for all he knew he came up at night to eat. I called once, he recognized my voice and was so far off I could barely but definitely heard him answer. He came to me directly.

Shocked my brother as he had called for him a lot. I was touched.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like a cat that was taken away from the mother to early. Even a cat that has no mother they like to keep them with the litter as long at they can. The kittens love to cuddle up with each other and they love to be nurtured and groomed by the mommy. Even though they fight with each other all day long.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I and a couple of friends who had dogs had a long winded argument when they said dogs were smarter than cats...it's simply not true.
Hunting dogs and cats are pretty equal. Herding dogs are smarter then the hunters. A shepherd dog can be pretty smart. I think cats make better mothers than dogs. So the kittens are better nurtured and not so needy as a dog and dependant as a dog.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love my kitty. She's only about 4 months old but man is she a spaz! I love it! She will run along the top of the couch back and forth at top speed and amazingly catches herself just before she falls off. She can chase and catch her tail and my son says she almost flushed the toilet herself the other day! And she's only so little! ^_^ We had a dog for 10 years but we didn't get any action out of him like we're getting out of this little miss thing. Cats rule, dogs drool! IMO! :D

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love my kitty. She's only about 4 months old but man is she a spaz! I love it! She will run along the top of the couch back and forth at top speed and amazingly catches herself just before she falls off. She can chase and catch her tail and my son says she almost flushed the toilet herself the other day! And she's only so little! ^_^ We had a dog for 10 years but we didn't get any action out of him like we're getting out of this little miss thing. Cats rule, dogs drool! IMO! :D
If you photograph them using a sports camera is is amazing the way they balance their body. There is a lot of precision involved.

• Agree
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0