I don't believe in the fire torment pit of hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Bana

Nov 13, 2010
Owosso Michigan
✟2,409.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hentenza,

Nope. The second death is the death thrown into the lake of fire.

So the forth horse is not called death as the Book of Revelation declares and I should believe you with this vague statement based on your bias assumption?

The fourth horse, the Pale Horse. "And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, come and see. And I looked, and lo a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with the sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth" (Rev. 6:7-8).

The fourth horse, the Pale Horse. "And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, come and see. And I looked, and lo a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with the sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth" (Rev. 6:7-8).

There is a special significance to be attached to the description of the fourth horseman -- he whose name is Death -- and Hell followed with him. Death and Hell are specially linked in the Revelation. And since Christ came and abolished death (II Tim. 1:10) and destroyed him that had the power of death, that is, the devil (Heb. 2:14), He now boldly proclaims: "I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH" (Rev. 1:18). And since the Christ now possesses both hell and death neither of them ride anywhere except by His authority
They sure are riding in the Book of Revelation.

And by His authority all the wicked will be judged and those whose name are not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire along with satan and his minions. This is not that hard to understand Ed.

This is true but seeing you are dismissing the Pale horse I might as well dismiss your view on the book of life?

According to the Emphatic Diaglott the correct rendering of the words "the book of life of the Lamb" is "the book of the life of the Lamb."

If I were to give you a book entitled THE BOOK OF THE LIFE OF HENTENZA, you would understand at once that it is a biography or an autobiography of the life of Hentenza. That book should contain everything you always wanted to know about Hentenza! Every detail of his life would be there: when he was born, who his parents were, where he was raised, the schools he attended, the girls he dated, who he married, how he became. In the same way, THE BOOK OF THE LIFE OF THE LAMB is the autobiography of God's Lamb, the record of who He is, what He is like, and what He does. Everything you ever wanted to know about the Son of God is contained in this wonderful book of the life of the Lamb! It is not a literal book, of course, for the sons and daughters of the Most High are the LIVING RECORD AND REVELATION of the life of the indwelling Lamb.

It was to the apostle Paul that the revelation was given that the book of life, the book of the Lamb, the book of the Son of God is A PEOPLE. "Forasmuch as Y-O-U  are manifestly declared to be THE EPISTLE OF CHRIST ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. Who also has made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills, but the spirit gives life" (II Cor. 3:3,6).

THE BOOK OF THE LIFE OF THE LAMB is the autobiography of God's Lamb, the record of who He is, what He is like, and what He does. Everything you ever wanted to know about the Son of God is contained in this wonderful book of the life of the Lamb! It is not a literal book, of course, for the sons and daughters of the Most High are the LIVING RECORD AND REVELATION of the life of the indwelling Lamb. It was to the apostle Paul that the revelation was given that the book of life, the book of the Lamb, the book of the Son of God is A PEOPLE. "Forasmuch as Y-O-U  are manifestly declared to be THE EPISTLE OF CHRIST ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. Who also has made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills, but the spirit gives life" (II Cor. 3:3,6).

Upvote 0

LutheranMafia

Jan 9, 2008
✟2,937.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
ETA: BTW- Here is a 1998 study by Larson and Witham.

Nature, "Leading scientists still reject God"  July 23, 1998
This is based on asking a decidedly opinionated view of God, namely, does God communicate directly with us. If the general public were asked this question their answer would be a very low percentage too. It is a flawed study.

The title of the recent Larson and Witham article in Nature, "Leading scientists still reject God" is premature without reliable data upon which to base it.
Do Scientists Really Reject God? | NCSE

Upvote 0

LutheranMafia

Jan 9, 2008
✟2,937.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Combine Revelation 21:8 with Matthew 10:28. Revelation 21:8 says that to burn in the Lake of Fire is the second death, and Matthew 10:28 says that the soul is destroyed in the Lake of Fire. When you take them together it is clear that the second death is the destruction of the soul.

I don't understand your question, the answer seems self-evident. The elect are not hurt by the second death because their soul will not be destroyed in the Lake of Fire.

The second death is the death of the soul.

You seem to think this will bring those who have died the second death back from soul death. I think it means that all the wicked will have died the second death (from which there is no coming back) and that without all the evil around there will be no more need to for death as a fail-safe against evil getting out of control while they live.
Can't answer a post unless it allows you to express your religious OCD, can you?

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

So the forth horse is not called death as the Book of Revelation declares and I should believe you with this vague statement based on your bias assumption?

The name of the creature that sat on him (the horse) is called death not the horse.

They sure are riding in the Book of Revelation.

You are responding to one of your quotes not mine.

This is true but seeing you are dismissing the Pale horse I might as well dismiss your view on the book of life?
I am not dismissing the horse. I am dismissing that the horse is called death.

According to the Emphatic Diaglott the correct rendering of the words "the book of life of the Lamb" is "the book of the life of the Lamb."
Lets look at the Greek.

Greek NT.
καὶ εἶδον τοὺς νεκροὺς, τοὺς μεγάλους καὶ τοὺς μικρούς, ἑστῶτας ἐνώπιον τοῦ θρόνου. καὶ βιβλία ἠνοίχθησαν καὶ ἄλλο βιβλίον ἠνοίχθη ὅ ἐστιν τῆς ζωῆς, καὶ ἐκρίθησαν οἱ νεκροὶ ἐκ τῶν γεγραμμένων ἐν τοῖς βιβλίοις κατὰ τὰ ἔργα αὐτῶν.

βιβλίον- book
ἠνοίχθη- was opened
ὅ- which
ἐστιν- is
τῆς- of, the
ζωῆς- life

Nope. There is only one instance of τῆς not two. The Greek word for lamb is ἄρνας and it does not appear on the text.

If I were to give you a book entitled THE BOOK OF THE LIFE OF HENTENZA, you would understand at once that it is a biography or an autobiography of the life of Hentenza. That book should contain everything you always wanted to know about Hentenza! Every detail of his life would be there: when he was born, who his parents were, where he was raised, the schools he attended, the girls he dated, who he married, how he became. In the same way, THE BOOK OF THE LIFE OF THE LAMB is the autobiography of God's Lamb, the record of who He is, what He is like, and what He does. Everything you ever wanted to know about the Son of God is contained in this wonderful book of the life of the Lamb! It is not a literal book, of course, for the sons and daughters of the Most High are the LIVING RECORD AND REVELATION of the life of the indwelling Lamb.

Non sequitur.

It was to the apostle Paul that the revelation was given that the book of life, the book of the Lamb, the book of the Son of God is A PEOPLE. "Forasmuch as Y-O-U  are manifestly declared to be THE EPISTLE OF CHRIST ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. Who also has made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills, but the spirit gives life" (II Cor. 3:3,6).
This does not follow. What does this have to do with the book of life?

THE BOOK OF THE LIFE OF THE LAMB is the autobiography of God's Lamb, the record of who He is, what He is like, and what He does. Everything you ever wanted to know about the Son of God is contained in this wonderful book of the life of the Lamb! It is not a literal book, of course, for the sons and daughters of the Most High are the LIVING RECORD AND REVELATION of the life of the indwelling Lamb. It was to the apostle Paul that the revelation was given that the book of life, the book of the Lamb, the book of the Son of God is A PEOPLE. "Forasmuch as Y-O-U  are manifestly declared to be THE EPISTLE OF CHRIST ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. Who also has made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills, but the spirit gives life" (II Cor. 3:3,6).
The book of the life of the lamb are the gospels which narrate Jesus life on Earth.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.