Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I don’t really want to follow God’s plan"

Ever heard of a guy named Jonah? ;)

All joking aside :)

When you become adopted into God's family through the work of Christ. Our sinner side doesn't go away. We still have roots of evil in our souls. The heart(flesh) will want one thing, but the Holy Spirit will guide you in a different direction. (Galatians 5) Lord knows how to father and teach you his ways, even if you don't want to listen. He will let you do what you think is right in your eyes, so you can discover on your own how hollow it all is. (Ecclesiastes, Proverbs 16)

The only way you can do the Lord's will is for his grace to melt your cold heart. We all go thru it in one way, shape, or form. When you get there, doing what you are called to do becomes a joy.

That all being said, I am proud of you admitting or being honest about how you feel about the situation. It is a stepping stone in the right direction, and realistically it could take years for God to do a work in you that brings fruit. Many here will be praying for you! :prayer:

Upvote 0

RoseInLife

Pursuing His Love, Passionate about Truth!
Jul 2, 2018
Toronto
✟8,361.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
one of the growing aspects of the sons of God into their identity is learning to be more obedient to the will of the father. not because they have to, but because they get to know the Father's heart deeper and know the plant of their own life more clearer. If you would like to grow in the fullness of who He is and become heirs of God, then you need to learn to grow. perhaps you are not aware HOW AMAZING His plans are for you yet. you may need to increase your knowledge on this part and obedience will follow without any struggle.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,779.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Zero energy is sometimes a sign of depression.

The only way to know what God wants you to do is to read your Bible.

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

2 Timothy 3
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Psalm 73
26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
27 For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.
Notmyname I agree about the depression. I hope you will get some blood testing. Things like low iron, low B12 and low thyroid can contribute to depression. Sites like stopthethyroidmadness.com can give you informal checks for hypothyroidism, before consulting a doctor. Hypothyroidism is the biggest health problem in American.

Reactions: Notmyname
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
but if God’s plan doesn’t align with mine then I don’t want it.

I know God’s plan will be better for me but I just don’t care, i don’t like being this stubborn and I don’t know what to do.

I won’t get to personal with my goals but i don’t know if God wants me to continue on the path I’m on or not.

Even if I wanted to pursue God’s plan I have zero energy to do so.

If one of His?
He (He) will fix that in time.
WARNING IT MAY BE PAINFUL.

Been there got the T shirt.

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Notmyname
Upvote 0