• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Liberal Angel

Jan 2, 2011
✟501.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
i duno if i told yall - but i dropped out of college this month for the second time in my life. and i tried working but in 2008 i went through 6 jobs in one year cause i would quit them all cuz its too hard....

well recently i been trying to get into shape - but its too hard for me too........i have come to the conclusion that everything in life is too hard and life isnt worth living anymore........

i might kill myself today - i havent decided yet......

but i have decided that i wont do anything anymore....no more dreams or anything..i wont work or go to school i will just stay with my parents or cousins or soemthing....im just gonna somehow get through this life and then hopefully when i die ill stop existing.

Nov 23, 2010
✟15,330.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
NICE!!! a female who is atheist and democrat!!! /hi5!

and i LOVE UR SIGNATURE LOL.......though i admit i dont udnerstand the joke behind ur avatar :( if u dont mind im going to share that quote on ur signature on facebook!

go ahead it belongs to John Stewart not me...and the avatar's inside joke roughly translates to 'poking [fun at] god'

Upvote 0

plumsink

Friend
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas
Visit site
✟10,777.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
i might kill myself today - i havent decided yet......

but i have decided that i wont do anything anymore....no more dreams or anything..i wont work or go to school i will just stay with my parents or cousins or soemthing....im just gonna somehow get through this life and then hopefully when i die ill stop existing.

I don't blame you, if I were an agnostic I would not think that life is worth living either. In fact I have been in that exact position and that is what I did actually think.

That is not the end of the story however. It is funny, a nihilistic agnostic with nothing to lose in life, won't try Christianity because.... why? You have something to lose after all? ;) Your pride, like that means anything? You said it yourself, in the end you are hoping for nonexistence after a life without meaning. What in the world do you have to lose?

Accept that you need help, and that the help you need does not come from yourself, or from people or human ways or human wisdom, but from God. Just say this, and mean it, and you can get that help that you need:

"Lord Jesus Christ I am a sinner. I believe that you died to free us from sin and give us eternal life, and I accept you as my Lord and Savior. Forgive me my sins and grant me Life in You."

You just have to do two little things: Say it and mean it. That's all. God can take it from there.

What exactly do you have to lose? What is so glorious about a meaningless life followed by nonexistence, which is the best you can hope for? I have been in the state you are in, that is no life.

The best I hope for is more than I now know, because I know our Father has more good things in store for us than we can even imagine.

Think about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 23, 2010
✟15,330.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah because christianity cures depression.... theres no christians who are depressed.......they dont even have a depression forum on ANY christian website...

Idiots.

A little harsh, but I agree adopting a religion would be a quick fix if that at all. Do you have any counselers or advisors you can talk to?

Upvote 0

plumsink

Friend
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas
Visit site
✟10,777.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yeah because christianity cures depression.... theres no christians who are depressed.......they dont even have a depression forum on ANY christian website...

Idiots.

<staff edit>

Christianity does not necessarily cure depression. Christianity cures meaninglessness. Your life can be meaningful, your life can have value, you can have love and support, but you can still be depressed. It is a disease.

Look for yourself where you go for help. To Christians. Why? <staff edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0