I shall serve God.
Feb 2, 2006
In God's country
✟8,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't been here for a while, but I'm back and I hope to log on more often, and I'm sorry that I have to come back asking for comfort, bothering others on account of my own selfishness.

You see, lately I've been feeling down. I use to be SO disorganized and forgetful. However, last past week I changed that. I am now more uptight (in the best way), responsible (taking responsibility in my mistakes and actions), and far more organized.

I'm currently trying to do away with procrastination in my life, and it isn't going that well. It's going very slowly, but going nontheless.

The thing is, I have been so overwhelmed with homework that I have not been able to get it all done. I found out today that I am making a C in trigonometry, and that upset me because I'm a perfectionist. It made me feel like a failure, even though I've always made about that average in math.

I'm in twelfth grade. I'm about to go to college. I say to myself, "Dang it, I'm just not trying hard enough!" But the fact is, I don't understand the material. No matter how many times it is explained to me, I just can't get all of this math.

I'm not trying hard enough, I guess. I have so many things to do before January. College applications, resumes, homework, grades, a merciless teacher who is ironically a preacher (he's a good person, though), and so much more.

How do I deal with this? Am I truly not trying hard enough as I tell myself, or is math just not my strongpoint? I get A's and B's in everything but math. I'm confused, and I'm upset and angry at myself.

Sorry for taking up your time, but I greatly appreciate you even reading it!

Beautiful Fireball

Tomorrow is another day
Apr 30, 2006
✟30,245.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I haven't been here for a while, but I'm back and I hope to log on more often, and I'm sorry that I have to come back asking for comfort, bothering others on account of my own selfishness.

You see, lately I've been feeling down. I use to be SO disorganized and forgetful. However, last past week I changed that. I am now more uptight (in the best way), responsible (taking responsibility in my mistakes and actions), and far more organized.

I'm currently trying to do away with procrastination in my life, and it isn't going that well. It's going very slowly, but going nontheless.

The thing is, I have been so overwhelmed with homework that I have not been able to get it all done. I found out today that I am making a C in trigonometry, and that upset me because I'm a perfectionist. It made me feel like a failure, even though I've always made about that average in math.

I'm in twelfth grade. I'm about to go to college. I say to myself, "Dang it, I'm just not trying hard enough!" But the fact is, I don't understand the material. No matter how many times it is explained to me, I just can't get all of this math.

I'm not trying hard enough, I guess. I have so many things to do before January. College applications, resumes, homework, grades, a merciless teacher who is ironically a preacher (he's a good person, though), and so much more.

How do I deal with this? Am I truly not trying hard enough as I tell myself, or is math just not my strongpoint? I get A's and B's in everything but math. I'm confused, and I'm upset and angry at myself.

Oh, I know how you feel. Your senior year is always the hardest, and I too am a perfectionist. It may just be that math is not your thing, don't be so hard on yourself. There are things that some people are good in and others not. For example I was always in A.P History and English classes and I did very well in them. But that same year I was also in Chemistry and no matter how hard I tired I barely passed the class. I hated my grade, but honestly there was nothing I could do about it.

About the procrastinating if you are working on it then great! That is something that few can overcome, and don't expect for everything to be able to change overnight it will come. Senior year is hard, but enjoy it, because before you know it, it will be over. God Bless :thumbsup:

Reactions: Dr. Holly
Upvote 0

Dr. Holly

Doctoring hearts with the love of Jesus
Nov 15, 2004
Virginia
✟12,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I definitely agree with ChildofGod. Whether someone is still in school or is done with school; there was always one subject that was just not their thing. Math happened to also be mine. I can tell you this; the harder you push yourself and the more you come down on yourself...the worse you will do. See, the human brain works like this -- what you do out of obligation, you don't enjoy nearly as much as something you do out of free will. So when you put such restrictions on yourself, you're more likely to not understand what is in front of you. Try not tackling so many things at one time. What you're doing and changing is great and I say go for it! However, take things one at a time, one day at a time. Change doesn't happen overnight and that is ok. You are human and the body can only take so much before it gives out. So pace yourself, enjoy life, enjoy your senior year and take life as it comes. Do your best and that's truly all that matters. God bless!

Oh, (edit to add)...remember that you were created just as you are for a reason. What God has for you fits your personality like a glove. It was truly tailor made for YOU. So keep this in mind when you get down on yourself for not doing as well as you think you should have. If God wanted you to be a Math whiz, He would have made you one. So whatever it is that He has in store for you, He has already equipped you to do that like nobody else could :)

Upvote 0

anonymousAdviser

Oct 17, 2006
✟8,057.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

You need to relax, get a good hobby that is fun.

Whether math is your strong suit or not is unimportant. I was "terrible" at math until I decided to get serious and then I took advanced math classes with all As. So what? Was that talent? Was that effort? Does it matter? Talent is never enough.

Grace is everything.

Be that grace by talent or be it by hard work, what is the difference?

There are people living and dying across the planet. What is important is not school or your career, but who you are.

Upvote 0