Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." --Philippians 4

"I have not the courage to force myself to seek beautiful prayers in books; not knowing which to choose I act as children do who cannot read; I say quite simply to the good God what I want to tell Him, and He always understands me." --St. Therese of Lisieux (The Little Flower)

I want this in the Spiritual Disciplines forum, because this truly is a discipline that we should all fall into. It's very simple; whenever your mind wanders off to whatever concerns are going on, whatever projects you're working on, whatever girl you're thinking about dating, just realize it's not in your control: "I give up. Do what you wish, God, you know better. Thank you for being here to catch everything I'll let go of."

This is my prayer tonight, and I want it to be yours, too--"I give up."

And I know that God will be here. And I know that every time I let go (and it gets easier with practice), there's a weird transition period, then things come out much better than I would've done on my own, normally because I feel so much more peace, even when situations turn out in bad ways (by my meager standards).

May God bless us all with the grace to truly, constantly surrender all to Him & His loving, infinitely better than ours, ability to handle everything!:pray:

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." --Philippians 4

"I have not the courage to force myself to seek beautiful prayers in books; not knowing which to choose I act as children do who cannot read; I say quite simply to the good God what I want to tell Him, and He always understands me." --St. Therese of Lisieux (The Little Flower)

I want this in the Spiritual Disciplines forum, because this truly is a discipline that we should all fall into. It's very simple; whenever your mind wanders off to whatever concerns are going on, whatever projects you're working on, whatever girl you're thinking about dating, just realize it's not in your control: "I give up. Do what you wish, God, you know better. Thank you for being here to catch everything I'll let go of."

And I know that God will be here. And I know that every time I let go (and it gets easier with practice), there's a weird transition period, then things come out much better than I would've done on my own, normally because I feel so much more peace, even when situations turn out in bad ways (by my meager standards).

May God bless us all with the grace to truly, constantly surrender all to Him & His loving, infinitely better than ours, ability to handle everything!:pray:

By "giving up," do you mean giving up control over your own life? And, letting God have control? And, you now follow him and his ways with your life instead of you following after your own flesh? Is this what you mean? Just trying to understand.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The stand.

One doesn't quit daily but daily one surrends to the authority of One greater than oneself.

Not my own will be done but Thine will be done.

Be still and recognise Who is the Creator and who is the creation.

Let go and let God

The Armor of God
…12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore take up the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you will be able to stand your ground, and having done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness arrayed,…Ephesians 6

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
By "giving up," do you mean giving up control over your own life? And, letting God have control? And, you now follow him and his ways with your life instead of you following after your own flesh? Is this what you mean? Just trying to understand.
Good questions to ask.

Let me take a different angle: Ask God to show you what it means; He can make it more personal for you than I can.

May God bless us all with deep trust in where He'll lead us!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This is the unknown step in having 100% of prayers answered.
Most preachers are not even aware of this.

Upvote 0