Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not know if I can believe more in Jesus. I just cant understand the purpose of faith. I can not understand why Jesus has not shown himself in the 21th century. I do not understand why there are so many relgions. I do not understand why I have to have faith without seeing. I do not understand why I think there are some Bible contradictions. I do not understand how evolution and Christianity go together. I do not understand.

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not know if I can believe more in Jesus. I just cant understand the purpose of faith. I can not understand why Jesus has not shown himself in the 21th century. I do not understand why there are so many relgions. I do not understand why I have to have faith without seeing. I do not understand why I think there are some Bible contradictions. I do not understand how evolution and Christianity go together. I do not understand.

Keep the faith Kostilaks it is important to trust Jesus. I am struggling with my own doubts and it is hard but I know Jesus will get through me it.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You're trying to approach "Intellectually" something that CAN ONLY BE DISCERNED SPIRITUALLY. And you can't Come to Christ, without being DRAWN TO HIM by Father God (John 6:44). WHEN God draws you (often with CONVICTION OF YOUR SIN) THEN you can repent of your SIN, surrender to HIM and call out IN FAITH that God gives you to be included in the SIN OFFERING of Jesus on Calvary to cleanse you from your SIN, and indwell you with the Holy Spirit. (Eph 2:8-10)

THEN a multitude of "intellectual Questions" will just evaporate. A One-on One meeting with an evangelical pastor (Baptist, Nazarene, Assembly of God) can prove to be a remendous help in becoming Born Again (Getting Saved).

Upvote 0

Richard Mulcahy

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2019
Reading
✟182,378.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
I do not know if I can believe more in Jesus. I just cant understand the purpose of faith. I can not understand why Jesus has not shown himself in the 21th century. I do not understand why there are so many relgions. I do not understand why I have to have faith without seeing. I do not understand why I think there are some Bible contradictions. I do not understand how evolution and Christianity go together. I do not understand.[/QUOTE Hi, sorry to hear you are going through a difficult patch I offer my prayers for you. I have always had a great faith but earlier in my life I neglected deeds. It was only once I married the 2 together that Jesus revealed more and more of Himself to me. My main message to you is pray, for once Jesus reveals Himself to you you will never doubt again. God bless...

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Trust in Christ alone
and remember
He said that we would have many troubles.
It ain't easy down here.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not know if I can believe

I do not understand.

I thank you for honestly stating your doubts. Christianity is not something you can live based on a mental understanding only. There is no Christian who doesn't experience doubts at times.

Our minds never "know" in whom we have believed. There is a deeper spiritual level of our existence, but we cannot "know" at that level by our own effort. No one can come to Christ unless the Holy Spirit draws him or her.

If the Holy Spirit is drawing you, then you can reach out in prayer, seeking God. He assures us that if we seek Him earnestly, He may be found. I am confident that your faith will grow in time, because you have convinced me that God has reached out to you and you are actively seeking Him.

God bless you, Kostilaks.

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thank you for honestly stating your doubts. Christianity is not something you can live based on a mental understanding only. There is no Christian who doesn't experience doubts at times.

Our minds never "know" in whom we have believed. There is a deeper spiritual level of our existence, but we cannot "know" at that level by our own effort. No one can come to Christ unless the Holy Spirit draws him or her.

If the Holy Spirit is drawing you, then you can reach out in prayer, seeking God. He assures us that if we seek Him earnestly, He may be found. I am confident that your faith will grow in time, because you have convinced me that God has reached out to you and you are actively seeking Him.

God bless you, Kostilaks.
A very encouraging post Of the Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Porpoise

Aug 8, 2018
United States
✟70,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are not alone, doubt is a trial that every Christian has to go through at times in their life. Doubt your doubt, don't believe it, because doubt is a thing that comes and goes like the wind. Hold on to your desire to believe, pray, and wait out the storm.

Sometimes we pass through somewhat longer periods of blindness and confusion when we can't seem to understand a thing. It can be a very hard and painful trial when this happens. But I think it can also be very fruitful, because this is when we can learn to trust the most.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You have started almost every sentence with "I do not understand..."
The fact that we do not understand is a core principle of our faith. It is in the space where our understand leaves off and God resides that faith fills that gap. Faith does not need to understand everything, man does, faith trust, man questions. Let your heart and mind be filled with faith and realize that a godly life does require you to have all the answers only to trust THE ONE that does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Upvote 0