• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I got diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you repent of having Covid-19?

Can you repent of having progressive neuro-muscular disease?

I ask those rhetorical questions because very often mental illnesses are due to a chemical imbalance in the brain. The usage of psychotropic medications, which often have profound side effects, are designed to prevent those voices from "rising to the top" of the thoughts of the mentally ill person. or with the NSSRIs and the SSRIs such as Zoloft, Prozac Lexapro and Paxil (among others), which are all designed to prevent the natural serotonin in the brain to be absorbed by the nerve cells. The first two medications are the most often prescribed medications in the USA.

So I am not scolding you, but rather educating you. Mental health is a complex issue, not given to fast fixes. People with this disease need compassionate understanding, and not condemnation or blame.

Please notice that the poster has restrained himself from blasphemy despite being tempted to do so.

From personal experience, I also know that mental illness also has a demonic component because once I recall a demon once asking me if I wanted to be mentally ill, and I refused him. That was quite the scary encounter.

Hope this helps your understanding.

I heard a pilot returning from Saudi Arabia, having Covid-19 but God delivered him. When I consider his testimony, he doesn’t care to save himself but give himself up that God bring many to Christ through him. When he was in the hospital, he gave what he has food, drink, prayers and comfort to those who are around suffering Covid-19. He prayed that God used him mightily.

I understand about mental health. I appreciate that you are trying to educate me.
I found that those who are healed DO NOT CONSIDER the diagnoses report or doctor report or health literature but they consider what God says that healing is children’s bread. When they consider, they believe and put trust what God’s promises are for them and that the Lord send His word to heal to them.

I do understand that mental illness have a demonic component but God has given authority to believers; believers need to exercise this authority and claim God’s promises.

You can pray this prayer:

O God, we have heard your mighty deeds with our ears,
our fathers have told us about your mighty deeds,
what deeds you performed in their days,
in the days of old:
with Your hand, You drove out the nations,
but them You planted them in [ the land],
You crushed the peoples
to make room for them.

for not by their own sword
did they conquer the land,
nor did their own arm
give them victory,
but Your right hand and Your arm, and the light of Your face,
because You favored them.
You are my King, O God;
command complete victory for me!

Through You, I push away my foes;
through Your name, I trample down my assailants.
For I don’t rely on my bow,
nor can my sword give me victory.
No, You have saved me from my adversaries; You put to shame those who hate me.
I will boasted in God all day
and I give thanks to Your name forever.
Amen-Psalms 44:1-8 CJB

Upvote 0

JohnT

Oct 27, 2007
Finger Lakes, NY
✟19,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand about mental health. I appreciate that you are trying to educate me.
I found that those who are healed DO NOT CONSIDER the diagnoses report or doctor report or health literature but they consider what God says that healing is children’s bread. When they consider, they believe and put trust what God’s promises are for them and that the Lord send His word to heal to them.

I do understand that mental illness have a demonic component but God has given authority to believers; believers need to exercise this authority and claim God’s promises.

No, your reply shows us clearly that you DO NOT understand mental illness. It is very complex. Please stop pretending that you understand because the information presented is best, characterized as "incomplete".

I had a psychiatrist at a state hospital confirm to me that when his patient, my client asked him how to silence the demons, he said "Only the blood of Jesus can do it."

Previously, he was a medical missionary.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, your reply shows us clearly that you DO NOT understand mental illness. It is very complex. Please stop pretending that you understand because the information presented is best, characterized as "incomplete".

I had a psychiatrist at a state hospital confirm to me that when his patient, my client asked him how to silence the demons, he said "Only the blood of Jesus can do it."

Previously, he was a medical missionary.

Good. That you find the way.

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟143,890.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you considered REPENTANCE?
Not, just regret or remorse but change your way or lifestyle !
To my knowledge I am not living in any major sin. I do sin occasionally but I don't smoke, drink, party, fornicate or practice any habitual sin except maybe gluttony sometimes. And also I do try to confess every evil thought that I have and repent from having them but controlling my mind is easier said than done. I want a pure and soft heart.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To my knowledge I am not living in any major sin. I do sin occasionally but I don't smoke, drink, party, fornicate or practice any habitual sin except maybe gluttony sometimes. And also I do try to confess every evil thought that I have and repent from having them but controlling my mind is easier said than done. I want a pure and soft heart.

Why I ask : have you repent? Most people think only about when they first accept the Lord and confess their sins but many do not come before the great High priest, the Lord Jesus Christ DAILY to confess their sins and be cleansed all of their unrighteousness.

From what you have said, I find that you are constantly harassed by the demons. So it is utmost, you come to the Lord to be reconciled with Heavenly Father and be at peace with Him. So, you don’t make God your enemy.
Why I think about that?

Well many believe in the Lord, but many doesn’t obey Him and the wrath of God remain on that person, and that makes that person, God’s enemy.

As we have heard:
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but THE WRATH OF GOD REMAINS ON him. -John 3:36

Perhaps, you may say how you know if on that person, the wrath of God remains:

Have you considered when David was silent, when he did not pray and confessed his sins; what happened to him, as it is written:

For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. -Psalms 32:3
For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer. Selah -Psalms 32:4

Whose hand was heavy on David ? Yes, it is God.

Only when, David acknowledge His sins, did not conceal his guilt and confess his offense that the Lord forgive the guilt of his sins.

After that, this is spoken:
Therefore let everyone who is godly offer prayer to you at a time when you may be found; surely in the rush of great waters, they shall not reach him. -Psalms 32:6
You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah -Psalms 32:7

So if you have trouble from demons, you have to hide with Christ in God.
How to hide ?
you need to surround yourself with songs; that means you have to praise Jesus, for what He has done for you. That He redeem you from sins. You have to praise for His faithfulness, that He can rescue from demons.
You need to praise Jesus for His righteousness to bring you out distress and give you life.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Currently I am suffering from near-constant intrusive thoughts blaspheming God, telling me to reject Christ and worship satan or blaspheme the Holy Spirit, and to commit all kinds of sins. It can also move my head if I allow it, nodding to answer yes, and shaking to answer no. This entity or whatever it is, claims to be a demon.

For over 6 months it pretended to be God, but this ruse was revealed a few months ago and now it is openly a demon. During the time it pretended to be God (all persons of the trinity), I was in a mental health ward following two suicide attempts. There I had more vivid hallucinations like I felt fire around my body, intense vibrations when I thought the rapture was going to happen, smelled burnt hair and saw a more full darkness when I thought demons were entering me. But I had no real visual hallucinations. It made me spread false prophecy about the rapture, a specific date of the rapture.

I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia despite not being paranoid or having visual hallucinations, or hearing voices.

I tried to go without antipsychotic meds but some hallucinations came back, like it being able to adjust my body temperature and the smell of burnt hair. So meds do help to some degree, but they do nothing for the constant blasphemous thoughts.

The demon says it hates me, enjoys seeing me suffer, wants me to go to hell, that it wants to destroy me, or use me to destroy other people, it hates humanity.

I checked this page and this entity or mental health problem ticks off boxes on both sides:
https://mentalillnesspolicy.org/coping/demonic-possession-mental-illness.html

It now has an aversion to religion but also pretended to be God, back then it had an attraction to religion. It has rational speech but no supernatural knowledge or occultic phenomena has been observed. It does now claim to possess me but previously it pretended to be God. Prayer has not solved the problem, and meds have helped with some of the hallucinations.

What do you guys make of this? Am I schizo or is this a legit demon? I am a bit confused to be honest.

The same exact things happen and are happening to me. Satan is trying to get us to doubt but take heart! God is on your side. God is always with you and when this is all over we will be rewarded beyond our wildest dreams. Ive been there (heaven) its a VERY wonderful place. Your death is going to be an infinite times better than your life.

Upvote 0

JohnT

Oct 27, 2007
Finger Lakes, NY
✟19,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So if you have trouble from demons, you have to hide with Christ in God.
How to hide ?
you need to surround yourself with songs; that means you have to praise Jesus, for what He has done for you. That He redeem you from sins. You have to praise for His faithfulness, that He can rescue from demons.
You need to praise Jesus for His righteousness to bring you out distress and give you life.

YES! it is good to remind ourselves of strength and peace with Jesus Christ. I agree with that last paragraph because Jesus Christ is our Healer:

Isaiah 53:
4 Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned every one to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him