• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I had eating disorders also

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, when I was growing up I had very little confidence because of others, but I kept working out, singing, helping people ... you know, I built myself up, really, people still make fun of me for wanting things, but here I sit anyways, I was very skinny on my skinniest, people used to ask if I had eating disorder, but I`ve also been overweight sometimes, but I always lost the extra weight, I think our confidence and how much we eat is linked together often, lately I`ve been drawing a little in addition to the singing and helping people, don`t know if I`m any good at it, but I attached a drawing of mine below, good to meet you all :)

Attachments

• hyutyrydt.jpg
    hyutyrydt.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 36

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have you been diagnosed as having an eating disorder?
People do not just stop having one, they have to work hard at controlling any disorder, solving what ever problems caused it and adopting a healthy eating pattern.

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Have you been diagnosed as having an eating disorder?
People do not just stop having one, they have to work hard at controlling any disorder, solving what ever problems caused it and adopting a healthy eating pattern.

Well, it was connected to my low self-worth caused by others I think, so today it`s sort of gone for good, no I never told a doctor about it

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, it was connected to my low self-worth caused by others I think, so today it`s sort of gone for good, no I never told a doctor about it

My unqualified, non medical opinion is you didn't have an eating disorder.

That said, you have got rid of low self estime, well done that take serious work.
Do take care of yourself as you, as all people are valuable.

Have you ever thought why are people valued?
Is it because they are work units, or consumer units producing and consuming for others profit?

Or is there another reason? What is your opinion?

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My unqualified, non medical opinion is you didn't have an eating disorder.

That said, you have got rid of low self estime, well done that take serious work.
Do take care of yourself as you, as all people are valuable.

Have you ever thought why are people valued?
Is it because they are work units, or consumer units producing and consuming for others profit?

Or is there another reason? What is your opinion?

Telling doctor about it I didn`t want because then you have to talk to someone else, so that I avoided completly, but okay, I had an suspecion about it that I had an eating disorder, yes it takes alot of work to feel normal, that`s true,

well, it`s an complicated question I think, most people, normal people, they usually just talk all day long, so when you yourself perhaps have a passion that you spend time on instead, you perhaps don`t talk as much, so they de-value you a little and in addition because they feel youre less mature and developed, like you just said, western people value work alot since society feels safe and comfortable, I was more passionate myself, but usually it`s okay, when they see me or I smile, they feel happy so

Upvote 0