• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I dont know why, but i feel like talking to people i dont know

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟20,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
unenlightened one said:
Im having a bit of a break down at the moment.
This type of story probly doesnt belong in a christian forum but I feel like telling it.

Last night i went to my freinds welcome back party, I had drank a few drinks and done a small line of speed I was feeling depressed so i decided to hang myself with my belt. About 6 seconds later someone noticed and took me off the tree.
Now i look back and I wouldn't really care if i had of died and yet I dont want to attempt to kill myself again. Probly cause I dont wanna make my family unhappy.

I believe in god and all I used to even go to a bible study but I think its silly that he can send something that he made to hell. But I guess he did give us free will.

Sorry if I this isnt understandable, but my brains a bit scrambled from last nights events.

Any feedback would be apreciated.

Well I first wanna say that the alcohol and the coke probably caused some of the suicidal feelings. Coke makes me go into panic mode and I could easily take my life...however, I tend to do it with other people that are all happy and blasting music. Second, I understand about not caring if you live or die. Just remember this one thing, God is there...whether you believe in Him or not. He sees you and totally understand why you are sad. I've been through so much in my almost 24 years of living...more than most people in their entire lives. I have done so many bad things....things I would think christians would hate me for...but God is still there....loving me. I have no clue why he would love me...but He does.

Why are you sad? What makes you hate yourself so much that you don't care if you lived or died? Sorry if I am asking too much....sometimes it helps to talk about it.

Upvote 0
W

WashedClean

There is a reason you're still here.

You're not an accident.

God has a plan and purpose for your life and it starts with a relationship with him.

God loves you. Jesus loves you. Your family loves you. I love you. That's right, I said I love you. God has filled my heart with love and even though I've never met you, I care about your soul. Please don't hurt yourself, you're far too precious.

Praying for God to touch your heart. Please share more if you like and feel free to PM me too.

God bless,

WashedClean

Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2005
✟124.00
Faith
Christian
Bams481 said:
Why are you sad? What makes you hate yourself so much that you don't care if you lived or died? Sorry if I am asking too much....sometimes it helps to talk about it.

I am sad because I'm so shy and I haven't ever been in a relationship with a girl. And last year I took an inteligence test to find my weakneses and strengths (Because I kept telling my mum I was a retard and she wanted to proove to me that I wasn't) but I was pretty much stupid all round.

Upvote 0

mmreed

... by His wounds you are healed!
Feb 25, 2005
✟8,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
unenlightened one said:
I am sad because I'm so shy and I haven't ever been in a relationship with a girl. And last year I took an inteligence test to find my weakneses and strengths (Because I kept telling my mum I was a retard and she wanted to proove to me that I wasn't) but I was pretty much stupid all round.

Well, there is a solution for stupidity: stop drugs and booze, and partying, and start reading, reading, reading, .... and praying praying praying.

Put 100% faith and effort into Jesus and you will be amazed how your outlook on life changes.

I wanted to just give up and die... I was terrified of getting old, and life just seemed so bland and uninteresting... I became (and still am) ill... so I focused everything on Jesus... all my attention... well, now all I want to do is get better and live and serve God.

Upvote 0

mmreed

... by His wounds you are healed!
Feb 25, 2005
✟8,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
unenlightened one said:
Trust me im not dumb because of drugs and alcohol. I took that test before I started binge drinking most weekends. I would read but I get frustrated with my slowness.

your posts and statements are not those of a dumb person. Do not shortsell yourself as a result of standardized testing that scores you as dumb.

Dumbness is a state of condition. You can change that - if you want to.

Upvote 0

RizNChrist

Mar 7, 2005
Stuck half ways between my dream life & reality..
✟21,258.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey there unelightened one.

Trust me, all that stuff you went thru and thought, it's nothing uncommon or rare. Trust me on this. But there are a couple of things you should understand...

First, any time you introduce foreign substances into your body, you're taking an incredible risk in that you can't control your body or mind- therefore you can't control your thoughts as well as when you're "sober." Second, obviously there are other issues that you haven't dealt with yet. And putting these feelings aside will only make things worse because they will eventually come out. Lastly, and MOST importantly... and this is the spiritual side of things, the greater God's plans for YOU, the harder Satan will try to make your life. !! Trust me on this one! I KNOW from experience! Think about it: if God didn't have any huge plan for your life, then why would Satan even bother trying to take you out??? Answer is: he WOULDNT.

I don't know how old you are, but I am 17. I am pretty much a typical teenager, only I try very hard to follow God in my life (only because this world SUCKS and i need His love to make it). People that know me would be SHOCKED and AWED to hear some of the thoughts and things, ideas that go thru my mind.

My advice is this...
Stay away from the drugs. And lean and God. Turn your eyes to Him. Ask HIM to show you out. It's really that easy. Obviously Satan is out to get you, and that can only mean one thing: YOU ARE A THREAT TO SATAN's WORLD.

Get my drift??

-Riz

Upvote 0

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
As someone who attempted suicide 15 years ago I understand where you are at right now. If you want to save yourself you have to stop certain behaviors right now! Drinking and drugs put you in a whole different place. You will end up killing yourself whether you really want to or not. I can tell you as someone who had to look at there parents and friends with bandages on my wrist that is not something you want to put the people you love through. Not to mention I believe that killing oneself is basically murdering oneself and you go to Hell for it. There are lots of reasons people don't do well on tests. You can find study guides on almost every type of test they give out. Also you may be a hands on person more than a book person. You have to learn different than others. Not a big deal just need to do different things to retain information. If you feel your reading is slow have you considered a tutor? You may just need a little help. You could also very well have depression caused by a physical problem.
My advise to you first and formost tell your mom the whole truth about what is going on with you and get a couselor. Second, get clean. Even if it means rehab. Finally, you came to a Christian board for a reason. Start reading the Bible and praying for guidance. Christ really does change your heart. He did mine, it wasn't until I accepted Christ the constant feeling of wanting to die stoped. It has never come back, Praise the Lord!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
unenlightened one said:
I see what your all are saying, im gonna try to quit drinking and druging. Its hard when all my freinds do it basicaly every weekend though.

Now I have back to go to school and put up with everyones jokes about me hanging myself.

bye
oh p.s
Anyone here got msn? :D

I don't have MSN at the moment 'cause my computer is still being worked on but I would be more than happy for you to PM me.

Are you involved in a church at all? Do you have any friends that you know are Christian and they have a strong relationship with God? It would be most helpful if you could get friends who would encourage you in your relationship with God.

I'm glad that someone found you and released you from the tree. :hug: Obviously, God has a plan for your life that He intervened.

Quaffer

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I speak from having been a "dumb" person who did drugs and tried to commit suicide in my younger days. I also speak from the perspective of a person in recovery for alcoholism. I also speak from the perspective of a person in training to be a mental health professional doing an internship with people with severe mental illness and addiction problems.

I strongly urge you to get some sort of professional help. A psychiatric evaluation would be a really good idea. From there you can start psychotherapy with someone who can help you sort this out.

Hugs,
Madison

Upvote 0

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
If the people you hang around with would laugh at you for attempting to commit suicide then they are by no means your friends. If you really want to get clean you will need to find people who don't do those things. I also suggest again tell an adult what is going on with you so you can get some help. You don't have to do this on your own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Mar 27, 2005
✟124.00
Faith
Christian
Someone at school told the school counciler what I did now I'm doing counciling outside school and my parents know what happened. I dont have any christian freinds. Pffffftt. Aren't people supposed to go to hell for killing themselves :S ohwell yall will see me there when you look down from heaven

last post the moderator can close this now,

I love all yall thanx for the replies

Upvote 0

illvibe

Dec 15, 2004
✟162.00
Faith
Christian
Hey man, I feel your struggle. I've thought about suicide hundreds of times, and its a wonder I lived through my drug use. I've been shipped to rehabs, admitted to psyche wards, the works. I'm a drug addict alcoholic and I have to take medicine for the rest of my life because of what I've done to my brain. But, I have 22 months sober so I praise God daily. I personally don't think suicide sends you to hell; a troubled schizophrenic kills himself after years of mental agony I dont think is going to hell. Does that mean you should kill yourself? No! Everything happens for a reason, and what doesnt kill makes you stronger. If you think about suicide you are obviously a smart person; I dont know any dumb suicidal people. I'll pray for you, just remember that God has plans for you, dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Upvote 0

lin1235

Jana's mommy!
Mar 29, 2005
Cape Town, South Africa
✟4,295.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi unenlightened,

Jesus forgave sinners all the time. If you turn to Him, He WILL forgive you for attempting suicide. The Bible is not that clear on what happens to a person who succeeds in committing suicide - but you have been given another chance. Use this one well! Jesus can help you if you ask Him.

Upvote 0