"I didn't choose to be here." Is this thought sinful?

isaiah15689

Dec 26, 2017
Orange, TX
✟16,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Hi!

I am new in Christ and have been with the family for a month now. :)
Sometimes I struggle with my thinking and whether or not the thoughts that I have are sinful.
The thought that I have had all of my life whenever it comes to religion and the requirements for living is "I never chose to be here. None of us did. Why are we forced to live to be judged for how we live?"

I am a believer now, but I still haven't been able to shake existential thoughts like this. I feel that they are a bit arrogant and high-mighty. I am working on being grateful for the trial of life but the root of my thought comes from the confusion of existing in the first place. I will admit that sometimes I feel bitter and I ask the Lord to forgive me.

I know that he knows my heart. I am just mind-blown at the fact that we are even here and I wonder why we face such a strong fate and have free will when are not here by choice.

Is this sinful thinking?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers from Texas!

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Isaiah,

First off, welcome to the family bro. I think everyone experiences what you're currently going through in terms of asking God the 'why' questions, especially when we're new as born-again believers. This verse comes to mind: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." That alone..is pretty mind-blowing. Before we were even born..He thought about us. And though we may not be destined to be a 'prophet to the nations', He had and still has a purpose for us-whatever that may be- here on Earth. I think there are multiple purposes for each person..for instance: I've gone through depression, suicide ideation, bullying, terrible self-esteem issues, hanging out with the wrong crowd, involved in occultic and new-age stuff..and while I'm not proud of those things, it's what has brought me to Christ later on and it's part of my past and shapes my character today in a good way. So with all those different experiences, I was able to help multiple people with their current struggles of depression, bullying, suicide ideation, etc. I mean, if that was my purpose here on Earth- to help people and lead them to the Hope found in Christ and how things actually can and will change for the better down the road even though they may not see it now in their current situation, then I can die happy knowing that I helped fulfill that purpose God set out for me. If I brought just one person to Christ in my life thus far, I would be pretty happy. If my life and struggles made an impact and a difference in someone elses for the better..than I'm satisfied.

Yes, I didn't ask to be born, none of us have. But knowing God thought about me..and still thinks about me..as it says in the Bible that his thoughts toward us are innumerable..like the sand of the seashore, it makes me feel like my existence matters..outside of myself. And yeah, the trials of life can suck, but it can also produce the greatest blessings, and strength through Christ. It's humbling and kind of tear-jerking to think about my past and how God all tied it together and led me to where I am now. And while I am far from perfect- and still very much a work-in-progress as a Christian, I'm happy that certain things have happened because if they didn't, I probably wouldn't be here today..literally. I think the biggest struggle I had for the longest time after genuinely accepting Christ into my life as Lord and Savior..was my purpose. What exactly did God want from me in my life? What did He create me for? And..honestly..I probably still don't fully know. A lot of people think that their job or their studies in school is their calling. I think a lot of us place our full identity and calling all on our careers and such..and maybe
it is part of our calling, sure, but it isn't necessarily our full calling. I think ultimately, our calling is to glorify Him- in whatever form that may take. We can glorify Him through..the way we love/serve others, through our generosity, through even just listening and being there for someone when they need it, through bringing people to Christ and sharing the gospel to someone, through being a friend to someone who needs it most, through..our jobs, through thanking Him for all that we have/gone through/people in our lives, etc, through whatever really. It can be endless.

EDIT: I don't think it's sinful thinking-per se. I mean, you've asked for forgiveness and honestly, nothing fazes Him. Throughout all the generations, He's heard it all and seen it all. He understands why you ask and I think your questions are a means for God to answer them in His perfect time and to help you understand why you were created.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: isaiah15689
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi!

Sometimes I struggle with my thinking and whether or not the thoughts that I have are sinful.
The thought that I have had all of my life whenever it comes to religion and the requirements for living is "I never chose to be here. None of us did. Why are we forced to live to be judged for how we live?"

I am a believer now, but I still haven't been able to shake existential thoughts like this. I feel that they are a bit arrogant and high-mighty. I am working on being grateful for the trial of life but the root of my thought comes from the confusion of existing in the first place. I will admit that sometimes I feel bitter and I ask the Lord to forgive me.

I know that he knows my heart. I am just mind-blown at the fact that we are even here and I wonder why we face such a strong fate and have free will when are not here by choice.

Is this sinful thinking?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers from Texas!

'Who asks to be born? Who makes the rules about sin, death, heaven, hell, who's in and who's out?'

Very good questions.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi!

Is this sinful thinking?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers from Texas!

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's about Love .... true Love. One can not have true Love without freewill. Once can not force one to love another .... it is a choice ... and can only be obtained by freewill.

God creates all His intelligent beings with free choice. Even the angels in heaven. Lucifer (Satan) and 1/3 of the angles in heaven had freewill and they chose to rebel against God.

Revelation 12

4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it.

Revelation 12

9 And the great dragon was hurled down — the ancient serpent called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Sin actually began in heaven. Sin was not exclusive to mankind. After Lucifer and his minions were cast down to the earth .... then sin infected mankind through the disobedience of Adam and Eve. Choosing to believe the lies of Satan rather than the truth of God. Same thing happened in heaven.

So, we still have the same choice, Love God, Jesus and follow Him ... or not. He sends us His Holy Spirit to first that we will recognize our sin and then also to help us overcome sin ... we all stumble here and there. It is more so the trend of one's life.

When the Lord's plan of salvation has been completely accomplished when he returns .... we will live in a perfect world with a perfect God in perfect harmony and for eternity.

Pray to the Lord to take away sinful thinking and actions. Diligently study his word.

Satan is constantly attacking believers in the Lord. Those who do not know the Lord ... well he (Satan) already has those in his pocket ... so to speak.

But remember this:

1 John 4

4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

You exist because of God's love for you. He knew you before you were born.

Jeremiah 1

5"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you;

God's foreknowledge .... difficult for us humans to wrap our brain around. He knows who will choose him .... but he does not control the choice we make.

May the Lord bless you abundantly with His presence in you.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ISAIH15689

Blessings. Count it a gift that you are struggling in finding your way to Christ Jesus. In my early days, I too, struggled with man's religion. However, through God's mercy He over a period of years has lead me to a deep understanding of His words in the Bible.

It is NOT, an easy path. But then, good things must be worked for, that is, worked in the sense of spiritually seeking help from the Spirit of God.

John_15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that you should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever you shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John_16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

Mat_21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive

It is not, an easy pathway as is often taught. Come up here and be saved is a false teaching of man. Paul the apostle to the Gentiles never taught it was easy, He taught it was a struggle that requires faith.

One that is truly seeking to find the way to Christ Jesus needs to read the writings of the apostle Paul, for He was the apostle sent by Jesus Christ to the Gentiles to preach to Them, Christ Crucified for the forgiveness of sins. Man can not save man!

1Co_11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood: this do you, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.
2Co_3:6 Who also has made Us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills, but the spirit gives life.

I pray that these few words will be of a help to you.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi!

Is this sinful thinking?
Thanks in advance,
Cheers from Texas!

Hello Isaiah 15689 - Welcome to CF and praise, praise the Living God that you are in Christ.
Understanding that we did not choose to be here, is not sinful, it's just factual.
But yes, our thoughts (new Christian or old) can and often do slide from that into 'blaming' our Father for the bumps and twists of this life.
Keep working on being grateful. Keep asking for forgiveness whenever you realise you got something wrong. If you are in Christ nothing nor no-one can separate us from his love. Hope you've got a sound church support for this start of your eternal life.
Two verses for you, try to find time to read them in context.
Go well, go wisely,
><>
... And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Philippians 2:12,13

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi!

Is this sinful thinking?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers from Texas!

None of us had that choice.

I reconcile it by the belief that we are here to LOVE God and others, and receive God's and others' LOVE.

This makes it purposeful and justifiable for me ...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: isaiah15689
Upvote 0

isaiah15689

Dec 26, 2017
Orange, TX
✟16,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Hey Isaiah,

First off, welcome to the family bro. I think everyone experiences what you're currently going through in terms of asking God the 'why' questions, especially when we're new as born-again believers. This verse comes to mind: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." That alone..is pretty mind-blowing. Before we were even born..He thought about us. And though we may not be destined to be a 'prophet to the nations', He had and still has a purpose for us-whatever that may be- here on Earth. I think there are multiple purposes for each person..for instance: I've gone through depression, suicide ideation, bullying, terrible self-esteem issues, hanging out with the wrong crowd, involved in occultic and new-age stuff..and while I'm not proud of those things, it's what has brought me to Christ later on and it's part of my past and shapes my character today in a good way. So with all those different experiences, I was able to help multiple people with their current struggles of depression, bullying, suicide ideation, etc. I mean, if that was my purpose here on Earth- to help people and lead them to the Hope found in Christ and how things actually can and will change for the better down the road even though they may not see it now in their current situation, then I can die happy knowing that I helped fulfill that purpose God set out for me. If I brought just one person to Christ in my life thus far, I would be pretty happy. If my life and struggles made an impact and a difference in someone elses for the better..than I'm satisfied.

Yes, I didn't ask to be born, none of us have. But knowing God thought about me..and still thinks about me..as it says in the Bible that his thoughts toward us are innumerable..like the sand of the seashore, it makes me feel like my existence matters..outside of myself. And yeah, the trials of life can suck, but it can also produce the greatest blessings, and strength through Christ. It's humbling and kind of tear-jerking to think about my past and how God all tied it together and led me to where I am now. And while I am far from perfect- and still very much a work-in-progress as a Christian, I'm happy that certain things have happened because if they didn't, I probably wouldn't be here today..literally. I think the biggest struggle I had for the longest time after genuinely accepting Christ into my life as Lord and Savior..was my purpose. What exactly did God want from me in my life? What did He create me for? And..honestly..I probably still don't fully know. A lot of people think that their job or their studies in school is their calling. I think a lot of us place our full identity and calling all on our careers and such..and maybe
it is part of our calling, sure, but it isn't necessarily our full calling. I think ultimately, our calling is to glorify Him- in whatever form that may take. We can glorify Him through..the way we love/serve others, through our generosity, through even just listening and being there for someone when they need it, through bringing people to Christ and sharing the gospel to someone, through being a friend to someone who needs it most, through..our jobs, through thanking Him for all that we have/gone through/people in our lives, etc, through whatever really. It can be endless.

EDIT: I don't think it's sinful thinking-per se. I mean, you've asked for forgiveness and honestly, nothing fazes Him. Throughout all the generations, He's heard it all and seen it all. He understands why you ask and I think your questions are a means for God to answer them in His perfect time and to help you understand why you were created.

Man, thank you for this. You went above and beyond in answering my question. Thank you for sharing your personal story with me. I come from an agnostic background myself. I am not sure what this all means or why we are here, but talking to people like you really helps me learn how to be grateful in the face of not knowing what any of this is. I was kind of new-age-ish. I agreed a lot with Alan Watts and just thought of life as a beautiful phenomena that would ultimately come to an end. It is going to be a process of learning to accept the fact that I was created out of love and that love is the intention that God has for my life. The biggest thing for me to learn here, is that we can't know it all but we can get with the guy who does.

• Friendly
Reactions: Take Heart
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"I never chose to be here. None of us did. Why are we forced to live to be judged for how we live?"

To any who would genuinely ask this is a clear demonstration of rebellion against the Creator God, and making themselves god, that they have the right to judge God's creative actions in His creation of them.

have free will when are not here by choice.

This a common thought that implies autonomous free will that the creature has, and this is simply not true. Only God has autonomous free will. God allows His creatures to make choices, but ultimately, God is sovereign, not man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

isaiah15689

Dec 26, 2017
Orange, TX
✟16,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
ISAIH15689

Blessings. Count it a gift that you are struggling in finding your way to Christ Jesus. In my early days, I too, struggled with man's religion. However, through God's mercy He over a period of years has lead me to a deep understanding of His words in the Bible.

It is NOT, an easy path. But then, good things must be worked for, that is, worked in the sense of spiritually seeking help from the Spirit of God.

John_15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that you should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever you shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John_16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

Mat_21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive

It is not, an easy pathway as is often taught. Come up here and be saved is a false teaching of man. Paul the apostle to the Gentiles never taught it was easy, He taught it was a struggle that requires faith.

One that is truly seeking to find the way to Christ Jesus needs to read the writings of the apostle Paul, for He was the apostle sent by Jesus Christ to the Gentiles to preach to Them, Christ Crucified for the forgiveness of sins. Man can not save man!

1Co_11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood: this do you, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.
2Co_3:6 Who also has made Us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills, but the spirit gives life.

I pray that these few words will be of a help to you.

Andy Centek

Thank you so much for your advice, Andy. It is not an easy path at all. I guess the hardest thing to understand is why he chose us. Is there any person in the Bible who struggled with this thought also? I know that the Apostle Paul had several deep issues that he struggled with and that he taught from a philosophical perspective. Has he or any other followers ever touched base on such an issue? Either way, Paul's teachings are probably exactly what I need to read since his message is directed towards us.

Upvote 0

isaiah15689

Dec 26, 2017
Orange, TX
✟16,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Hello Isaiah 15689 - Welcome to CF and praise, praise the Living God that you are in Christ.
Understanding that we did not choose to be here, is not sinful, it's just factual.
But yes, our thoughts (new Christian or old) can and often do slide from that into 'blaming' our Father for the bumps and twists of this life.
Keep working on being grateful. Keep asking for forgiveness whenever you realise you got something wrong. If you are in Christ nothing nor no-one can separate us from his love. Hope you've got a sound church support for this start of your eternal life.
Two verses for you, try to find time to read them in context.
Go well, go wisely,
><>
... And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Philippians 2:12,13

Thank you :)

Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Man, thank you for this. You went above and beyond in answering my question. Thank you for sharing your personal story with me. I come from an agnostic background myself. I am not sure what this all means or why we are here, but talking to people like you really helps me learn how to be grateful in the face of not knowing what any of this is. I was kind of new-age-ish. I agreed a lot with Alan Watts and just thought of life as a beautiful phenomena that would ultimately come to an end. It is going to be a process of learning to accept the fact that I was created out of love and that love is the intention that God has for my life. The biggest thing for me to learn here, is that we can't know it all but we can get with the guy who does.
Amen, that was beautifully put. I just thank God that I was able to help in some way.. as I felt compelled to reply. And yeah, this whole walk with Christ is definitely a process. It can be slow and gradual but..absolutely worthwhile. Just don't lose faith in Him. Don't lose your trust in Him even though things may seem really shaky and rough at times and it feels like nothing makes sense or that nothing seems to change. That in itself is a lie that I think the Enemy likes to whisper at times to us and bring us down and separate us from Christ. It's definitely a struggle walking this whole thing out with Him. On the one hand, you've got the Enemy and its 'minions' aka demons just filling our minds with all sorts of lies and doubts about God, about who we are in Christ, about..whatever. And then on the other, You've got Jesus and His Holy Angels battling a spiritual warfare that we can't even see happening around us and His unrelenting, all-pursuing love that just doesn't give up on us. Though admittedly, it does seem at times that He has given up on us especially when we're faced with difficult circumstances. Sometimes we equate trials to Him punishing us or Him not loving us anymore..etc. And truthfully, I don't know exactly why He allows certain things to happen to us. For me personally, I can understand the gist, so far, about my own personal circumstances I've dealt with in the past and how it's propelled me forward and shaped me into a better stronger person. I have yet to see the entire 'grand design' of His purpose that He's woven throughout my life thus far. That's probably going to be one of the first questions I'm going to ask Him when He calls me back to Him. Or maybe it'll be like an instantaneous knowing and a replay of my life but not just in a 1st-person type of perspective..but objectively being able to view my life and all the events in a spiritual perspective as well (kind of like viewing your life and seeing God's hand move in the background and how He's worked all of those things for our good).

Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hi!

Is this sinful thinking?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers from Texas!

Well, it kind of is a little sinful if you don't want to be here, for it is the Lord's will that you are here. If you are just wondering why we are forced to be here, that's like questioning what we can't know right now. It would be best to save those kinds of questions for when we can see our Lord and Saviour face to face (if we still have them).

Anytime I see the question (or some form of it) as to why are we forced to be here? it gives me the impression that the person is not content with his or her situation (which would the sinful form of the thought). My response to that is: think of all the ways which you could be in a much worse state. Some people don't think this works, but for me it works wonders and generally makes me pretty content in whatever situation I'm in (and agreeable to the idea that it was the Lord's will that I am here).

For instance, most of us here writing on this forum have both our arms and our legs as well as our sight (some of course, do not so that is why I said "most". Because if most of us didn't, that would be a really strange sample group). Would not your life really take a turn for the worse if one (or more!) of your limbs had to amputated or if one day you have some horrible accident and you loose your sight??

Another unquestionable blessing from the Lord (for this I'll say a significant percentage, though I'm quite sure it is "most". But just in case that isn't so): a significant percentage of us here have indoor plumbing!!!!!!!! Have you really sat down and thought about how awful it would be not to? Maybe some people don't care about that that much, but to me, indoor plumbing is like the most awesomest thing in the world!!!! Okay, so maybe you're just plumb delighted about using an outhouse. What about indoor faucets??? Hello!!! Do you know how *exacerbating* it is to have to draw up water from a well????!!! How time consuming it is not to mention wearying??!!!!!

Having indoor plumbing and running water should make people jump for joy and be ecstatic about their lives! And shout for joy with praises to the Lord for the wonderful blessing he brings into our lives!!!!

I can go on and on. Those are just my usual starters.

I do get it as to how it would be better not to have existed at all than to have to be in this world with all it's misery (after all, there are many, many people who don't have these blessings from the Lord. Why are they forced to be here?). Yet it comes down to submitting to God as your sovereign Lord. He decreed that you're here. And he really does not have to give you the amazing amounts of convenience and comfort you enjoy right now in your life.

And if you do happen to be in some miserable condition and if you haven't found that Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment to be joyful only with Jesus and nothing else (I don't think many of us are able to do that. I know for darn sure I'm not that way yet!), let the Lord know you aren't happy. You can't keep that from him anyway like I think you mentioned. Keep trusting him though. Trust that somehow all things do work out for good for those who love God.

My favorite story regarding this idea is when Thomas Jonathan Jackson (known as "Stonewall" to many) got his arm amputated at the battle of Chancelorsville (from being shot by his own men). He said something to the effect of: "I don't know how losing my arm is good for me right now and maybe I won't find out how it is that way until the next life. But I trust that the Lord's word is true." He ended up dying a week later. But he trusted the Lord in the entire situation.

That's all the advice I can give. It's not easy, that's for sure. I would also keep praying to the Lord to make Jesus desirable to you more than all the riches in the world. It seems to me that that is where our troubles lie as Christians here in the world (especially in first world countries where we enjoy so many physical comforts); we grow fond of things of the world and then when things aren't how we'd like them to be it becomes a source of contention with the Lord for us. If somehow God would reveal to us how Jesus really is the only thing that can give us ultimate contentment, we wouldn't want for the worldly things when they are not available to us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi!

Is this sinful thinking?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers from Texas!
Jesus already knows your thoughts so trying to hide what you feel is futile. And God wants us to come to Him with our everyday life and so you should pray about it. God says that when we seek we will find, knock and the door will be opened.

Just remember who is God and who is not and I would come to Him with respect. God doesn't expect you or any of us to be perfect.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi!

Is this sinful thinking?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers from Texas!
We are encouraged to seek and find. This would involve questioning that which doesn't make sense to you. Seek until you find. Woe to those who stop seeking to be content with believing what someone else says. And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. And those whom the son set free are free indeed.....

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi

Well if we ever get to the point where we think we have it all correct, Lord help us!
It is meant to be a struggle. The apostle Paul said he struggled all the time. The important thing, to my way of thinking, is to pray all the time for help from the God through Christ Jesus and The Hoy Spirit for guidance and understanding/
That being said, I say this. Pray, study daily, then pray and study daily.
It only took this One 55 years to learn some things!

Andy C

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I am a believer now, but I still haven't been able to shake existential thoughts like this. I feel that they are a bit arrogant and high-mighty. I am working on being grateful for the trial of life but the root of my thought comes from the confusion of existing in the first place.

Well, here's a thought: How would God have asked you if wanted to exist before you existed?

I remember hearing a story of a raging teen who shouted at her father, "I didn't ask to be born into this family!" Her annoyed father immediately replied, "Well, if you had, I would have said no!"

Anyway, we're in God's universe. He runs the show. If He decides to create a person, He has, as God, perfect right to do so. He's beholden to no one. It's really that simple.

Upvote 0