• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I dont know why, but i feel like talking to people i dont know

joerose

Feb 13, 2005
California
✟689.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
unenlightened one said:
Trust me im not dumb because of drugs and alcohol. I took that test before I started binge drinking most weekends. I would read but I get frustrated with my slowness.
:wave: Hi! First off, there is no such thing as dumb or stupid. Tests are not valid indicators of a persons intelligence. This can be due to all kinds of factors like what questions are asked, how they are asked, where a person taking the test lives, on their background, where they are from, hobbies, interests, how they were feeling that day and all kinds of stuff. You need to get your self confidence built up. EVERY person has strengths and weaknesses. You have gifts, you may jusst not have discovered them. When I was your age, the same thing happened to me. I finally got the courage up to go to College.(I thought I was stupid and everyone was smarter than me) They gave me placement tests and I was put in the lowest math class they had. It was a review of everything from multiplication etc. all the way up to highschool math. It was just what I needed(yes, I felt stupid) but I found out hey, you know what ..I'm not stupid. I may not be a genius, but I was able to finally get a degree, a good job and raise a familly. I have lots of friends who aren't geniuses either. You know what I like me the way I am. If you have a community college or college near you, check it out. If money is a problem get a student loan. You pay it back when you graduate. Sound scary? I was terrified, but that's part of feeling good about yourself. Its a mountain and you conquer that sucker!! What you are going to find is that you are just as smart as anyone else. Some people try to make you think they are smart just to build themselves up. You get to the point where you can laugh at your mistakes (which we all make everyday) and see right through people who try to make you think they are smart. What are your interests and hobbies? What makes you happy. Head toward those goals. Good Luck!!I'll be thinking of you!

Upvote 0

joerose

Feb 13, 2005
California
✟689.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh! One more thing. Every one sins and is a sinner. This includes Christians! What I am getting from you is a person that has partied for awhile, but is realizing you dont want to do this for the rest of your life. That is GOOD! You are trying to change and better yourself! That says so much about you. You've got it together! The people that laughed at you for trying to commit suicide arent the friends for you. Do your best to try to find some new ones. Its hard to move on, but someday you'll look back and say "Whew" I'm glad I'm not like them. No, people don't go to hell for trying to commit suicide. Talk to God, tell him you love him and let him be your new best friend. He loves you more than you will ever know and he will protect you. pm me if you want. Later! Your mom sounds nice, she must love you like crazy too.

Upvote 0