I don’t know what to believe.

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was born, in a Pentecostal family. The guide of our faith was the bible. I loved it until I was 26.
Then I find out that actually each star is a sun (same as our one) and there are approximately 100bill of them on our galaxy alone.
How exciting! - for you to discover ;), that God's creations... are much... more vast :thumbsup:
than the tiny bit you were formerly aware of.

The god didn’t specify all these in the bible?

How could he make such mistake?
Yes, GOD as our Creator, Father, Savior :angel:, Best-friend :hug: & Resurrector :clap:
used the Bible as our fundamental-guide.
iow, God knows we will be busy...practicing the Basics:
1. Accept God/Christ as your (soul+mind+body) SAVIOR.
&
2. LOVE God with ALL your :) soul+mind+body/heart.
&
3. LOVE all others, AS (as much as) yourself.

Since God doesn't make mistakes; you might want to
keep your mind Open... it functions best :thumbsup: this way

I have no idea what to believe anymore.

Your opinion will be much appreciated.
Gale.
Also, atheists will further :confused: confuse you, with
what they mistake as "science – bible contradictions";
as their accepted world-model is physical & time/space-oriented.
iow, they are terribly LIMITED in their awareness.

Yet, God (& humans more enlightened) operate
even easier ;) in the non-physical, & beyond space/time.

Common atheists question who the original peeps were,
limited to only what's mentioned in the Bible. -
(They don't realize that this earth's Bible,
doesn't speak to other planets & their creations, as created by God.)
So naturally, GOD wants to keep it relevant & simple for us. - And in this God made no mistake.

Anyway, as far as "what to believe"?: the 3 fundamentals
shown you in this response will get you to LIFE-eternal :clap: with God :wave:

Upvote 0

Wicked Willow

May 2, 2005
✟4,434.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I said that English is God's chosen language in this age. Just how OT = Hebrew NT = Greek and Bible = English.
Excuse me for laughing out loud at this notion.

KJV has no errors. 100% perfect.
And yet, it does not align with the texts it translates. Not even by a considerably less humble margin.

Upvote 0

InsightSoul

Feb 22, 2010
✟15,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Excuse me for laughing out loud at this notion.

And yet, it does not align with the texts it translates. Not even by a considerably less humble margin.

God's Word is infallible. KJV is God's Word in English and is infallible.

And what's to laugh about? English is the world's language in this age so obviously God would choose English as the main Bible.

Peace be with you and I hope that you will find Jesus one day.

Upvote 0

JJWhite

Dec 24, 2009
U.S.A.
✟11,028.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Mandarin Chinese is spoken by more people than English so gods bible should really be written in Chinese.

I usually don't like jokes that poke fun at people, but this one pokes fun at a whole lot of different kinds of people at the same time, so here goes. :) Just for fun, I don't mean anything by it. lol.

The U.N. conducted a survey of people from all around the world. The form asked to "Please give your opinion on the food shortage in the rest of the world."

The survey was an utter failure.

In South America, the could not understand the word 'please'.
In eastern Europe, they could not understand the word 'opinion'.
In Africa, they could not understand the word 'food'.
In western Europe, they could not understand the word 'shortage'.
And, in America, they could not understand the meaning of 'the rest of the world'.

Upvote 0

InsightSoul

Feb 22, 2010
✟15,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I usually don't like jokes that poke fun at people, but this one pokes fun at a whole lot of different kinds of people at the same time, so here goes. :) Just for fun, I don't mean anything by it. lol.

The U.N. conducted a survey of people from all around the world. The form asked to "Please give your opinion on the food shortage in the rest of the world."

The survey was an utter failure.

In South America, the could not understand the word 'please'.
In eastern Europe, they could not understand the word 'opinion'.
In Africa, they could not understand the word 'food'.
In western Europe, they could not understand the word 'shortage'.
And, in America, they could not understand the meaning of 'the rest of the world'.

:p

The rest of the world is our factory. All kidding aside, you realize that the USA is the dominant superpower and it uses English. Before that was the British Empire, and English again was the dominant language.

To conduct business in the world today you pretty much have to know English.

Upvote 0

GoGale

Apr 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟7,635.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So, what’s the point to believe something we cannot prove ?

Does it make any good to our personality? As I said at the beginning of this topic, I was spending my life believing in these contradictory theories only to find out that almost nothing, from the bible makes sense.

It starts with a huge contradiction,

Genesis 1:3
And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.( even if he forgoten to create the sun first )

…and it ends with another

Revelation 22:20
He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon."

Personally, I don’t think he will ever come so, I don’t know what to believe.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
God's Word is infallible. KJV is God's Word in English and is infallible.

So, tell me more about the Unicorns.

Isaiah 34:7 in KJV
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

Upvote 0

_JJM

Christian
Mar 4, 2010
✟8,801.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, tell me more about the Unicorns.

Isaiah 34:7 in KJV
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

The KJV was translated in 1611. This word in particular is used a few times to translate a Hebrew word denoting what appears to be an extinct animal of unknown characteristics. No other English translation uses Unicorn, but Wild Ox normally instead. Apparently the English translators of 400 years ago assigned Unicorn to describe this unknown animal. I would agree that the texts are infallible in the original languages. For this reason I have multiple translations at home to refer to. I really like biblegateway.com for this as well.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
The KJV was translated in 1611. This word in particular is used a few times to translate a Hebrew word denoting what appears to be an extinct animal of unknown characteristics. No other English translation uses Unicorn, but Wild Ox normally instead. Apparently the English translators of 400 years ago assigned Unicorn to describe this unknown animal. I would agree that the texts are infallible in the original languages. For this reason I have multiple translations at home to refer to. I really like biblegateway.com for this as well.

The point being, that suggests itself that the KJV is not infallible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums