I didnt work this many hours..

nathan57

Aug 24, 2007
✟15,283.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
This is a weird question but im confused with what i should do in this situation. I got my paycheck today and it said i worked 24 hours and i was paid for that amoutn of time. the truth is that i dont remember working more then 22 hours, so there a little extra cash on my check. im wondering whats the best way to solve this issue. mind you i wasnt not given a holiday bonus, i think it was an error

nathan57

Aug 24, 2007
✟15,283.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I went to the payroll office and apparently i was clocked in for 8 hours last friday, when in truth i only worked 2. someone else clocked memin for some reason, i was told not to clock in because i was taken care of already.

if i continue to bring this up to my boss and the others they may grow tired of it and even become annoyed. what should i do with the extra money? it really doesnt belong to me. im thinking of just giving it back in a donation and not say another word about it to the others. would that be a good idea at all?

Upvote 0

pete56

A Beloved Son of God!
Apr 13, 2004
✟19,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with Bliz.

Look at it this way if they had paid you for 20 hours what would you have done? - Complained!

So the flip side here should lead you to raise the issue with your payroll department too! They may have made an error, they may not have, but you will not know unless you ask and in doing so you show yourself honest and when the opposite error happens you will be heard a lot better as a result of owning this error!

Pete

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went to the payroll office and apparently i was clocked in for 8 hours last friday, when in truth i only worked 2. someone else clocked memin for some reason, i was told not to clock in because i was taken care of already.

if i continue to bring this up to my boss and the others they may grow tired of it and even become annoyed. what should i do with the extra money? it really doesnt belong to me. im thinking of just giving it back in a donation and not say another word about it to the others. would that be a good idea at all?

You have called the matter to your attention, and basically they are telling you to keep the money. However, you know this really isn't your money... so be on the lookout for what God wants you to do with the money. My experience has been that when I have "extra" money a previously unknown need will come to my attention. You could just give it to a church, but it could well be that God will have someplace.something very specific for you to use that money for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 1, 2008
✟144.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is a weird question but im confused with what i should do in this situation. I got my paycheck today and it said i worked 24 hours and i was paid for that amoutn of time. the truth is that i dont remember working more then 22 hours, so there a little extra cash on my check. im wondering whats the best way to solve this issue. mind you i wasnt not given a holiday bonus, i think it was an error
You are prudent to ask. The Lord knows if you've taken money that doesn't belong to you.

Upvote 0