Cheshire
Visit site
✟11,293.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Karl - Liberal Backslider said:
Actually, the best definition of baptism is a rite whereby a person is inducted into a doctrinal dispute that will dog them all the days of their life.
If you ever get a job with the Samaritans, Karl, it will be a black day for the country ;)

Congrats all who have been baptised. My baptism service was great because it was so relaxed, although I got really worried about doing my speech but there's nothing to be worried about really.

Steve_SandbachBaptist_UK.

Upvote 0

Man with Thorn

Nov 1, 2004
Windsor
✟7,798.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Karl - Liberal Backslider said:
Actually, the best definition of baptism is a rite whereby a person is inducted into a doctrinal dispute that will dog them all the days of their life.
(...rolls on floor clutching sides while wiping tears of laughter from eyes)
:thumbsup: ba-da-bing K, you have just summed up about 100 years of earnest dogged theological doctrinal dispute in one sentence!

I would qualify your words by inserting ''something which mankind has turned into'' between ''is'' and ''a rite..'' ;)

Upvote 0

ajuran

Aug 3, 2004
Visit site
✟376.00
Faith
Non-Denom
if you take the baby baptism serious i got baptized twice. cause i got baptiszed as a baby in the evangelical church and than 5 years ago as teenager. and i can remember most of it, still. its really one of the most special days. and it will bring much deep into your relationship with god. no matter for how long you have been a christian, after beeing baptized you will grow much quicker.

so, congrats! enjoy your new life! he is worth it!

Upvote 0