United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a problem I need help with

On Nov 15th, I purchased a Amazon Gift Card from Kroger for $300 cash to use for Christmas shopping.
As you know I had Shoulder surgery on the 23rd. The card and receipt got lost. The local Kroger is staffed at %50. They will not even print the receipt. The phone customer service for both companies is a nightmare. Both use foreign countries that speaks very poor English. In fact, both use boiler rooms full of people and one can not even hear the person speaking to you. I am trapped in their maze of poor Customer Service. Today I sent both CEO's an email. Amazon replied and said it is Kroger's responsiblity by contract to issue a new gift card. Kroger refuses to take responsibility.

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟47,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

On Nov 15th, I purchased a Amazon Gift Card from Kroger for $300 cash to use for Christmas shopping.
As you know I had Shoulder surgery on the 23rd. The card and receipt got lost. The local Kroger is staffed at %50. They will not even print the receipt. The phone customer service for both companies is a nightmare. Both use foreign countries that speaks very poor English. In fact, both use boiler rooms full of people and one can not even hear the person speaking to you. I am trapped in their maze of poor Customer Service. Today I sent both CEO's an email. Amazon replied and said it is Kroger's responsiblity by contract to issue a new gift card. Kroger refuses to take responsibility.
Unfortunately, without that receipt, there may be little that Kroger can do. I don't even know if it's possible for them to print a receipt for a prior purchase.

You could try to contact the Better Business Bureau and see if they can help. Likely not, but complaints are logged against companies, and some don't like that very much, and possibly that would get a response.

Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I found this link. Seemed helpful. Good luck!

Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good News. The other day, I emailed Kroger's CEO at Corporate. Today, I got a replacement Gift Card from Kroger. I have not tried it yet because my wife wants to spend it. Thanks for your Prayers they have been answered. I noticed in my research that people are boycotting Amazon for selling Trump's wives products.

Upvote 0